Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2000 vs WRX, K-Swapped Integra

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM
9 mpg.

Received 306 Likes on 249 Posts
S2000 vs WRX, K-Swapped Integra

Sup guys, been a while since I've posted any kills of my own. My S2000 is stock except for the 63mm test pipe so I have no major mods at all.

2000 K-Swapped integra vs S2000.

*CLIFFS*
Integra Mods according to the owner: "K20a2 swap with Type-R 6-speed tranny with LSD. Hybrid racing swap headers. Hasport solid mounts. Stock chipped ECU. Two step launch and no rev limit. Tons of other little stuff."

Race 1: 25mph-95mph. Pretty much dead even. I had my front bumper poking out in front of his.

Race 2: 10mph-100mph. He pulled at the launch and I reeled him and ended up about a 1/2 car length ahead. He said he was shifting at 7k and needed an oil change.

Story:

A friend of mine picked up an Integra about a month and a half ago and brought it to my house to show it to me. We agreed that we'd have to get together and run eventually but weeks passed and he never hit me up so I just forgot about it. Fast forward a couple more weeks.. I was parked outside of my local AmPm with my girlfriend when someone runs up to my S2000 and says what's up. I look up and realize it's my buddy with the Integra. We make some small talk and he says "Let's run man! I've been waiting to do this!" I oblige with a smile from ear to ear and look over at my girlfriend in the passenger seat for the nod of approval. Of course she says "Go for it. And keep the top down.". At this point my excitement reaches it's breaking point. He runs across the parking lot to his integra as I back out of my parking spot. I pull up to the integra as him and my other friend get into the car. He turns it on and it sounds very tame for what it is or better yet, what it's made out to be. We pull onto the main road that's an empty 5-mile straight in the direction that we're going in. He does a quick exhibition pull to show me what's up and at this point I think to myself "Shit, he's kind of fast" but I'm excited to run none the less.

First run - 25mph-95mph starting in 1st gear. 3 honks; 1, 2, 3, Go. With cars already in Vtec we took off like a pair of wailing banshees. He's spinning his tires as I shift to 2nd gear a split second before he gets any form of traction. I manage to barely pull ahead by 1/2 a car and hold it there until we both shift into 3rd gear. I don't know what happened but as soon as he shifted into 3rd he pulled even with me again and we finished almost dead even.. I had my front bumper poking out right in front of his.

Second Run - 10mph-100mph starting in 1st gear. 3 honks again. We get moving and he begins to pull ahead immediately but as soon as I hit Vtec I stop his pull and get right next to him. Shift into 2nd gear and pull a little bit more. Perfect shift into 3rd gear and I pull about a half car on him. We shut down in 4th gear with my S2000 a ~1/2 car length ahead.

Afterwards we head back to the gas station and get out of our cars to discuss what just happened. He's a little bit shocked, not nearly as much as I am though. We agree though that we'll have to run again sometime but next time we'll be on the highway and we'll get a video.

06 WRX sedan with Exhaust vs S2000.

*CLIFFS*: We ran from 80-125mph and I shut down about a 1/2 car ahead of him because of upcoming traffic.

Story:

Was on the highway heading up north today when I noticed a blue WRX sedan following me. I kept on driving normally till we caught a long open strip of highway. At that point I put my hand out and waved him up to my car. The passenger, the driver's girlfriend I assume, looked more excited to run than the driver himself did. She gave me a thumbs up and a smile and I shouted over to them "Slow down to 80! We'll go on the three, I'll honk!" So I drop down to 3rd gear and get ready for him to signal me saying he's ready. Once I get the signal I honk three times we're off. We were seriously dead even till I shifted to 4th gear. Kept going and I began to slowly pull. I shifted one more time up to 5th and we shut down around 120-125 a 1/2 car ahead of him due to upcoming traffic. We slowed down and exchanged thumbs up and started driving normally again. Another awesome run.

Sorry for the long thread guys, I made sure to include cliffs though. . It felt great to open up the S2000 after so long. I never get anyone to play with anymore. lol
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 AM
9 mpg.

Oh btw, my top was down for all these runs. I'm 100% sure that I would've done better with my top up. It really takes a toll above 80mph.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Nice runs man. Your buddies K-swap should've definitely pulled on you. If he really was shifting at 7K I could see it being pretty even but those cars move with a K swap.

WRX runs went as expected.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by Sonnick
Nice runs man. Your buddies K-swap should've definitely pulled on you. If he really was shifting at 7K I could see it being pretty even but those cars move with a K swap.

WRX runs went as expected.
Yeah I expected him to pull on me too. He said he was short shifting at 7k though and that next time we run he'll be going all the way up to 9k in every gear. Then it'll be a whole different story. Lol. I'll make sure to get videos when we run again.