Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolling Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Rolling Fenders

Hello, I did a search b4 starting this. I would like to know where to have this done? I live close to Chicago. IL. I have called around with no results. Thankyou very much
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone told me that there is a shop around AMS that does it...I forgot the name of the place, but i know that they do alot of work on 240sx's....If you find out, let me know cause i want to get this done also
Old 05-14-2007, 03:49 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
It's a body shop thing... Call the best body shops in the area and you'll find one.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Safety Car

Very nice, thanks. I won't need it done now. I cancelled my Tein coilovers, TOO pissed off with all the shit with offsets, fit, size, clearance, where to get, rolling wheelwells, overwhelming to me. ALL I want is a real answer. I have e-mailed MACKIN IND several times. I want a FACT on the proper offset, pad A,B,C ? I DON'T WANT pad "A" with +36 offset and 19x8.5 wheels. TOO close to fender. It would be flush with my front fender and 1/4" in on the rear. THATS why I cancelled the TEIN coilovers!!! I have asked a MILLION questions here and made MANY calls, and MANY e-mails with A TON of diff answers. HOW can I pay $3500 and wait who knows how long, to have something that either doesn't fit, OR looks like shit, OR rubs and hits my NEW fenders. NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I fell ya man. BTW, I just got my Koni and Eiback springs installed. First impresion was lol too harsh and it got me thinking and I realized that I did not set the damping position correctly. What I did wrong was I did 1 full turn frond and rear but from where Koni had it from the box. What I was supposed to do was to go all the way to the softest position and then make this 1 ful turn. I did it and WOW amaizing. What a change. Now, I'm trying 1 full turn the front and 0.5 turn the rear and it rides pretty well.
About how low it is, people were saying that Eiback tends to be lower in the back, well NO Sir. What I have is exact 1 finger in the front and 1 lose finger in the back. I would say don't go more than 1" drop espacially here in Chicago.
One more thing JD TL -S, why did want to go with Tein basic in the first place? You would not go any lower no more than 1.5"? The basics u can't adjust the damping, and since u would not adjust the height either, go with Kony. Find your lowest position that u like and adjust the damping. That's why I went with Kony. I like the drop and I wouldn't make any change, but boy I adjust the damping like crazy.
Tim
Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by JD TL-S
Very nice, thanks. I won't need it done now. I cancelled my Tein coilovers, TOO pissed off with all the shit with offsets, fit, size, clearance, where to get, rolling wheelwells, overwhelming to me. ALL I want is a real answer. I have e-mailed MACKIN IND several times. I want a FACT on the proper offset, pad A,B,C ? I DON'T WANT pad "A" with +36 offset and 19x8.5 wheels. TOO close to fender. It would be flush with my front fender and 1/4" in on the rear. THATS why I cancelled the TEIN coilovers!!! I have asked a MILLION questions here and made MANY calls, and MANY e-mails with A TON of diff answers. HOW can I pay $3500 and wait who knows how long, to have something that either doesn't fit, OR looks like shit, OR rubs and hits my NEW fenders. NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude you are wearing me out. you wont get a FACT, unless someone has actually done it before.

Thats what this is all about. You are putting after market parts on your car. Some you have to research.

This shit doenst happen over night. Take your time and quit asking so many damn questions
Old 05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by JD TL-S

I give up...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Safety Car

You are saying when I call somebody that sells these wheels I can't get facts? I called several STORES that sell these wheels and get DIFF answers. I take all the info from you guys and call around. I am using this forum as a guide, not for fact. The people selling them should be able to give you a real answer. And when several diff STORES give me diff answers thats a good reason to get pissed. Go ahead and give up. Thanks very much for helping. I am not ordering something when they all tell me different FACTS.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tihomirbg
I fell ya man. BTW, I just got my Koni and Eiback springs installed. First impresion was lol too harsh and it got me thinking and I realized that I did not set the damping position correctly. What I did wrong was I did 1 full turn frond and rear but from where Koni had it from the box. What I was supposed to do was to go all the way to the softest position and then make this 1 ful turn. I did it and WOW amaizing. What a change. Now, I'm trying 1 full turn the front and 0.5 turn the rear and it rides pretty well.
About how low it is, people were saying that Eiback tends to be lower in the back, well NO Sir. What I have is exact 1 finger in the front and 1 lose finger in the back. I would say don't go more than 1" drop espacially here in Chicago.
One more thing JD TL -S, why did want to go with Tein basic in the first place? You would not go any lower no more than 1.5"? The basics u can't adjust the damping, and since u would not adjust the height either, go with Kony. Find your lowest position that u like and adjust the damping. That's why I went with Kony. I like the drop and I wouldn't make any change, but boy I adjust the damping like crazy.
Tim
Thanks alot for letting me know. Years ago I put Koni-Gas-Adjust on my Firebird WS-6 and it handled like a Ferrari. I did like them alot. I am putting any thought about lowering in the trash can for now. I am going 100% to the phone for getting the answers I want on wheels. I guess I will call 20 places and whatever the most POPULAR answer is, I will go with that. Unless the offset and added wheel width get too close to my fender. Thats why Teins are NO-MORE. I am not rolling my wheelwells. Just too many things JUST to get wheels. All I wanted to do was to lower my car 1" and get some rims. BUT I was told so many diff opinions. AND SOME OF THESE OPINIONS WERE FACTS TO THAT PERSON. I WON'T quote anybody, but forget any lowering for now. I just hope when I call STORES that sell these wheels I get answers not opinions. FACTS ARE FACTS. NUMBERS ARE ABSOLUTES, NOT ESTIMATIONS! Take it easy and thanks TIM
Old 05-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check out websites or just stores in the chicagoland area? I bought my wheels from d2autosport.com, I know they are not Volks, but when I was ordering them, I did not tell them what offset I wanted.... I just told them what size I wanted and that I wanted them sitting flush with the fenders( my rear are 19x10)...They figured out the offset

Why dont you check them out? They have awesome customer service and you can tell them specifically what you want and they will try to fulfill that...Dont worry man, dont make your life hard with little things like this...

now me, on the other hand is I got to study for finals and Im not doing so hot in one of my classes, so I got to be worried about something...if Im not, my dad is going to kill me.... oh man, why cant Calculus be much easier
Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by shayan
Did you check out websites or just stores in the chicagoland area? I bought my wheels from d2autosport.com, I know they are not Volks, but when I was ordering them, I did not tell them what offset I wanted.... I just told them what size I wanted and that I wanted them sitting flush with the fenders( my rear are 19x10)...They figured out the offset

Why dont you check them out? They have awesome customer service and you can tell them specifically what you want and they will try to fulfill that...Dont worry man, dont make your life hard with little things like this...

now me, on the other hand is I got to study for finals and Im not doing so hot in one of my classes, so I got to be worried about something...if Im not, my dad is going to kill me.... oh man, why cant Calculus be much easier
YAH. I understand Calculus, miss 1 class and your FCK'D. Good Luck. I have had a terrible year in my personal life and at work! THE WORST And all this shit to just get wheels for a car a shouldn't of bought anyway is getting me IRATE. Especially when I spoke to SEVERAL people at stores who sell the same wheel giving me diff answers. And yes, I have called all over the USA. Chicago has squat for wheels Chicago doesn't have anything Except NAZI COPS. Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated