Sponsored by:

Service Fail...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
Exclamation Service Fail...

Hello,

Just got back home from Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa, CA in raging mode and could use some advice or help in general about the whole situation.

Long story short, found out that my right headlight was out. tried turning on and off the headlight to see if it was out but it would sometimes turn on. took it out and found that my bulb had been partially melted and the ignitor looks to be semi burnt or residue left over. wasn't sure what caused the problem so i thought i would take it to Acura since it has to be under warranty and since my TL-S only has 18K miles on her, so why not. Here are the pictures to have a better visual

Went there and had to make an appointment, which was today @ 9:30 AM. Dropped the car off so they could "inspect" the car and they said I'd be able to pick the car up at 3:30 PM that day. So I arrive there at 3:30 and talked to Greg from Service. He told me that they couldn't inspect it because the headlight worked the whole time it was there and they can't look into the car unless it was broken there. I argued with him so then he'll be right back to "grab the paperwork" but came back telling me they are starting to look into the problem now. WTF? Talks to me so more outside and tells me to come back in 15-20 minutes, but I wasn't leaving so I told him I was gunna stay at the dealership for those 15-20 minutes.. So pretty much my car sat at the dealership for 6 hours for me to come back so the dealership would actually take a look at my headlight. Why didn't they just call me instead of wasting 6 hours?

After waiting those 15-20 minutes, I got my car back and realized my car was washed. then i was like damn, i forgot to tell them not to wash my car because all the cars on the lot have swirls in their paint and was like, great i bet i have swirls on my car on. so i inspected the exterior and found these 2 new "oopsies" on the car that people of the dealership did while it was out of my possession.

Here are some visuals:

First picture is on the passenger side bumper

Second picture is on the driver side bumper

After getting angry about how that could even happen, I talked to Greg and told him. He told me he would get the Service Manager. I talked to him and told him what happened. He seemed to not even believe me but I told him that I just washed the car yesterday so I know what's new and what's old. He told me that they would have to repaint it and I was like okay that would be fine.

So I went inside to schedule an appointment and was told it would take over 3 days to get back to me. So I mentioned that I would need a rental, but my dad or someone that's 21+ would have to get it for me since I'm only 19. Then i mentioned to them that I had an aspec lip kit on the front bumper then they gave me a story of how if you take it off, it wouldn't be able to put it back on. after saying that, they said well since you're going to have the kit on, we can only get it spot painted. I'm like these guys have aspec kits installed all the time, how can they not put it back on? it is an ACURA LIP KIT. So I asked them if I took off the lip myself and dropped it off without it on could they paint it then? They said yes. My appointment is Wednesday @ 7:30 AM.

Here are some questions I have -
What are your responses?
Did I do everything correctly?
Should I really take my lip off or try to tell them they should?

I forgot to ask them how the rental works, can anyone provide info on that subject? Like how it works and if its 100% free or is it $X.XX per mile, things like that.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS POST AND ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREAT!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
1. Sorry. I wouldn't go to that Acura stealership again after this.
2. You were well within your rights to demand what you did.
3. Absolutely not. They can deal with it all. It is all ACURA parts, after all.
4. For the rental, some dealerships care about the gas level being the same, and others don't. This seems to vary from stealer to stealer. But, they won't/shouldn't charge you for it. The rental should be a loaner, so they shouldn't charge. Don't even consider paying for it. In regards to mileage, it should be unlimited. Make sure of that as well.

If they keep on messing with you, call ACS. Then, if that doesn't work, you can always call the BBB. I'd have your dad go with you from now on. Sometimes they treat you according to your age, and not your actual maturity level.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by princelybug
1. Sorry. I wouldn't go to that Acura stealership again after this.
2. You were well within your rights to demand what you did.
3. Absolutely not. They can deal with it all. It is all ACURA parts, after all.
4. For the rental, some dealerships care about the gas level being the same, and others don't. This seems to vary from stealer to stealer. But, they won't/shouldn't charge you for it. The rental should be a loaner, so they shouldn't charge. Don't even consider paying for it. In regards to mileage, it should be unlimited. Make sure of that as well.

