AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Rolled Over My 2008 TL. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rolled-over-my-2008-tl-726163/)

BLACKURA_NY 05-14-2009 12:25 AM

wow... i'll tell you....reading this thread, and all these links and pictures... got me thinking twice about when i open up the throttle.

im responsible, but do love a spirited drive here and there....i guess i really need to knock it off too.... getting too old for this shit..

that 350Z story, was pretty sad... old lady died... for nothing...because some folks gave their dumbass 17 year old a 350z.... and now their son is dead...

Im happy my first car was a 1992 explorer with 200,000 miles on it... i wasnt street racing in that thing!!! i will NEVER buy my kid a fast car when they're in high school

BLACKURA_NY 05-14-2009 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10897354)
:IBFStylezzzpurchasdaesalvage350zthatwillbreakinto 2at85mphuphillomg:

:rofl: :pofl: :werd:

thats hilarious

Originally Posted by tmnhs81 (Post 10897369)
For $5.5K that Z is not bad.

it really is a sweet deal... GREAT project car ....

LTxArucAx60 05-14-2009 12:29 AM

Goodness blackura, that link... i looked till the brains on the pavement part and after that there was a warning saying her head......I stopped. Yikes!

greco9885 05-14-2009 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY (Post 10897456)
it really is a sweet deal... GREAT project car ....

definitely is, once you get rid of that sorry excuse for a tranny

ladiesman217 05-14-2009 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY (Post 10897446)
i will NEVER buy my kid a fast car when they're in high school

amen

nfnsquared 05-14-2009 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10897041)
I'm such an asshole...

I found him:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/423367

Hmmm. Now I'm confused. Is he from Texas or California? I'm guessing it's Cali since he's now removed "Modesto area" and his age from his signature on this forum. Also, it's hard to tell, but the license plate in the second picture looks like a Cali plate. There also is a 7 year age difference between his info on that forum and what he used to list his age here as.

AnthraciteAspec 05-14-2009 04:09 AM

lol nice work Majofo, and it seems as though timmahh already owned him pretty good over there :rofl:

CarrieLynn 05-14-2009 07:18 AM

ok so who posted on nicoclub.com yesterday bc some of the posts got deleted....I couldn't help but post a link to this thread up for them though so we will see if that gets deleted lol

6spdtl-s 05-14-2009 08:13 AM

LMAO....this thread just got epic with Majofo found him on NICO and now people are calling him out over there. Looks like his forum life is over.....

TLNY04 05-14-2009 09:21 AM

:screwy:

Shalooby 05-14-2009 09:33 AM

Google his user name.

Majofo 05-14-2009 10:03 AM

Well I found his myspace & facebook page.. I'm not going to post it but I will post this screen cap of his about me. He's a sharp looking kid and I'm sure he has a lot of people that care about him but damn.. that ready to die in a fiery car wreck attitude is not cool.. This guy needs to mature quick otherwise he might not see 22 and might take out innocent people as well.. sad.

To the OP - Gary.. I lost my best friend while I was in High School. He was the same age as you and a real cool guy. He wrecked his two previous cars, a hyundai (crashed into wall driving wrecklessly while filming a student film) and an integra (sharp turn that put him on two wheels and flipped his car). His mom bought him a new Jeep for his 20th birthday. I moved away when he died but what I do know is he got behind the wheel after his girlfriend had refused his marriage proposal, she wanted to live it up and party instead. The police say he was going too fast downhill and lost control going over the hill. He left a lot people empty inside.. wise up otherwise you'll hurt a lot more people than just yourself.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2160/...05f87be3_o.jpg

ankur914 05-14-2009 10:16 AM

Majofo - you sir, scare me, lol j/k

Seriously thou, good words. :thumbsup:

wise up otherwise you'll hurt a lot more people than just yourself.
And sorry about your loss with your friend.

CarrieLynn 05-14-2009 10:27 AM

Majofo, you are funny as hell....this is like crazy stalker shit but I like it :thumbsup:

I am actually starting to feel bad for contributing to this....

Majofo 05-14-2009 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ankur914 (Post 10898314)
Majofo - you sir, scare me, lol j/k

Seriously thou, good words. :thumbsup:

And sorry about your loss with your friend.

I can tell you where he works as well.. want a phone number? lol.. I don't mean to harm anyone or put anyone out for a stoning or ridicule but this guy looks like a good kid.. very artistic, into cars, tats, ladies, a bit emo, but still looks like a good kid.

If you check out those posts of the two 350Z's I put up.. both of those fatal accidents were 18-21 y.o.'s going too fast.. the last one the Z was ripped in half and in the first one the engine is found like 100 yrds from the wreck..

My buddy was a good guy, he'd get you rolling. He was raised by his mom and she loved him dearly. We lived in the same apartment complex and I'd catch a ride with him to school almost everyday. I couldn't even muster the courage to face his mom again after his death when I went back to visit.. it's been so long.. but the loss is still great. R.I.P. Anthony "Anton" Leslie.

lusid 05-14-2009 10:30 AM

male to male stalker.

I'm scared!

Majofo 05-14-2009 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by lusid (Post 10898365)
male to male stalker.

