Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service at Radley Acura

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service at Radley Acura

i got up bright and early today (07:30 to be exact) to take my TL into Radley Acura to get some repairs done. i've been having this problem
with my clutch pedal (makes a clicking noise) and my driver side window (makes a screeching noise when going down). a couple hours later the
service manager comes to me and says "i need to show you something on your car." i was wondering what he could be talking about, did he
find a solution to the clicking clutch pedal? nope, he walks me over to my car to show me this big old scratch mark that his mechanic put in my
bumper. he says "we're sorry sir, but we hit your car and we couldn't fix your pedal." i just couldn't believe it. i wait in the waiting area for
three hours only to find out that one of my problems couln't be fixed and to find a new scratch on the car. needless to say the dealer will fix the
scratch and replace the clutch assembly all together, i just gotta go in next week and get a loaner vehicle. this sucks.

i know these pics are big, i just wanted you guys to be able to see the scratch.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
That sucks. I bought from them... Teh sheer volume of cars in the parking lot always made me nervous.

Compromise...
Have them install the A-Spec front lip over it.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I bought my '97 TL there. hmm...
Old 08-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

well at least they didn't try to deny it........................I went to Mike Harvey Acura, here in the Bay for rattles once they had my car for 5hrs and then told me they cound'nt fix the rattle because of my low profile tires and aftermarket suspension............I was like so WTF did they need my car all day then....
Old 08-16-2006, 05:28 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
This happen to me at Pohanka Acura with my '05 NBP. Take your markings move them up about 8-10 inches on the right side with a gash about a 1/4" deep. This cost them about $1000 on the trade in.

It will happen anywhere, as said early this dealers have too many f'ing cars on there lot.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Kennedy
That sucks. I bought from them... Teh sheer volume of cars in the parking lot always made me nervous.

Compromise...
Have them install the A-Spec front lip over it.
do you think i can really get them to install a A-Spec kit on it at no charge?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Advanced

That really scares me.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I stopped going to Radley a while ago. First of all, if you notice, their repair bay is way too cramped. On two different occasions I had my front bodykit lip scratched and one of my jack points on the car bent by their technicians. Ever since the second incident I stopped taking my car to Radley. Since then I've taken my car to Pohanka on numerous occasions and have been quite happy with facilities and the service. Good luck on your repair.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:31 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Soul_zero
do you think i can really get them to install a A-Spec kit on it at no charge?
The whole A-Spec kit, probably not. But the Front Lip most likely. I had a warped side skirt on my '06. Criswell in Annapolis declared it a defect and attempted to fix it, but they put on the A-Spec side on only one side of the car. When they told me they were finished and I went and took a look I could not believe the screw up. I had to point out the difference between the two sides of my car. At first they tried to resolve it by taking the ASpec side skirt off, but after I told them I would be examining the car very closely to make sure that process did not mess up my paint they quicky came back with the solution of putting the other side on for free. So I ended up with BOTH ASpec side skirts for free.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The first time i went to my dealership, they sent soemone out to give my car a visual inspection. The inspection guy noted that i had a dent on my rear quater panel...which i knew about.

Do they all do this?

For the scratch.....if it not deep it might be able to be buffed out. If not, i dunno what they will do.

Good Luck
Old 08-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow....there've been a lot of complaints in the TSX forum about Radley, too. I think it was just last week that someone got a huge hole in their bumper!

Good luck with the repairs.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

Yeah, Radley sucks. I remember when I had my Integra and carried there for an oil change, I began hearing a vibration from the car. Toke it back and they claim that they knock out a spark plug because it's close to the oil cap...yeah right. Needless to say, I don't go there anymore.

Beware of Chevy Chase Acura as well.

Tischer Acura, although not perfect, is pretty safe.

That really sucks though! That mechanic was probably on crack or something to create a scratch like that.

We need to make a thread listing the dealerships to stay away from and the ones that are safe to go to.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

Yes that would be a great idea. We need to start a thread which dealer sucks more in any area so that all the Acura Owners will be aware of it.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:37 PM
6th Gear

Hey man, i just took my car to have the back up sensor installed at Karen Radley in woodbridge, i drop the car off, they call me at 6 in the afternoon tellin me that they cant do it after i drive an hour from winchester to drop it off. They said they needed to order somethin to put the aspec kit back on my rear bumper, because they didnt know that it had it on there. I get the car back two days later, and my driverside door panel has a gash in it. I call for 2 weeks tryin to get a hold of the service manager and nothing, no return calls nothing. I finally called my salesperson and got a hold of them. Im suppose to take it down there monday and they are goin to look at it.