3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the S type really worth the extra money?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexH
Just answer yourself this simple question: how much did you think you would have to pay extra for any model to simply get a bigger motor, i.e BMW 325 to 330, etc.? $4000 up. And I haven't even referred to other features besides the bigger motor in the S. I didn't even think twice for $1800 or so.
THANKYOU
Old 05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also debated over an S or not before buying one at invoice last month. I believe it is well worth the extra cash despite a little stiffer ride. The red gauges, etc. are not as bothersome as originally thought.
Tying in to some previous threads, you can't compare the S to a much smaller 3 series BMW or IS350. Those are both great cars, but try and sqeeze in the back seat if you are over 4 feet tall. A better comparison is the G35 or ES 350 (though not a drivers car).
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 PM
19UUA75577A

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
ALL the searches I did in the last 1.5 years, ALL 6-speeds were priced cheaper then the auto at any used site or lot I checked out. Usually they are beat on more.
In the last 1.5 years? I'm not planning on selling mine any time soon. By the time I'm ready to sell, it'll have low mileage, and hopefully it'll be in perfect condition, plus it'll still be a 6-speed Type-S. At that time, there will be two types of people buying used TLs. The people that see one used at a dealership, like it, and buy it. And the people like me that see the value in a used car, but want something sporty, something with a manual transmission. They're the ones actively looking for my exact car, and they're willing to pay for it because they'll hard to find, every TL they see will be an automatic.

Every car is beat on, I drive my cars hard, but I don't beat on them. My cars need tires and brakes more often than most might, but I think I still take better care of them. I change the oil frequently, keep the car clean, and understand what's going on outside the cabin more than the majority of drivers. In our fast-food society, vehicles are just transportation for most people, those people don't actually care about their cars. They don't drive their cars, they ride in them.

Besides, worst case scenario, I sell my car for the same price people are getting for standard TLs or automatics, but I got the 'advantages' of driving a 6-speed TL-S for a few years.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The TL had the hp changed to 258 to take into account driveline losses. Acura pretty much "volunteered" to change their numbers, even though other mfrs. have not followed suit. From a competitive standpoint, I'm not sure it was the best move.....but it does give a more realistic number.
I believe it was mid to late 2005 that Acura reprogrammed the ECU to reduce horsepower in first and second gear. This was in response to the complaints of too much "torque steer". My personal opinion is if you can't handle the horsepower, don't buy it. Mine does not have the revised ECU, but I have driven an '06, and the difference is substantial.

'05 6MT NBP
K&N Typhoon Intake
A-Spec suspension
245/40/17 Michelin Pilot A/S's
DeBadged rear
V1 on the lookout
Old 05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carguyrob
With respect to the red interior lights...I was very against them before I purchased my TL-S.
That was not the sole reason I did not get the S type, but I know I would never have enjoyed the red lighting or gauges.
I am just surprised they do not have a choice or ability to switch from one to the other.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:12 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I bought my 2006 in April 06 for just over 32K OTD. Not sure I would have made the leap another 4K for what you get S if it was available then. 28 High RPM HP, some slick 2 tone seats, red leds, taillights, and 2 tone seats hardly seems to justify the 4K cost increase in my mind. Much of that increased cost is really in "moniker" alone. Plus there are some drawbacks... The lower fogs are not attractive, the red led are debateable, and the ANC has to be removed defeated to add a subwoofer. Good thing you paid extra for that!

The TL and TL-S both need a dlower suspension and new wheels to look right, and the A-spec body kit for both to eb king. Both need a dom's unit to get DVD on the Nav, and it's about $90 to add the reverse camera to a non equipped TL...

Almost all the mods that I've done a new TL-S owners is going to have to do too, compounding your costs.

Now that I have one of the last Comptech SC's available, and it only fits the 04-06 model year, I couldn't be happier. For the OTD price of the 2007 TL-S I have a modded and hot rodded 2006 TL that will stomp a TL-S. 320HP > 286HP

Unless you're married to a 2007 model for the new electronic widgets (XM Navtraffic, and mp3 ability, phonebook for a LIMITED number of phones), I'd snap up a SC and a 2006 TL 6MT. You could do both for under 30K, leaving another $5-6K for rims, suspension, A/V mods, and whatever else you desired... plus some gas money.