I'm scared!

:pervert: - you're next!

CarrieLynn 05-14-2009 10:33 AM

Majofo, I am very sorry about the loss of your friend. I lost one of my best friends in a car accident as well so I know it is hard.......very very sad.

IBFStyles 05-14-2009 10:39 AM

I suppose it's about time for me to come back and start the fire again?

This accident occured quite awhile ago all is settled, and I'm kinda shocked to see the reactions. Maybe I did sound ungrateful to be alive who knows? Bottom line is I simply wanted to share my experience, along with a little sarcasm and a handful of 30+ men who are jealous of a 20 year old self-employed boy that can actually "AFFORD" his own TL decided to take this whole thing the wrong way.

I said in the beginning yea I messed up. I thought I had control of this damn car but obviously not. I was lucky in every way imaginable, but stoning someone on a forum is not getting a point across. Especially when it becomes a stalking experience... This is really sad.

And yea Bearcat I'm "explaining" myself.

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10898352)
I can tell you where he works as well.. want a phone number? lol.. I don't mean to harm anyone or put anyone out for a stoning or ridicule but this guy looks like a good kid.. very artistic, into cars, tats, ladies, a bit emo, but still looks like a good kid.

If you check out those posts of the two 350Z's I put up.. both of those fatal accidents were 18-21 y.o.'s going too fast.. the last one the Z was ripped in half and in the first one the engine is found like 100 yrds from the wreck..

My buddy was a good guy, he'd get you rolling. He was raised by his mom and she loved him dearly. We lived in the same apartment complex and I'd catch a ride with him to school almost everyday. I couldn't even muster the courage to face his mom again after his death when I went back to visit.. it's been so long.. but the loss is still great. R.I.P. Anthony "Anton" Leslie.

CarrieLynn 05-14-2009 10:43 AM

:lame:

lusid 05-14-2009 10:51 AM

this thread doesn't deliver

ankur914 05-14-2009 10:53 AM

Just throwing this out there...

IBFStyles, you stated that this happened a while ago, so i assume that you have learned from your mistakes. Its hard to believe that you did not have an epiphone of any kind flipping 4 times, looking at your totaled car, and then viewing your injuries in light of the entire situation

Based on your responses, i think you have reached that stage where you are simply "laughing" at an otherwise horrible mistake? (You know...something bad happens today, but like a year from now you can "laugh" at it...)

Regardless, all we hope is that you have learned a valuable lesson. We ALL have worn the invincibility cloak when we were youunger doing dumb things such as jumping off of swings onto a concrete pavement as children, doing "dangerous" bike tricks as preteens, and driving fast as teens. We just dont want some sort of tragedy have to happen so that remove that false invincibility cloak.

PS - no one here is jealous of you having the ability of purchasing a TL. If anything, good for yoU! :thumbsup:

Majofo 05-14-2009 10:57 AM

We're not trying to kill your online identity or stone you but maybe shake the shit out of you to wise up. Going 85+ isn't worth it.. take it easy.. especially now that you have a Z. I suggest taking your car to the track / autocross meet to truly know your vehicle's limits but keep it off the street by all means. Opening it up on the highway or having a little fun through the twisties is one thing but going 85-100+ is inherently dangerous.. something is bound to go bad, real bad.. luckily for your experience you walked away and no one was hurt.

20 y.o. who can afford to pay for an '08 TL sounds like you're on the right track. I hope you are continuing your education though. The short money now may not be guaranteed to grow unless you get an education. For your sake and for all of us.. drive safe.

timmahh 05-14-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10898405)

This accident occured quite awhile ago all is settled, and I'm kinda shocked to see the reactions. Maybe I did sound ungrateful to be alive who knows? Bottom line is I simply wanted to share my experience, along with a little sarcasm and a handful of 30+ men who are jealous of a 20 year old self-employed boy that can actually "AFFORD" his own TL decided to take this whole thing the wrong way.

I said in the beginning yea I messed up. I thought I had control of this damn car but obviously not. I was lucky in every way imaginable, but stoning someone on a forum is not getting a point across. Especially when it becomes a stalking experience... This is really sad.

And yea Bearcat I'm "explaining" myself.

" a handful of 30+ men who are jealous of a 20 year old self-employed boy that can actually "AFFORD" his own TL decided to take this whole thing the wrong way."

See.. that's what pisses people off. The other people here have TLs... so why would they be jealous?

I'm 25, drive a TL, and have two houses.. sooo... :urbethejealous:

:)

CarrieLynn 05-14-2009 10:59 AM

^ I agree, NOBODY here is jealous....get it together, we all have TL's or most of us anyway

Majofo 05-14-2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10898463)
I'm 25, drive a TL, and have two houses.. sooo... :urbethejealous:

:)

Two houses... 2 for 1 sale? lol.. now I'm jealous.. :rolleyes:

TLNY04 05-14-2009 11:05 AM

damn u guys are fuckin nuts

Majofo 05-14-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by TLNY04 (Post 10898487)
damn u guys are fuckin nuts

:alf:

phee 05-14-2009 11:09 AM

everyone forgot about me so i decided to come back over here because i needed attention.