If they keep on messing with you, call ACS. Then, if that doesn't work, you can always call the BBB. I'd have your dad go with you from now on. Sometimes they treat you according to your age, and not your actual maturity level.
Thank you for your quick response and all the information. For #3, that's exactly what I said so I'll go back tomorrow or should I just do it on my appointment day to tell them to deal with it since its an ACURA LIP KIT? I would bring my dad along but he wouldn't be helpful for situations like these...As for the rental/loaner, I'll be sure to not pay for squash. Can anyone recommend any GREAT Northbay Acura Dealerships with better customer service and driving skills?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Talk to corporate and relay the whole thing to them. They could bring some leverage (in your favor) to the situation. I believe there's a phone number in owner's manual for complaints (near the back?). Case in point: I had a '91 Ford Explorer years ago that had a trashed 4WD system at 50,000 miles (14k out of warranty but within 3 yrs time-wise). A $1400 bill was caused by a small $2 oil hose in the transfer case that cracked and thus Mr. Transfer Case no gettie any oil. Of course, dealer said you're out of warranty tough luck. Corporate (meaning Regional Service Mgr) said it was a screwy deal and agreed to have Ford pay 1/2. Just my two cents FWIW. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pat04TL
Talk to corporate and relay the whole thing to them. They could bring some leverage (in your favor) to the situation. I believe there's a phone number in owner's manual for complaints (near the back?). Case in point: I had a '91 Ford Explorer years ago that had a trashed 4WD system at 50,000 miles (14k out of warranty but within 3 yrs time-wise). A $1400 bill was caused by a small $2 oil hose in the transfer case that cracked and thus Mr. Transfer Case no gettie any oil. Of course, dealer said you're out of warranty tough luck. Corporate (meaning Regional Service Mgr) said it was a screwy deal and agreed to have Ford pay 1/2. Just my two cents FWIW. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. I'll call corporate now.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by huystAr
Thank you for your quick response and all the information. For #3, that's exactly what I said so I'll go back tomorrow or should I just do it on my appointment day to tell them to deal with it since its an ACURA LIP KIT? I would bring my dad along but he wouldn't be helpful for situations like these...As for the rental/loaner, I'll be sure to not pay for squash. Can anyone recommend any GREAT Northbay Acura Dealerships with better customer service and driving skills?
Honestly, doing it on your own will ensure the best outcome, because you'll know that it was done right. But, the issue is that you didn't do anything wrong, so you shouldn't have to go through the labor. Again...it might be worth it?

If you decide to have the stealer do it, I suggest you either go there to talk to them beforehand, or call them beforehand to inform them of your intentions.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Honestly, doing it on your own will ensure the best outcome, because you'll know that it was done right. But, the issue is that you didn't do anything wrong, so you shouldn't have to go through the labor. Again...it might be worth it?

If you decide to have the stealer do it, I suggest you either go there to talk to them beforehand, or call them beforehand to inform them of your intentions.
I would take it elsewhere if it was my fault or if it was somebody else's fault and they were paying for it...in this case, i'll be letting them do it. Ill go back in tomorrow and talk to them.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
I offer this as a former insider of the biz:

do they have their own bodyshop on site? go speak with the manager there- show them the car- do NOT show up with your own plan of whats going to happen~
Make all arangements in advance- get the SM to come ok the work invoice

A good bodyshop can `spot paint` that and blend it all in no sweat

When you and the service writer completed the paperwork:
the last line says- Customer request wash and vac.
the SW puts in on every invoice
UNLESS you make sure they write- NO wash and vac
BUT
the kid doing that job doesnt ever see the work order!!
Tech finishes and the paperwork goes into office, car goes in the `done` parking and the shop kid runs each thru the brush wash, or hand scratches it for you with dirty rags~

Leave a note in english and whatever 2nd language is spoken in your area,,
spanish for example in Santa Rosa'--
on the steering wheel, and dash or shifter- a post-it taped on might do. you can hope!!

acura customer care 1-800 382 2238 x5

everyone should register with them by VIN- they send out the recall notices to last known owner address
ask if your car has any OPEN RECALLS- those need to be done and are free- open means not yet fixed
dealer is supposed to ck for new recalls whenever your car is there, but they dont always~

headlight- wtf? because it worked when they tested it by turning the switch on and off several times the tech stopped looking???--your making that up right?
Should have removed the suspect bulb and inspected
Then figure out why it looks like that!- was it just bulb wearout or ballast prob or did their testing add some hurt to it? thats really odd looking

If water is getting behind the headlight lens- that moisture drips down and gets onto the ballast- shorting it out and killing bulbs

