AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Rolled Over My 2008 TL. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rolled-over-my-2008-tl-726163/)

lusid 05-13-2009 12:30 PM

AT for life.

That was me who posted this there. I should have put it up on ATOT but I failed and put it in Car Talk.

Arkaign 05-13-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by lusid (Post 10894787)
AT for life.

That was me who posted this there. I should have put it up on ATOT but I failed and put it in Car Talk.

Represent! Seriously, ATOT would have had like 10x more people reading (at least), but as it's a car story, it'll probably stay in the garage.

Idea : find two other fail stories, then post a poll in ATOT about all three (including this one) about which is the most EPIC FAIL!

tmnhs81 05-13-2009 12:56 PM

Holy crap. :eek:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 61 (10 members and 51 guests)
tmnhs81, 07HONDATL, anarchy[sear], Arkaign, Bearcat94, dablackac, lusid, Majofo, Mr. Incredible, wasupdog

anarchy[sear] 05-13-2009 12:57 PM

Like I said before we would feel some sympathy for this guy but from his responses and his lack of accountability he wanted to come on here and tell us how "safe" his car is. Thanks for showing us how safe our car is and its a good thing you tested the car on yourself instead of using another innocent victim as your test dummy.

I finally saw the picture of your car today and I am speechless that you walked out of that with just elbow scratches.

Bearcat94 05-13-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by alexSU (Post 10894438)
just hit 48 ppl :what:

wait...51 ppl!!

Meh.

Won't be any fun for the guests if the OP doesn't come back and "explain".

tmnhs81 05-13-2009 12:58 PM

Acurazine is getting famous..:woot:

Majofo 05-13-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Arkaign (Post 10894457)
Hi, I'm Arkaign (Thor), from Dallas, Texas.

We are reading this thread thanks to it being posted on Anandtech forums (a pretty big forum), in the Garage section.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

Nice to meet y'all. My older brother has an '06 TL, previously had an '02 TL-S. I have an '08 Focus S 5spd Coupe with some light mods, wish I had an Acura but it does the job pretty well and handles like mad.

Cheers, Ark.

Cool.. I just added to the cliff notes for those who can't see the site. :thumbsup:

Costco 05-13-2009 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Arkaign (Post 10894545)
Heh. I feel for the OP in some ways, I know I used to drive like a fool when I was young. If what he's saying is true, I have to give him at least some credit for not doing this on a major road. Most of us probably know of a good side road somewhere where pretty much nobody ever comes down.

Still, there's no real excuse for those kinds of speeds on what are still public roads. Take it to the track kid. Oh, and please get some experience with that 350Z before you get overconfident again. Go to a very large abandoned parking lot if you can find one. Drive in a straight line at 35mph in 2nd gear, then take a 90-degree turn and goose the throttle. Hello, that's called oversteer! This is not a n00b-friendly FWD vehicle with neutral handling characteristics that calmly understeers at the limit. No, this car will eat you alive if you don't know what you're doing.

:)

Originally Posted by Bearcat94 (Post 10894926)
Meh.

Won't be any fun for the guests if the OP doesn't come back and "explain".

:agree: :agree:

its no fun until he comes back and makes an ass of himself, saying how he's right and knows how to drive, :blahblah:

tmnhs81 05-13-2009 01:07 PM

I wonder if autoblog will pick up this story...:rolleyes:

TLNY04 05-13-2009 01:17 PM

wow glad to see your alright and i hate when people leave stupid ass comments like "Im sure there are a few law enforcement guys on this board that would love to look a little closer at your accident" Who the fuck says that, that was probably the gayest thing ive ever seen on this forum plus no one cares to do that...
but to OP glad to see your ok as much as i hate to see wrecked TL's i like to see the pictures so that when i know if i get into an accident i will be safe good luck with everyone

Majofo 05-13-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by TLNY04 (Post 10895020)
wow glad to see your alright and i hate when people leave stupid ass comments like "Im sure there are a few law enforcement guys on this board that would love to look a little closer at your accident" Who the fuck says that, that was probably the gayest thing ive ever seen on this forum plus no one cares to do that...
but to OP glad to see your ok as much as i hate to see wrecked TL's i like to see the pictures so that when i know if i get into an accident i will be safe good luck with everyone

you talking about Astro??.. delete delete.. lol..