:rolleyes:

IBFStyles 05-14-2009 11:25 AM

I never said that the only reason I came out of this accident was because I'm an indestructable teen...

That car is what saved my life and that's why I decided to show it on the "ACURA" forums. Coming out with elbow scratches on a rollover this severe... I think that acura at least deserved a compliment for that. And if I indeed did that in most other cars I'd have been dead.

I realize some of my comments afterward are sarcastic. But my main goal here on this forum was to show users my experience and what the TL has done for me.

Originally Posted by ankur914 (Post 10898453)
Just throwing this out there...

IBFStyles, you stated that this happened a while ago, so i assume that you have learned from your mistakes. Its hard to believe that you did not have an epiphone of any kind flipping 4 times, looking at your totaled car, and then viewing your injuries in light of the entire situation

Based on your responses, i think you have reached that stage where you are simply "laughing" at an otherwise horrible mistake? (You know...something bad happens today, but like a year from now you can "laugh" at it...)

Regardless, all we hope is that you have learned a valuable lesson. We ALL have worn the invincibility cloak when we were youunger doing dumb things such as jumping off of swings onto a concrete pavement as children, doing "dangerous" bike tricks as preteens, and driving fast as teens. We just dont want some sort of tragedy have to happen so that remove that false invincibility cloak.

PS - no one here is jealous of you having the ability of purchasing a TL. If anything, good for yoU! :thumbsup:

timmahh 05-14-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10898561)
I never said that the only reason I came out of this accident was because I'm an indestructable teen...

That car is what saved my life and that's why I decided to show it on the "ACURA" forums. Coming out with elbow scratches on a rollover this severe... I think that acura at least deserved a compliment for that. And if I indeed did that in most other cars I'd have been dead.

So you're saying now that you don't have a TL you're going to drive like a smart person and not risk killing yourself. :thumbsup:

Horde or Alliance?

Shalooby 05-14-2009 11:30 AM

... a handful of 30+ men who are jealous of a 20 year old self-employed boy that can actually "AFFORD" his own TL decided to take this whole thing the wrong way.

Okay, if you were my kid the belt wouldn't be enough. You would be thinking the Devil himself came up here after I was done with you.

But I'll never have to actually do that. You see, my kid has more respect and dignity than you'll even dream of having. And he's only 11.

IBFStyles 05-14-2009 11:31 AM

I simply have better uses for money than buying a luxury car again. I also didn't get a TL again because of the fact that there's not much "Under-Hood" to be done. I'll have many more options with a sports car to have fun with it in my garage.

And I learned the instant this thing happened that it's not worth it.

And I'm alliance XD

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10898574)
So you're saying now that you don't have a TL you're going to drive like a smart person and not risk killing yourself. :thumbsup:

Horde or Alliance?

Majofo 05-14-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10898574)

Horde or Alliance?

wtf.. is that a WoW reference? I had a classmate in college, super smart.. but in his jr. year he started playing WoW religiously.. it must have been his cyber crack.. he never came to class and when he did he said he was up all night - something about looting & battling with his clan.. eff if I know.. well he didn't graduate and I only saw him sparsely after.. he did gain weight and turned super pale - FTW!

Shalooby 05-14-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10898591)

Whoa. Whoa! Do I detect a glimmer of hope that there is some actual sensibility here? I do hope that you're not just referring to yourself as well.

Redemption is always an option for you, anytime you want to open that door. But you hold the key.......

IBFStyles 05-14-2009 11:37 AM

He gained weight because wow involves no movement other than your hands. And he turned pale cause he locked himself in a dark room for 12 hours a day and went to bed woke up and started over again.

It really is cyber crack.

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10898614)
wtf.. is that a WoW reference? I had a classmate in college, super smart.. but in his jr. year he started playing WoW religiously.. it must have been his cyber crack.. he never came to class and when he did he said he was up all night - something about looting & battling with his clan.. eff if I know.. well he didn't graduate and I only saw him sparsely after.. he did gain weight and turned super pale - FTW!

HONgDA 05-14-2009 11:38 AM

:what: after an accident that saved your life and it isn't worth it? You must have a death wish waiting to come true.

Nvm, i read your comment wrong. There is light at the end of the tunnel. We might have knocked some sense into you. :thumbsup:

Majofo 05-14-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10898591)
I simply have better uses for money than buying a luxury car again. I also didn't get a TL again because of the fact that there's not much "Under-Hood" to be done. I'll have many more options with a sports car to have fun with it in my garage.

Hopefully you did learn a lesson.. :thumbsup:

timmahh 05-14-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10898614)

Dude you need to watch the Southpark WoW episode

It's extremely addictive.. I get in so much trouble when I play it because I get told things like "come eat your dinner".. "be there in a second" [10 minutes].. "COME EAT YOUR FUCKING DINNER" [fearful of life ending../logout]

So........... be careful with the WoW, she must be taken in moderation.

IBFStyles 05-14-2009 11:42 AM

You're misunderstanding the post

Originally Posted by HONgDA (Post 10898626)
:what: after an accident that saved your life and it isn't worth it? You must have a death wish waiting to come true.