When the tech couldnt find the prob -and there was a diagnosis fee approved- the dispatcher gets notified- who tells the service writer or manager- who decides to put the car aside and work on something else- or keep digging
you signed for that diagnosis, 100 bucks or so for 1 to 1.5 hours of tech time to locate problem- if it becomes warranty they dont charge for you the diagnosis

Plain and simple they blew it on this job, and with acs now on their case,,,things will change
anything less than perfect 10s on survey cards is a failing grade,,
while you did leave with a solution, its not a fair one to expect you to dismantle your car for their mistake
and the people you dealt with were not the body shop people- so they cant say what another dept can do

look how close they have to park cars in the back lot--it will shock you and explain dings and dents
Most places have the SW walk arond the car with you at drop-off looking for any damage and noting it. Many people will try to say dealer messed up their car,,looking for freebies

Loaner cars are free- no mileage, in Ca you must be 25
and do NOT drive that car yourself after dad gets it-voids insurance and contract agreement,
you drive dads ride and all is cool
Old 07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Isn't Prestige Acura a vendor on here? I wouldn't call that a fail..completely. Almost all dealerships are like that. It's expected when you go to the dealership, that's why it's dreaded; because it's a long, drawn-out process
Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Isn't Prestige Acura a vendor on here? I wouldn't call that a fail..completely. Almost all dealerships are like that. It's expected when you go to the dealership, that's why it's dreaded; because it's a long, drawn-out process
You're right. Unbelievable!

http://www.prestigeacura.com/parts/index.htm
Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I ordered my timing belt kit from Kaleb awhile back, and he's a pretty cool guy. Can't give a rating on service though Some are always better than others. maybe OP could PM Kaleb a nice, polite message explaining to him what has happened?

https://acurazine.com/forums/members/wholesalepartsguy-265345/
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

^
Old 07-08-2010, 02:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
I offer this as a former insider of the biz:

do they have their own bodyshop on site? go speak with the manager there- show them the car- do NOT show up with your own plan of whats going to happen~
Make all arangements in advance- get the SM to come ok the work invoice

A good bodyshop can `spot paint` that and blend it all in no sweat

When you and the service writer completed the paperwork:
the last line says- Customer request wash and vac.
the SW puts in on every invoice
UNLESS you make sure they write- NO wash and vac
BUT
the kid doing that job doesnt ever see the work order!!
Tech finishes and the paperwork goes into office, car goes in the `done` parking and the shop kid runs each thru the brush wash, or hand scratches it for you with dirty rags~

Leave a note in english and whatever 2nd language is spoken in your area,,
spanish for example in Santa Rosa'--
on the steering wheel, and dash or shifter- a post-it taped on might do. you can hope!!

acura customer care 1-800 382 2238 x5

everyone should register with them by VIN- they send out the recall notices to last known owner address
ask if your car has any OPEN RECALLS- those need to be done and are free- open means not yet fixed
dealer is supposed to ck for new recalls whenever your car is there, but they dont always~

headlight- wtf? because it worked when they tested it by turning the switch on and off several times the tech stopped looking???--your making that up right?
Then figure out why it looks like that!- was it just bulb wearout or ballast prob or did their testing add some hurt to it? thats really odd looking

If water is getting behind the headlight lens- that moisture drips down and gets onto the ballast- shorting it out and killing bulbs

When the tech couldnt find the prob -and there was a diagnosis fee approved- the dispatcher gets notified- who tells the service writer or manager- who decides to put the car aside and work on something else- or keep digging
you signed for that diagnosis, 100 bucks or so for 1 to 1.5 hours of tech time to locate problem- if it becomes warranty they dont charge for you the diagnosis

Plain and simple they blew it on this job, and with acs now on their case,,,things will change
anything less than perfect 10s on survey cards is a failing grade,,
while you did leave with a solution, its not a fair one to expect you to dismantle your car for their mistake
and the people you dealt with were not the body shop people- so they cant say what another dept can do

look how close they have to park cars in the back lot--it will shock you and explain dings and dents
Most places have the SW walk arond the car with you at drop-off looking for any damage and noting it. Many people will try to say dealer messed up their car,,looking for freebies

