Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sane people?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:08 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sunny201
lol damnnn darksom i love ur smart ass comments it adds some life to these threads ... I dont care what anybody thinks, but I say im a respectable guy because what 18 year old do you know runs his own business? I dont mean doing a little here and there, I mean doing everyyyything as in paying bills, firing/hiring people, and everything you can think of. AND!! goes to college full time?.. I think thats good enough reason to say im respectable.
Does the jury agree? haha
You know we're cool! And hell yes the jury agrees! That's awesome man and is to be commended!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol damnnn darksom i love ur smart ass comments it adds some life to these threads ... I dont care what anybody thinks, but I say im a respectable guy because what 18 year old do you know runs his own business? I dont mean doing a little here and there, I mean doing everyyyything as in paying bills, firing/hiring people, and everything you can think of. AND!! goes to college full time?.. I think thats good enough reason to say im respectable.
Does the jury agree? haha
Damn, never thought I would find anyone like me lol. I own a business (Web Design), go to school full time, work full time (at another company OTHER than my business) and still have time to hit it with the gf

keep it up... will only make you go somewhere in life lol.. theres 18, 19 - 20+ that I know that WISH they were me lol

its good to be a King.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
to the original question, i really think it matters what forum you are in. since you will probably mostly be posting in the 3g forum, i think you will get a lot of knowledgeable responses to all of your questions.
3g owners tend to be older (more $) which brings a lot of experience and maturity to the table. you will find the occasional , but mods are usually quick to put a stop to that. the lower the generation the tl is the less mature people you will find (ie 80/20 - 75/25 - 70/30). not to say that the other generations do not have knowledgeable people, just more people that aren't helpful, and just like to get in arguments that distract attention away from the original topics. the older the tl, the younger the owner (for the most part) and it shows in the forums.

hope this helps
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
to the original question, i really think it matters what forum you are in. since you will probably mostly be posting in the 3g forum, i think you will get a lot of knowledgeable responses to all of your questions.
3g owners tend to be older (more $) which brings a lot of experience and maturity to the table. you will find the occasional , but mods are usually quick to put a stop to that. the lower the generation the tl is the less mature people you will find (ie 80/20 - 75/25 - 70/30). not to say that the other generations do not have knowledgeable people, just more people that aren't helpful, and just like to get in arguments that distract attention away from the original topics. the older the tl, the younger the owner (for the most part) and it shows in the forums.

hope this helps
not a bad explanation... i looked in the older gens, but it just seems too ghetto... im glad i have a 3g.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by jay0k
I have enjoyed the forum and there seems to be quite the mix of people here. Just buying a $38,000 I would expect the demographic to be somewhat nice and welcome.
Well, there are the people who bought the car themselves, and there are the people who got the car via mommy or daddy. Not going to say what one is right and one is wrong, but one group tends to be more mature. I'll let you figure out which one that is.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
Damn, never thought I would find anyone like me lol. I own a business (Web Design), go to school full time, work full time (at another company OTHER than my business) and still have time to hit it with the gf

keep it up... will only make you go somewhere in life lol.. theres 18, 19 - 20+ that I know that WISH they were me lol

its good to be a King.
haha x2!! I never thought that either, but I dont have a gf, i think im too young to be in a relationship.. id rather have all my fun now then settle down later, but thats IMO so dont take it in the wrong way.

To all the people that may say im childish, immature, and all that, Mommy and Daddy bought this for me because I run one(1) of their 1.1 million dollar gas stations, yes thats right $1,100,000.(typical indian with a gas station haha i know ). Im pretty sure someone who is childish and immature wouldnt be able to do that.

P.S. I love my mommy and daddy .. and if you hate.. dont hate me, hate my lifestyle
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

haha x2!! I never thought that either, but I dont have a gf, i think im too young to be in a relationship.. id rather have all my fun now then settle down later, but thats IMO so dont take it in the wrong way.

To all the people that may say im childish, immature, and all that, Mommy and Daddy bought this for me because I run one(1) of their 1.1 million dollar gas stations, yes thats right $1,100,000.(typical indian with a gas station haha i know ). Im pretty sure someone who is childish and immature wouldnt be able to do that.

