Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Opinions Wanted

Have an '06 Black TL 6-spd that needs some minor repairs. Was hoping to get some thoughts from those of you who may have more experience with Acura than I.

The things that needs some repairs are:

1) Drivers rear fender is slightly crushed as result of a very slow speed brush with another car in my own driveway. Some paint work will be needed as well. Paintless dent removal is not really an option... or I guess PDR could work, but then I would need it to be painted.

2) A couple of minor scrapes on front from pulling up to close to parking spots. Damage is on the fiberglass. Couple of scrapes on the right rocker as well.

3) Couple of paint chips on doors here and there from the kids.

4) Battery does not seem to be holding a "good" charge. I have a radar detector and Harmon Cardon D&P I attached. Both plugged into the cig-lighters so I don't think that there should be any drain off the system when not running... but it really feels like there is low juice from the battery. Was also told same by Jiffy Lube attendant. Should be under warranty.

5) The throw into third gear often times does not stick or will grind. It's the only gear where this seems to happen. If I had a problem with other gears I'd think it was me, but I've been driving manuals for close to 20 years. I think I've got it figured out by now .

6) Road Rattle in dash on left hand side of guages. I've stuck one or two of my business cards between the dash and the trim and it pretty much goes away.

So, other than that... the car is wonderful!

Any thoughts on working with the dealer or independents would be helpful. I'm in west suburban Chicago (near Schaumburg). The dealer that I would take it to would be the Acura in Hoffman Estates.

I'm totally open to one or more stops to getting this done. I'm just concerned about issues with overspray and paint matching. I'd rather spend the money and get it done right as opposed to taking the inexpensive way out. So, if the dealer is the best option, great... otherwise, if I could go to an independent body shop (yes, my mileage may vary), and have good results great. Just looking for input.

Best,
Old 05-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Slow Paper> No Paper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may want to go shop that is refered by your Acura dealer. I bet thats where there going to send it if you take it to them anyway.