Loaner cars are free- no mileage, in Ca you must be 25
and do NOT drive that car yourself after dad gets it-voids insurance and contract agreement,
you drive dads ride and all is cool
Thanks for the response. I'll be sure to talk to the manager tomorrow and set up a plan. i'll also be sure to leave a note in the car to not wash or vac and tell the rep to add that to the papers next time im there. For the rental, Greg told me I needed to be 21 and he said that my dad could come and handle all of it for me but i'll take your word for it and be sure not to drive it -______________- even if it ends up being a sexy car

What actually happened was, I just walked to the other side of the lot to find where they drove my car to. 5 minutes later, i see a worker driving my car and stopped right next to me and just handed me the keys. i have never seen this person before or talked to this person lol i was sorta shocked how he just handed them over to me maybe he was told to give the keys to the asian with a baseball hat on? who knows..either way i wasn't walked out to my car then I walked back inside and told them i had paint chips on my bumper and they were shocked i had the car back in my possession..

And yes they are a vendor on AZ, and yes Kaleb is a cool guy. I've order my aspec kit and my window visors through him. Kaleb is great at price matching other deals and group buys off AZ. He's actually the guy who told me to talk to the guy in Services because I tried explaining the situation and wondering if there was a warranty for the igniter or bulb.

This is actually my first time taking my car in for service and they knew that. i had to update the information in the system because i'm the second owner and the previous owner has been there multiple times so her name is in the system. leaving my car in for 6 hours then show up @ pick up time and then they tell me they didn't even look under the hood. and then all of a sudden they wanted to look under the hood after he told me he couldn't, that was amazing then has me wait another 15-20 minutes to see that my lights 100% working and there was nothing wrong with them but 2 new dings on the bumper -_- like AMUA6 said, not a complete fail but a major disappointment for a first timer with services that makes me want to never take it back to them lol.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Burning Brakes

oh i forgot to add this part -

i am not making that up what so ever Greg said they didn't inspect the car at all because it was fully functioning at the dealership. Dont know for sure but i was told everything was fully functional but then the receipt said they gave me a new bulb. i personally haven't checked if it's a new bulb yet but i will get back to you on that.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Team Owner

sounds like they didnt get to it until late in the day,,ran out of time, and blew it off as `problem not found`

The appointment time is merely for your 10 minutes with a service writer-
has nothing to do with when your car will fit into the schedule
930 drop off may not see a tech until 2-30

when possible- drop off the day before just before closing- then you are first!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Team Owner

your signature says 5k bulbs
whats the story there? whats in the car? did aftermarket bulb go bad?
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Burning Brakes

your signature says 5k bulbs
whats the story there? whats in the car? did aftermarket bulb go bad?
i planned on keeping my 5ks that i bought but 1st night using them i had to go stock because the bulbs i received i wasnt able to see anything on the road at all. put my stocks back in next day. this all happened about 1 1/2 - 2 months ago. stock bulbs and hid fogs are in the car atm. no aftermarket bulbs went bad, just took them out.

+ edited sig since i was too lazy till now.

Last edited by huystAr; 07-08-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: notated sig edit
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Burning Brakes

**UPDATE**

Called Acura Customer Care and told them the story and just told me to talk to the Service Manager again so I called Prestige Acura again.

Couldn't talk to Service Manager, but I got Greg instead. I talked to Greg and told him that I didn't want to have to take off my own lip kit and they should be able to do that. I told them if they can't fit it back on, which im pretty sure they could, ill just do it myself. I also asked if I could just drop off my front bumper instead of dropping off my entire car to get my bumper repainted, he said "i dont see why you couldn't do that." Is this a good idea? Id rather not risk my car being damaged there again or damaged while having the entire car transported to the body-shop.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
It's your call. If I were in that situation, I would drop off just the bumper, and then you can pick it up. I have done this in the past with my Accord with my CF hood. Drove without a hood for two days, but less of a chance that the rest of the car gets damaged.

Whenever I drop my car off at any mechanic or dealership, I ask the service advisor exactly what his plan of action for the repair would be. If I don't like something that he/she says, then I say so. For example, I'll say "Well, in doing XXX, you're going to inspect and remove and test for that condition, right?" What this does is it creates a trail of information and enhances communication between you and the service advisor. You also will have a better knowlesge of what's going on.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:12 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

The only issue I see with them receiving the bumper only would be possible paint matching?

