Service B experience @ Downey Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004 | 08:56 PM
100k miles club

Service B experience @ Downey Acura

As many of you of you know, my original dealer screwed me and my car during an oil change and rattle issue. Since then I've been looking to find a new dealer to take my business too and found it. Downey Acura did took care of my car today and was more than satisfied at the service I received. This is what I expected at an Acura dealership! Besides the great service, I was surrounded by KNOWLEDGABLE employees; every question I asked was answered to my satisfaction. This experience almost restored my alliance with Acura. Now I just wish ACS would follow this dealer's footsteps in serving their customer. A couple of things I found out that may have already been covered but I will share anyways just in case it hasn't been

*A-Spec package for the 04 TL and RSX will be discontinued and will only be available piece by piece. A replacement package will be out soon.

*If you would like to get the same brembos from the manual TL for your automatic, the cost will be around $1200 installed (from Service Foreman at the dealership)

*I may be able to try out the RL's pc card on my TL once it's available. Should be first week of October

*Service B cost me $85.90 ($96 w/ tax) if anyone is wondering. This was cheaper by about $20 versus the 3 other Acura dealers I've called

If anyone in the area is interested, Chris is the Assistant Service Manager and Jon, I think he was the Service Foreman or something like that, knows alot about the aftermarket stuff for our 2004 TL. I wish I had more time to chat with him but I had to get back to work.
Old 09-07-2004 | 08:59 PM
Safety Car

1200 for just the brakes?? wow almost makes the 6MT seem like a better deal right off the bat. what's the deal with the pc card?
Old 09-07-2004 | 08:59 PM
Does anyone read this

I bought my first Acura from them a 99TL and they treated me great. Glad you found a place.
Old 09-07-2004 | 09:10 PM
100k miles club

Originally Posted by caball88
1200 for just the brakes?? wow almost makes the 6MT seem like a better deal right off the bat. what's the deal with the pc card?
ya might as well get the 6MT. not worth it for me since i won't need the brembo's performance. i'm quite content w/ what i have for how i drive. well supposedly, that dealer will get some pc cards in programmed or the RL will have the cards in them. i asked one of the guys there if it will work if we were to try it on my TL. he says it should but to come back when they have them in and we can check it out. i haven't read much on the difference between the versions of our TL and the 05 RL. but our version should be able to comprehend instructions from the pc card since most of the updating is via satellite while everything else is already in the car. from how i understand it, the satellite sends a code (represents whether it's an accident, detour, or whatever and its location - longtitue and latitude). the second part, our TL can already do, now that pc card may just contain the codes for the accidents, detour, and re-routing. i could be wrong though, i'm only assuming. i have yet to find reading material on how the navis work in our car. but if i'm guessing correctly, updating should be a breeze.
Old 09-07-2004 | 09:16 PM
Safety Car

if this means realtime traffic info on our TL i would jump for joy(well maybe not literally). i always figured that the actual rom firmware on the dvd drive had to be changed in order for the traffic updates to work. i was under the impression that the RL's nav was a new version(maybe a modified version of the current one) but still an entirely different version. nice info w1n78, keep us updated as the RL's are coming in this month. i bug my dealer as well if i get the chance.
Old 09-08-2004 | 12:37 AM
Instructor

I picked up my car from Downey Acura ... They were extremely friendly there.