P.S. I love my mommy and daddy .. and if you hate.. dont hate me, hate my lifestyle
We should all be so lucky as to have come "out the gate" smoking like that! Nah, I ain't hatin' at all on someone trying to be better! Way to go boyyy!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
We should all be so lucky as to have come "out the gate" smoking like that! Nah, I ain't hatin' at all on someone trying to be better! Way to go boyyy!!
Sorry if I said it wrong, but i didnt mean to say that you were hatin. Its just people that pm me talkin crap, and people that dont know me at all talkin crap.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey man not for nothing but I was probably the guy that was told to turn the music down..... I work in NYC and theres more noises coming from everything else around me and people complain about music? I dont really pump rap because of all the cursing going on and I respect that, another thing I dont do is open my windows in residential areas or even turn the volume up. People need to mind their own business...let me go deaf in peace please =) lol hope no one gets insulted.... oh and to the guy who started this threa what does the value of the car have to do with the way people are?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jay0k
I am new to the forum as I just bought a red 2007 TL-S. I love the car!

I have enjoyed the forum and there seems to be quite the mix of people here. Just buying a $38,000 I would expect the demographic to be somewhat nice and welcome.

I just encountered a thread where someone was talking about how hard his cart beats from music and the lady next to him must be nuts for asking him to turn it down. Is this indicative of the rest of the people here? I have also seen posts that remind me of the forums I browsed years ago when folks talked about ricing out there 89 civic. "Yo looks here dawg, i llikes to beatz my music and you a punk asses dont usderstand, i gots like 10,000 watss and 450 hps under diz hood."

Someone please tell me this is a friendly place.
In my opinion the level of maturity here has gone down over the years. Further you do get these wigger punks who move up to an Acura from their former ricer mobiles and will post here as a result. Heck, I've seen some of them ricing out older TL/CL's and buzzing around with their fart can boom boxes.

My guess would be that 95% of the posters here are decent, educated, people with an interest in or love for the TL. However all it takes is a few bad apples to leave a bad taste in the barrel. If you run into these type of punks just ignore them as they are not worth your time or effort. In real life they would piss there pants if you actually got out of your car to put them in their place, but here online they can play internet tough guy to try and feel like a man.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by TL Marlin
In my opinion the level of maturity here has gone down over the years. Further you do get these wigger punks who move up to an Acura from their former ricer mobiles and will post here as a result. Heck, I've seen some of them ricing out older TL/CL's and buzzing around with their fart can boom boxes.

My guess would be that 95% of the posters here are decent, educated, people with an interest in or love for the TL. However all it takes is a few bad apples to leave a bad taste in the barrel. If you run into these type of punks just ignore them as they are not worth your time or effort. In real life they would piss there pants if you actually got out of your car to put them in their place, but here online they can play internet tough guy to try and feel like a man.

I been checking this thread out since it was started, and it has now gotten to this level? Datmrman, you gotta be kidding me! You rain on the wdp vs. nbp clean fun thread, and don't even feel the need to just jump in and pull the plug on this type of stuff?

None of this is what AZ is about! Who cares how one member feels about another? And who, dare say should be the barometer by which we are all judged? You get good and bad here, as well as with any other place/forum. If someone knows how to change a car component, or give a DIY on a mod, who cares if he's a punk or the poster boy for Fortune 500??

Forget the messenger and just get the message (you know, the reason you came here in the first place)!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Safety Car

In real life they would piss there pants if you actually got out of your car to put them in their place, but here online they can play internet tough guy to try and feel like a man.
In real life depending on where you are, a gun would get pulled on you. Because the ones pissing their pants are the ones packin. Then lets see who pisses their pants.... I know I would. (Id probably shit myself too)
Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Safety Car

BTW the red on the Type-S looks bananas!!!! I love it congrats n good luck with it
Old 05-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Safety Car

WHO HAS SEEN THE 08 ACCORD COUPE?!?!?!?!?! Im pissed honda is putting brembos front and rear on that! I hope we can swap out the rear pieces on ours with those!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

I been checking this thread out since it was started, and it has now gotten to this level? Datmrman, you gotta be kidding me! You rain on the wdp vs. nbp clean fun thread, and don't even feel the need to just jump in and pull the plug on this type of stuff?