But, then again, all they're going to do is take the bumper off and paint it anyway.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
It's your call. If I were in that situation, I would drop off just the bumper, and then you can pick it up. I have done this in the past with my Accord with my CF hood. Drove without a hood for two days, but less of a chance that the rest of the car gets damaged.

Whenever I drop my car off at any mechanic or dealership, I ask the service advisor exactly what his plan of action for the repair would be. If I don't like something that he/she says, then I say so. For example, I'll say "Well, in doing XXX, you're going to inspect and remove and test for that condition, right?" What this does is it creates a trail of information and enhances communication between you and the service advisor. You also will have a better knowlesge of what's going on.
yeah i'll feel safer if i just drop off the bumper and i'll be sure to get them to go over the action plan before i leave. thanks for the tip! also, i dont think i'll have the balls to drive without a bumper on lol it'll be so embarassing. ill just have extra time to put in my new LEDs and more 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber on to the car i guess.

The only issue I see with them receiving the bumper only would be possible paint matching?

But, then again, all they're going to do is take the bumper off and paint it anyway.
yeah i thought about the paint not matching the car, but it's a WDP...the car already doesnt match so how much worse can it get hopefully they dont just paint another layer onto the existing paint because that would be pointless and would not satisfy me at all.

I'll be sure to update the post about how it went, thanks again for all of your help and advice fellow AZ members!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Burning Brakes

** UPDATE **

Just thought id keep my post updated. I dropped off my car @ 7:30 this morning with the mom and Greg told me it would be done by tommorow so I pick her up @ 3:00. Not sure what happened with waiting 3+ days but 1 day is good to me. Didn't get offered a loaner car from Acura.. My mom and I went with the Enterprise van to the Enterprise hut they had nearby, but then decided not to get a rental since my car was only gone for 1 day. Got dropped off back to the dealership and then i see a lady who dropped off her 2nd gen tl walking to her 4th gen tsx loaner car and was like damn... maybe because i was only gunna be car-less for a day is the reason i didnt get one? not sure since i dont know the rules In conclusion, im still kinda scared to see how good of a job they did when i go pick her up so im just hoping for the best tonight..

I'll be posting back after I get the car back and probably take pictures. Just wanted to thank everyone who helped out and gave me advice+tips! It helped!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
I have always had good luck with my dealer up until the last visit but that's OK I just talk to another service guy and I know the service manager pretty well.

first time I had trouble was whe I go to my dealer for an oil change in 2007 and they mangled my bumper so no biggie they put a new one on and i got a TL for a loaner. They also let the body shop fix a few chips while I had their loaner car. Niiiiiiiiiice.

second time was 3 weeks ago when I dropped my car off for trans issues (still not resolved) and I told the guy I need a loaner but I am going to drive it much......he asked why and I said I got issues with my 2002 CLS replacement trans killing fluid and bad slipping intermittently under light acceleration. I told them to keep the car and drive it until they found the problem.

Made appointment for the following wednesday am....new guy states car out of warranty u gonna have to pay for it..... I politely stated that there are MULTIPLE instances where i bring the car in after new trans with issues and that Steve noted in the computer that I would bring the car in when I had time (this was while car was under warranty).

showed up wed as expected and no loaners becuase it was not marked on the paperwork even though I told the guy i needed one. Talked to Chris and he stated if he had a car he would give it to me (they cannot use another cars for loaners besides their designated cars) I said no biggie just drop me home and I'll get around on my vin0 125 for the week.

Following Wed they come get me and stated NPF and gave me my car back. Don't get my wrong I like my dealer cause they take good care of me and they do not charge me to look at the trans issue......

They still cannot explain why a trans with 24K on it needs a drain and fill either....lol

All I am sayin' is sometimes things do not go right...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 AM
2011 M37x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hope everything works out i hate dealer horror stories..im glad i use to work in sales at my local honda dealer i still get hooked up there lol
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
All I am sayin' is sometimes things do not go right...
very true..well at least your dealership sounds a lot better wish there was another Acura dealership nearby haha next closest one is 42+ miles if i wanted to try out a new one. im still hoping for the best since it's the body shop that's doing all the work, not Acura. I just hope they took off the aspec front lip off correctly and put it back on correctly.