SPAW1 - Where's you get your information? Not sure Acura volunteered anything on those ratings.
2. The torque steer programming is defeated with VSA off, I think it's a great move for a FWD car to have this. There's not too many of us out there can "handle the horsepower", otherwise we wouldn't need airbags and seatbelts. Controlling torque steer is pretty much impossible unless you practice it, regularly, which none of us do... and it doesn't impair in any way day to day driving. You wanna track day, turn off VSA and have fun.

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
The TL had the hp changed to 258 to take into account driveline losses. Acura pretty much "volunteered" to change their numbers, even though other mfrs. have not followed suit. From a competitive standpoint, I'm not sure it was the best move.....but it does give a more realistic number.
I believe it was mid to late 2005 that Acura reprogrammed the ECU to reduce horsepower in first and second gear. This was in response to the complaints of too much "torque steer". My personal opinion is if you can't handle the horsepower, don't buy it. Mine does not have the revised ECU, but I have driven an '06, and the difference is substantial.

'05 6MT NBP
K&N Typhoon Intake
A-Spec suspension
245/40/17 Michelin Pilot A/S's
DeBadged rear
V1 on the lookout
Old 05-04-2007, 05:31 PM
04-6spTL

Cmooon....

Originally Posted by ggesq
many folks here are picking up the S for around invoice 35k. pretty good value.
word... that is cheaper than I thought... but reading down this thread, you have ppl chiming in and saying the difference is 2k over the regular TL CMON! - you guys are comparing the "what i paid" price to the "sticker" price of a regular TL... let's be fair here... u can get a regular TL for much MUCH less than 33k... so let's be fair and admit the price difference is more than $2k. if u wanna be real, we're talking more of a $6k+ difference.

for those of u saying "well I get more engine for that $6k" well yes u do. u get 28 more horse and 23 more torque. but is that worth $6k? i say no..

..."but wait u dont just get the bigger engine... you get the suspension blah blah blah" - ya thats all good but like I said, in my opinion, the suspension was just stiffer... with no improvement over my '04 stock TL in terms of performance/handling...

I dunno fellas, I'm not a TL-s basher or anything... but I can think of better ways to spend that $6k... shoot, take a little chunk of that dough, buy some basic upgrades and bring it up to TL-S HP/Torque... and use the rest of ur money to take a vacation, save up, or whatever.... thas my
Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Originally Posted by cshakari
word... that is cheaper than I thought... but reading down this thread, you have ppl chiming in and saying the difference is 2k over the regular TL CMON! - you guys are comparing the "what i paid" price to the "sticker" price of a regular TL... let's be fair here... u can get a regular TL for much MUCH less than 33k... so let's be fair and admit the price difference is more than $2k. if u wanna be real, we're talking more of a $6k+ difference.

for those of u saying "well I get more engine for that $6k" well yes u do. u get 28 more horse and 23 more torque. but is that worth $6k? i say no..

..."but wait u dont just get the bigger engine... you get the suspension blah blah blah" - ya thats all good but like I said, in my opinion, the suspension was just stiffer... with no improvement over my '04 stock TL in terms of performance/handling...

I dunno fellas, I'm not a TL-s basher or anything... but I can think of better ways to spend that $6k... shoot, take a little chunk of that dough, buy some basic upgrades and bring it up to TL-S HP/Torque... and use the rest of ur money to take a vacation, save up, or whatever.... thas my
well, if you want to get that technical- take the highest stock sticker price of a TL-S 38,625 and the lowest stock TL 33,625 and the difference is 4700- not quite 6k.

** price is not including destination.

so for the extra 4700 you get the extra hp, torque, manual tranny (if that's your cup o' tea), S badging, NAVI, exhaust, S seats, S steering wheel. To each their own.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:59 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

well, if you want to get that technical- take the highest stock sticker price of a TL-S 38,625 and the lowest stock TL 33,625 and the difference is 4700- not quite 6k.

** price is not including destination.

so for the extra 4700 you get the extra hp, torque, manual tranny (if that's your cup o' tea), S badging, NAVI, exhaust, S seats, S steering wheel. To each their own.
That's not a good comparison... The TL-S is a premium line, where the base TL is not. Comparing MSRPs doesn't work as the TL-S has traditionally sold closer to MSRP, where the base will traditionally sell for closer to invoice or lower, thus widening the price gap.

