AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Service Report (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/service-report-553515/)

soljc 06-22-2004 10:14 AM

Service Report

Brought my TL in for its 2nd oil change (Mobil 1) and tire rotation (9k), and also had them look at Brembo brake squealing, brake pedal clicking sound and noisy clutch.

It shouldn't come as any surprise that I was told the Brembo brake squeal is normal for high performance brakes. I acknowledged some squeaking is fine, but the intensity of my squealing certainly can't be normal, but it looks like I'll just have to deal with it.

Brake pedal clicking is an interesting story. When I first brought the car in for this problem a few months ago, the tech guy said other TLs didn't have the clicking, so they replaced the brake switch, which solved the problem for a few weeks. This time, they say it's normal. Hmmmm. Well, it doesn't bother me that much, not nearly as much as the Brembo squealing, but I told them it was curious that at first it wasn't normal, and now it is normal.

And finally, my clutch has been squeaky lately, sounding almost like a wet shoe at times, so I had them look at that also, but they (surprise) found nothing wrong.

I love this car, and even these relatively minor issues won't sour me, but I gotta admit the non-responsive answers are frustrating.

wha2sie 06-22-2004 11:51 AM

I called to find out if I could put the brembo brakes on my car and the guy told me that there expensive and they make noise. So maybe it is normal, as for the clicking thing I don't have any information on that.

rapera 06-22-2004 12:02 PM

My local Service Department manager told me that Acura was aware of the problems with the early Brembo pads, and just replaced mine at 8,000 miles under warranty.

There may even be a TSB, but I am not sure of that.

Hope that helps.

Aegir 06-22-2004 12:04 PM

My brakes used to squeal as well, but it has gotten better. I have 7000 miles on my car now and haven't heard a peep from the brakes in about a month...knock on wood! :wish:

nick04tl 06-22-2004 12:15 PM

acura shouldnt have put brembos on a luxury car. i have had a couple people complain about them. brembos are made to stop your car very quickly. a side effect of that is noise. when i used to work at infiniti we had alot of g35 coupe customers complain about the brembos as well.

Nodoze2004 06-22-2004 01:11 PM

I will take squealing Brembo's over the stock 5at brakes ANY DAY!!!

nick04tl 06-22-2004 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004

me too i dont care how much they make noise

soljc 06-22-2004 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by nick04tl
me too i dont care how much they make noise

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade the Brembos, but I wish you could hear my brakes.

Champcar1 06-22-2004 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004

Same here. I had a 5AT loaner last week while mine was in for service. Let's just say I was really happy to get my 6MT back.