Originally Posted by blacktsx05
i hope everything works out i hate dealer horror stories..im glad i use to work in sales at my local honda dealer i still get hooked up there lol
thanks man! yeah hopefully mine turns out to be a success story haha.. would honda be down to do warranty issues for Acura cars or are you talking about like oil changes and what not?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
^might be worth it if the service is better......
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
^might be worth it if the service is better......
true if anyone recommends it

** UPDATE **

Sadly, showed up @ 3 and the car wasn't even done and they didnt even bother to call me so I wasted a trip there. Beautiful At least they are taking their time? Who knows They said to try again tommorow, but i'll do myself a favor and call them before showing up.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Instructor

What a bunch of jackasses. This is not the treatment I get at my dealership and if it was I would not go back.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by natedoggydog
What a bunch of jackasses. This is not the treatment I get at my dealership and if it was I would not go back.
yeah i say this'll be the last time but im only like maybe 5 miles away from this dealership. maybe when i turn 21 and im able to get my own loaner car, then i'll be willing to drive where ever the best dealership is but for now it'll be Prestige Acura of Santa Rosa haha...wish there would be an undercover customer testing these service reps..
Old 07-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, it sucks you've been going through all this sh*t. Not fun. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

just key a couple of their cars on the lot and call it a day! (or night since i wouldn't do this during the day)
Old 07-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Team Owner

there are age minimums on loaner cars- 21 at least, many states 25= same as rental cars rules in your state
Paying customers get dibs on loaners---you fall into the pita end of the scale right now~

always call before expecting your car to be ready
If they didnt call -its not ready!

The body shop and the service desk are not working togther on this- they need 3 days so it gets done when it fits in the schedule for prep- matching, jamming (painting) the ends and edges, and final paint then baking in the big oven

Not having the car does increase risk of paint being off tint

you can detail your experience and send a copy of this thread to acura corp in LA
When you get the customer survey with your receipt- fill it out
anything less than ALL 10s is a failing grade to corp- service manager gets a copy and you get phone call- how can we make this so you are happy?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

there are age minimums on loaner cars- 21 at least, many states 25= same as rental cars rules in your state
Paying customers get dibs on loaners---you fall into the pita end of the scale right now~

The body shop and the service desk are not working togther on this- they need 3 days so it gets done when it fits in the schedule for prep- matching, jamming (painting) the ends and edges, and final paint then baking in the big oven

you can detail your experience and send a copy of this thread to acura corp in LA
anything less than ALL 10s is a failing grade to corp- service manager gets a copy and you get phone call- how can we make this so you are happy?
yeah im about a year and a month away from being 21 as for me being the pita for them, it's probably true but sad at the same time because i didnt ask them to damage my car while looking into my headlight

well i thought it was 3 days then he gives me the magic number of 1 so i was like "oh really? by tommorow?" he says "yeah, i dont see why not" haha.. and yeah, i'll be calling next time

i actually decided to drop off the whole car so they could at least try to match WDP since my bumper never matched anyways.

as for notifying corporate about my situation, did you mean write them a letter because i looked for the info on acura and they only have a physical address, no email? I'll start writing my letter on word, but let me know if there's an email and should i just print out this whole thread in BW as well?

Bucks - yeah it blows, sucks to be treated as a PITA then a customer lol (:

Bayamon - 1st off, id be scared as F*** to do that and i would feel bad after doing so haha...maybe if i could find their own personal car id get a fatty sticker made that said "Acurazine Rocks" and have it placed on his car with gorilla glue! haha. if anything, all the cars on the lots have major, major swirls id be mad if i was a salesman because i dont know how they sell cars when the sun is out.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Burning Brakes

** UPDATE **

Received a call around noon from the dealership telling me the car will be ready tomorrow but he couldn't tell me a time. hopefully i'll receive a call early tomorrow to pick her up wish me luck that it all went GOOOODD
Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts

The dealership is 100% liable in providing him with a rental. I don't care if he is 21, 25, or 10. Acura could have loaned him one of the Acuras on the lot, and I'm sure they had one.

You really need to stop letting them take over you. Demand a rental, demand it be done at a given time, and demand them too reimburse you for the Enterprise rental car.

Its almost like an accident. You file a insurance claim, the insurance company gives you a claim number, and then the insurance issues you a rental car. I don't care if you're under 21, big companies like Enterprise WILL rent you a car if it something like this.

Don't take NO for an answer. Make sure they give you a date when they are supposed to fix it and make sure they do it. If not, complain and get something in return (free oil change perhaps?).

Shoulda advised you awhile back, but I guess I've been busy working everyday.