I agree with chshakari. Noone here will pay MSRP for a Base TL. Invoice will be the MOST anyone should pay if they know how to shop a car. Comparing invoice prices there's over $4K in price difference, and IMO there's not enough there in the TL-S to command that price increase.

Besides, for $36-8K, you can get get a 2006 RL if you shop right... which is in a totally differnet league.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
If you can get 36K for the type S, I would say it's definitely worth it. The TL-s comes with navi standard, 30 more HP, bigger engine, and better driving responsiveness.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
TL SL ML :)

Kennedy the TL-S would still look better then a TL + SC

I'd rather pay the extra money for the S and get a SC on it
Old 05-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Kennedy
That's not a good comparison... The TL-S is a premium line, where the base TL is not. Comparing MSRPs doesn't work as the TL-S has traditionally sold closer to MSRP, where the base will traditionally sell for closer to invoice or lower, thus widening the price gap.

I agree with chshakari. Noone here will pay MSRP for a Base TL. Invoice will be the MOST anyone should pay if they know how to shop a car. Comparing invoice prices there's over $4K in price difference, and IMO there's not enough there in the TL-S to command that price increase.

Besides, for $36-8K, you can get get a 2006 RL if you shop right... which is in a totally differnet league.
then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. msrp vs. msrp is not a good comparison? i think it's the most reasonable comparison considering folks in different parts of the country will pay different amounts based on competition, dealer allocation, etc. cshakari discussed msrp so i responded with the only constant variable in this whole equation msrp vs. msrp.

do a search on this site and on others- i can use one hand to count the people who paid sticker for either model be it base or the TL-S. for those that paid sticker they probably did so in the first month of the S's introduction but then again folks who bought the 07 base probably paid sticker too because dealers were milking it for as long as they could while 06's were still on the lot.

i can respect your opinion or anybody else's opinion on whether the price difference is worth it or not to upgrade but i respectfully disagree. no biggy.

for 36-38k- you might get a slightly used 06 RL.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:36 PM
04-6spTL

Originally Posted by JAB00
If you can get 36K for the type S, I would say it's definitely worth it. The TL-s comes with navi standard, 30 more HP, bigger engine, and better driving responsiveness.
i guess thats where i disagree... "driving responsiveness." Drove it for 2 days, didnt see this responsiveness u speak of... just a bumpier ride... like i said earlier; perhaps this was because of the shitty stock tires they put on these cars, but it handled worse than my 04 (on allseason potenzas).

navi is sweat though love the backup camera too...

Worth the $6k-$7k? nah, not to me.

My kneejerk/gut reaction when I drove the '07 (auto) TL-S was "meh, this is what the stock TL (auto) should be." Performance wise, I mean. Perhaps its in the transmission... its shifts like an old man - and that truly masks what that engine can really do

the 6MT type S, well thats another story - im sure that thing hauls ass.

still not worth that extra dough though (-cmon u know i had to say it again )
Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 PM
04-6spTL

.... ur talking about the RL like its the next logical step in some progression lol. "Well I could just go to the RL and be done with it." haha.

isnt the RL a different beast, different market, etc... altogether?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Here is my take: When I was shopping for the TL in late '06, my mind was set for an '06 as I was offered $28200-28500 for the TL. I can't remember how much that was from sticker. The color choice was limited. Sitting next to the '06 were '07 TLs. I thought I could get that for about $31000 or so. The cosmetic changes were minor but enough to dissuade me from the '06 such as the front fascia, rear bumper, and the blinker light on the mirror. Then there was the mechanical change such as the new transmission. And then I thought, the discount on an '06 is quite good, but it's already 1 year old in a few months.

While negotiating on the TL, the Type S was in the showroom. Its sticker is about $1800 higher than the TL-Nav. Hm....For an extra $1800 (I paid $35600 including $400 in accessories), I can get the S. In sum, the difference in price between an S (loaded) and a regular 07 TL after negotiation is about $4600 not including the accessories. That's $100 bucks extra in payments per month for 60 months. Would I have been happy with the TL? Of course! Would I have been happier everyday with the TypeS? You betcha. This is about same price as what I paid for my 2000 323i back then but a lot more fun, features and look.