None of this is what AZ is about! Who cares how one member feels about another? And who, dare say should be the barometer by which we are all judged? You get good and bad here, as well as with any other place/forum. If someone knows how to change a car component, or give a DIY on a mod, who cares if he's a punk or the poster boy for Fortune 500??

Forget the messenger and just get the message (you know, the reason you came here in the first place)!
Amen! Enough crying and "sensitivity"... it's getting sick.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
In real life depending on where you are, a gun would get pulled on you. Because the ones pissing their pants are the ones packin. Then lets see who pisses their pants.... I know I would. (Id probably shit myself too)
I meant figuritivly, not literally. Regardless, of course some punks are packing, and that is what makes them punks to begin with.
I carry a gun but would never think of pulling it unless my life were in REAL danger(ie not a fear of getting an a$$ whooping). So if someone follows me into a parking lot and wants to have it out with me, it wont involve a gun unless they pull one first.

My point was that punks with fart cans blaring their rap crap bass loud enough to shake the cars around it, can wind up posting here just like anyone else. You typically cannot expect them to talk like normal human beings, but rather sound like ignorant people from the Bronx or speaking ebonics of the ghetto. They somehow think it is cool to sound like that regardless of their educational level.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:31 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I meant figuritivly, not literally. Regardless, of course some punks are packing, and that is what makes them punks to begin with.
I carry a gun but would never think of pulling it unless my life were in REAL danger(ie not a fear of getting an a$$ whooping). So if someone follows me into a parking lot and wants to have it out with me, it wont involve a gun unless they pull one first.

My point was that punks with fart cans blaring their rap crap bass loud enough to shake the cars around it, can wind up posting here just like anyone else. You typically cannot expect them to talk like normal human beings, but rather sound like ignorant people from the Bronx or speaking ebonics of the ghetto. They somehow think it is cool to sound like that regardless of their educational level.
Ignorant huh? Having said that, be proud to count yourself amongst them.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Ignorant huh? Having said that, be proud to count yourself amongst them.
theres a difference between being street credibel (some slang, knowing "whats up" and being - well, idk what all the old people refer to as "hip or cool") and being trashy....
Old 05-04-2007, 05:31 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I know plenty of older, respectable people that like to listen to music like that. I do too. That doesn't mean that either of us "sound like ignorant people from the Bronx or speaking ebonics of the ghetto".

You don't sound so smart yourself
Old 05-04-2007, 07:50 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

You typically cannot expect them to talk like normal human beings, but rather sound like ignorant people from the Bronx or speaking ebonics of the ghetto. They somehow think it is cool to sound like that regardless of their educational level.
So by this definition, I'm curious, are you "a normal human"? How can you insult them, and then classify people from the Bronx and those that speak ebonics as ignorant? You know everybody in the Bronx? Have you ever been there? Have you ever lived in the "ghetto"? Ever been there? Sure you have right? They know you "UP IN DERE" right? Do you seriously think your portrayal of those people makes you sound intelligent? Or, what you perceive to be as "normal"?

Isn't it ironic that on a thread which questions the type of people on this forum, as to whether or not they are kind or not...brings out this type of hypocritical, negative garbage from someone that has NO idea what the hell he is talking about?

Let me give you a little education, since you brought that up:

Better to keep your mouth closed and have others assume you are ignorant...

THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!!!

You sir, have removed all doubt!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
...................I carry a gun but would never think of pulling it unless my life were in REAL danger(ie not a fear of getting an a$$ whooping).

And this somehow makes you feel superior??? Let's get someone from the Bronx in here and see how you feel.......

and at 29 you carry a gun why? Unless you are in law enforcement I see no reason
Old 05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Thumbs up

Amen to that my friend !!!!!!!!!! Threads like this should be locked as soon as they are created.

This one is going nowhere fast...........
Old 05-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

just to show the quality of this thread.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Instructor

I started the thread and didn't mean for it to take this direction. As a new member I was a little put off at first and wanted to know the type of people on this board. I wasn't going to waste my time if it was a "pimp / rice my ride" place.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Some of you guys like to ramble. You should consider Off Topic: Ramblings.

Closing this thread since it has served its purpose and has gone way off track.