BTW, the TL won't turn as many heads as an S.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:59 PM
04-6spTL

While negotiating on the TL, the Type S was in the showroom. Its sticker is about $1800 higher than the TL-Nav. Hm....For an extra $1800 (I paid $35600 including $400 in accessories), I can get the S. In sum, the difference in price between an S (loaded) and a regular 07 TL after negotiation is about $4600 not including the accessories. That's $100 bucks extra in payments per month for 60 months. Would I have been happy with the TL? Of course! Would I have been happier everyday with the TypeS? You betcha. This is about same price as what I paid for my 2000 323i back then but a lot more fun, features and look.

BTW, the TL won't turn as many heads as an S.
Ah yes, the infamous sticker game... "why, just take a look at the sticker price my friend... look at that, for that difference, you could get the TL-S. and they look much sharper-you will turn heads my friend, and you will get all the chicas [my sales guy was hispanic - LOL]" - sound familiar? hehe, yep yep yep. gotta love those smooth talking sales guys.

and dont kid yourself, your average person will not be like "oh snap, did u see that TL-S" they will look at it and think "oh. another acura TL." maybe if they look closer they they'll be like "oooh, he put on an exhaust and bought some modded out tailights - neat!"

ok maybe thats a bit harsh, but u get my drift...

...and $100 extra a month is nothin to sneeze at my friend. I mean not all of us are ballers - heh
Old 05-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
This thread is getting out of hand IMO. The TL-S is TOTALLY WORTH EVERY EXTRA CENT!!! PERIOD!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cshakari
Ah yes, the infamous sticker game... "why, just take a look at the sticker price my friend... look at that, for that difference, you could get the TL-S. and they look much sharper-you will turn heads my friend, and you will get all the chicas [my sales guy was hispanic - LOL]" - sound familiar? hehe, yep yep yep. gotta love those smooth talking sales guys.

and dont kid yourself, your average person will not be like "oh snap, did u see that TL-S" they will look at it and think "oh. another acura TL." maybe if they look closer they they'll be like "oooh, he put on an exhaust and bought some modded out tailights - neat!"

ok maybe thats a bit harsh, but u get my drift...

...and $100 extra a month is nothin to sneeze at my friend. I mean not all of us are ballers - heh
I think the Honda Accord is meant for you.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:14 PM
04-6spTL

I think the Honda Accord is meant for you.
hehe im not thaaaat cheap. i do have a TL, albeit a used one - '04. its good to be an educated shopper, though. even if you are shopping for a TL not an accord or a camry.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:14 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, time for me to put my in...

In November of 06 when I bought my car, I considered the 07 TL-S, especially since my car at the time was an 03 TL-S. But I am sure that you all remember Acura being reluctant to budge at all on the price, seeing as how it's TL was overwhelmingly popular, and there was no need to cut the price on what was considered to be an improvement "under the hood" on the new TL-S.

So I figured, why spend all of that on that car, when the model change will be forthcoming in 09? Not to mention the differences in equipment were too subtle to scream "BUY ME"! So yeah, the incredible year end savings of the 06 dictated the cash flow that day for sure! Why pay so much more when I get only a little more in return? When and how often will I be able to unleash the horses under the hood to negate that extra spending? Not a lot! So I said no, I'll just have a cheaper note for now and come back when they make the big change in 2010!! Different tranny and design are worth the while, and the wait (or so projected)!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:24 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

The 6MT transmission wasn't upgraded form 2006-2007... They're the exact same, there's not "upgrade" there. They only upgraded the auto.

Alex, If you had a 2007 Base for 31000, yet you we're swayed to a TL-S for 35,900, how does that = 1800 difference?

cshakari, every "what will the 4th gen have" post I've ever read requests 2 things, SH-AWD and 300 HP. The RL has both, and it's absolutley ther next step int he progression if you want that drivetrain. My honest opinion is that if RL sales don't pickup, the TL will become the RL. It's truly a superior car (read neuronbob's review), and you can have one for the same price as the TL-S if you know how to shop.

blazinginder... you're kidding right? They're the same car. You can a subtle grill change and some new head and tail lights (which I have the tails). How will that S look so much better that the base TL, when EVERYONE who see's the two won't be able to discriminate, unless they went to AZ 3rd gen school. You'll only be able to judge by the back of my TL, cause that's all you'll see...
Oh, and sorry. There is no SC for the TL-S, and the company that made the SC for the TL is now out of business. No more SC's, and definately no more RD to make that mutha fit the 3.5L engine.

My final point, is that for under $1K, I added many of the features to my 2006 that the S has (tails, DVD, backup camera, plus some extra stuff). For another $4k I added all the features that make my 2006 the king of the road and I couldn't be happier, and I still have less than most here are pating OTD on a bone stock TL-S...
Old 05-05-2007, 09:29 AM

To each their own...TL-S is definitely worth 2k more, you said it yourself, it cost you 1k to add some features of the S on your 06...now if you add the brakes, wheels, signals on the mirrors it will come out to more then 2k...I'm happy paying 2k for something that hasn't flooded the streets like the normal TL.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:11 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by blazinginder
I'm happy paying 2k for something that hasn't flooded the streets like the normal TL.
I think it's a nice car for those that got it. I just couldn't see paying that much extra (and it was more than $2K at Rosenthal in difference). But you will see the flooding as we get closer to 09 my friend! Yup! That price is gonna come down when the rumors of the "new sheriff" hit the streets!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:27 AM

Yea...but at least ill have 15-18months before I see the S get "old"
Old 05-05-2007, 10:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Yea...but at least ill have 15-18months before I see the S get "old"
Not a bad ride for a 90-yr old dude! LOL! I love the NBP TL-S Blaze! Hell, I love NBP, you know how I am!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:16 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

To each their own...TL-S is definitely worth 2k more, you said it yourself, it cost you 1k to add some features of the S on your 06...now if you add the brakes, wheels, signals on the mirrors it will come out to more then 2k...I'm happy paying 2k for something that hasn't flooded the streets like the normal TL.
No, you missed all my points.
First, we've clearly shown the price differential to be $4K at a minimum, not 2K. 2K is the difference between the current street price (near invoice) of a TL-S $36K, and MSRP of a Base TL $34K. Anyone who pays MSRP for a car has no idea how to shop, and a Base TL with Nav can be had for $32K.

The $1K I invested in "missing features" also got me additional features the S doesn't have. Multiple AV sources (Ipod, Mediagate, PS2 and DVD, with TV Tuner) are all now installed, with a reverse camera. Any TL-S driver who wants video control has to buy this stuff too...
A for your other "features":

- I have a 2006 6MT, I have the brakes, and the exact same tranny as the TL-S 6mt...

- Everyone knows the wheels blow, and you need something aftermarket, in a 19 to look good, no advantage there. Most bag out of those as quick as possible. I see lots of RonJon's out there.

- Suspension is 4x4 on both. Both need A-Spec or lower and requires yet more investment... I have Tein SS.

- Not a fan of signal on the mirrors, but if I was, it's a $300 mod, I don;t consider that an advatage... NBD whoop te do.

- I am a fan of the 2 tone silver/black interior, but not 2-3K worth.

I understand the TL-S'ers justifying thier investment, but it's just not there for me. I think it's a much better deal to get a non S, and use the extra cash to build your TL into really something special. Now you have a TL-S that is CURRENTLY flooding the streets, and you're gonna have $40K plus into it in no time... and what could you have had with that instead?

Have fun guys, this thread is about opinions. and we all know, opinions are like assholes, we all have one and they all stink.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Instructor

i just bought my 06 TL in January and it would be pointless upgrading to wrong wheel car for extra money now i hate the torque steer in TL and my next car WILL be a RWD

Old 05-05-2007, 03:03 PM

darksom1...FTR I'm no where near 90 haha

kennedy....

invoice on 07 TL auto w/navi = 33,807
invoice on 07 TL-S auto = $35,638.00

Difference in price = just less then 2k
Old 05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

No, you missed all my points.
First, we've clearly shown the price differential to be $4K at a minimum, not 2K. 2K is the difference between the current street price (near invoice) of a TL-S $36K, and MSRP of a Base TL $34K. Anyone who pays MSRP for a car has no idea how to shop, and a Base TL with Nav can be had for $32K.

The $1K I invested in "missing features" also got me additional features the S doesn't have. Multiple AV sources (Ipod, Mediagate, PS2 and DVD, with TV Tuner) are all now installed, with a reverse camera. Any TL-S driver who wants video control has to buy this stuff too...
A for your other "features":

- I have a 2006 6MT, I have the brakes, and the exact same tranny as the TL-S 6mt...

- Everyone knows the wheels blow, and you need something aftermarket, in a 19 to look good, no advantage there. Most bag out of those as quick as possible. I see lots of RonJon's out there.

- Suspension is 4x4 on both. Both need A-Spec or lower and requires yet more investment... I have Tein SS.

- Not a fan of signal on the mirrors, but if I was, it's a $300 mod, I don;t consider that an advatage... NBD whoop te do.

- I am a fan of the 2 tone silver/black interior, but not 2-3K worth.

I understand the TL-S'ers justifying thier investment, but it's just not there for me. I think it's a much better deal to get a non S, and use the extra cash to build your TL into really something special. Now you have a TL-S that is CURRENTLY flooding the streets, and you're gonna have $40K plus into it in no time... and what could you have had with that instead?

Have fun guys, this thread is about opinions. and we all know, opinions are like assholes, we all have one and they all stink.
^^^ thanks for taking the time to look that up.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:56 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,294 Likes on 2,649 Posts
The 2007 6MT clutch was redesigned for a more positive enagement/disengagement using spring mechanism so the 6MT for 2007 is different from the 2004-2006 6MT's

The MSRP difference in cost between a 2007 TL w/Nav and the TL-S (Nav is standard) is only $2K.

Check out the info at www.hondanews.com

The 6MT transmission wasn't upgraded form 2006-2007... They're the exact same, there's not "upgrade" there. They only upgraded the auto.

Alex, If you had a 2007 Base for 31000, yet you we're swayed to a TL-S for 35,900, how does that = 1800 difference?

cshakari, every "what will the 4th gen have" post I've ever read requests 2 things, SH-AWD and 300 HP. The RL has both, and it's absolutley ther next step int he progression if you want that drivetrain. My honest opinion is that if RL sales don't pickup, the TL will become the RL. It's truly a superior car (read neuronbob's review), and you can have one for the same price as the TL-S if you know how to shop.

blazinginder... you're kidding right? They're the same car. You can a subtle grill change and some new head and tail lights (which I have the tails). How will that S look so much better that the base TL, when EVERYONE who see's the two won't be able to discriminate, unless they went to AZ 3rd gen school. You'll only be able to judge by the back of my TL, cause that's all you'll see...
Oh, and sorry. There is no SC for the TL-S, and the company that made the SC for the TL is now out of business. No more SC's, and definately no more RD to make that mutha fit the 3.5L engine.

My final point, is that for under $1K, I added many of the features to my 2006 that the S has (tails, DVD, backup camera, plus some extra stuff). For another $4k I added all the features that make my 2006 the king of the road and I couldn't be happier, and I still have less than most here are pating OTD on a bone stock TL-S...
Old 05-05-2007, 05:01 PM
04-6spTL

and in truth the price difference is much more than $4k - TLs are a commodity and u can get a sick ass deal on a base which can bring that price difference up to $6k easily...

I can walk into Acura of Boston and get a base TL for $29k-$30k

im tired of people sayin $2k price difference. its not; deal with it.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:02 PM
AZ Community Team

As typical we all have our opinions on the TL-S. I saw one today, NBP w/6MT all stock in a parking lot today. IMO, it's one sharp looking TL even with the stock wheels.

If the stock 6MT was still offered not sure if I would have gone for the TL-S for $4K more since I'm not interested in the Nav, but still it's a typical nice Honda/Acura Type-S upgrade for effectively $2k more.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:06 PM

HOW IS IT 4K DIFFERENCE ?????

invoice TL-S - invoice TL navi
do the math 356xx-338xx = $17xx
Old 05-05-2007, 05:08 PM
AZ Community Team

If you DIDN'T want Nav it is $4K more, since Nav is standard.
If were already getting Nav it's only $2K more.

HOW IS IT 4K DIFFERENCE ?????

invoice TL-S - invoice TL navi
do the math 356xx-338xx = $17xx
Old 05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Senior Moderator

there is no way any one is getting a new TL ( today) for 2k UNDER invoice- period.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:43 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Old 05-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
there is no way any one is getting a new TL ( today) for 2k UNDER invoice- period.
That's what I'm thinking. There is NOO way you can get a brand new 07 TLP for $29k. Show me proof and I'll buy one out of state right now.