TLNY04 05-13-2009 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10895027)
you talking about Astro??.. delete delete.. lol..

lol nooo someone on the first page but i just went through the past 4 pages... this is some funny shit i take my comment back OP is a fuckin retard hahahaaaa all i know if i ever got into an accident things on the internet are just like textmesages they are saved forever somewhere so dont say something dumb in them..... he deserves what hes got coming to him but if i got into an accident i woulnt want 60 people calling me an idiot so i just wouldnt post it on here hahahahahahahaaa OP is dumb dumb

TLNY04 05-13-2009 01:25 PM

OP come backkk

6spdtl-s 05-13-2009 01:27 PM

From Anantech.com

Wow Darwin failed us on that one.
LMAO
:rofl:

TLNY04 05-13-2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by elegant type s (Post 10891440)
<====== drives fast.. Not stupid = 0 accidents in life

+1

6spdtl-s 05-13-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by tmnhs81 (Post 10894979)
I wonder if autoblog will pick up this story...:rolleyes:

they might...I just sent them the link!:tongue:

timmahh 05-13-2009 01:34 PM

Yeah that was me.. so apparently i'm "who the fuck says that".

Who says that? People who get annoyed with little shitfucks like yourself who, as stated many times in the thread [which you apparently cannot read], don't seem to give a fuck about others and don't realize how deadly they can be when driving like a tardfuck. So grow the fuck up and quit being an internet douche.

Oomggg you read the rest of the thread sooooo I take back what I just said

Seriously.. read the whole thread [if possible] before chiming in.. or atleast read every other post - then you'll get most of what's going on.

This isn't you is it ?
http://howyoudoinblondie.files.wordp...guido_fail.jpg

chill_dog 05-13-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by PPLAPW (Post 10893465)
The 3G section has changed so much... :sad:

No kidding!

But I have to say, the entertainment value on this one is growing. The OP really needs to come back and share some more of his insightful knowledge.

timmahh 05-13-2009 01:39 PM

It's become a warzone!
:pewpewpewpew:

tmnhs81 05-13-2009 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10895088)
they might...I just sent them the link!:tongue:

I am home all day today, I'll keep checking autoblog.:tongue:

6spdtl-s 05-13-2009 01:45 PM

:rocket::shoot::boxing::kick::flame::uzi::punch::k o::bye:

TylerT 05-13-2009 01:49 PM

This thread hasn't really been "ownage" yet ...

If the OP doesn't get insurance to cover his car. . then it's internet ownage worthy.

timmahh 05-13-2009 01:51 PM

Can you imagine his reaction if he opened the envelope with his insurance check and it was stamped with FAIL? That would be flippin hilarious

HONgDA 05-13-2009 01:52 PM

I was surprised myself that this thread was reopened.

:popcorn:

skd2k1 05-13-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by the-carbon-comet (Post 10894325)
Hey i play video games and I haven't rolled my car, anyone wanna take me on SFIV??

I'll take you on bro! you on ps3? user skd2k1...bring it :thumbsup:

Costco 05-13-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by TylerT (Post 10895167)
This thread hasn't really been "ownage" yet ...

If the OP doesn't get insurance to cover his car. . then it's internet ownage worthy.

That would be the icing on the cake. Hopefully they didn't write out a check to him already... I have a feeling this guy won't learn, especially if they essentially give him a new car.

TheGoodGuy 05-13-2009 02:46 PM

Another ATOT member here. (I drive a TSX though so I am a current member).

First off you are an idiot. 85mph in a FWD on a curvy road. No speed limit posted doesnt mean you can do as fast as you can. Basic speed law states not to go faster than the given conditions.

That being said, dont thank god, thank acura's engineers who designed it to save your life.

Now with that Z, I suggest you put it in the garage and walk to work. Otherwise you should leave your racing days for the track.

Shalooby 05-13-2009 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 10891178)
ok, lets start the countdown till this gets closed

Nah, the mods leave these kinds of threads open for people to flame away. Kid needs a lesson.

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA (Post 10891457)
I'd rather have people here go a bit overboard than to have him think by the slightest bit that the action is acceptable.

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10891540)
:turd: :preach:

If he thought going 100 MPH on hilly roads and posting pictures of his wreck would make him some type of car racing idol.. He came to the wrong place. How about if he plowed into you and killed your family. You going to care about him getting his feelings hurt on a internet board?

That's probably exactly what he was thinking. He's no doubt learned that this isn't the place to come to if you want to brag about stupidity. We may never see him again. And that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10891941)
It wasn't a mountain. It was a country side road. Also I'm self-employed and own my own test only center. Mommy and daddy didn't buy it. Quit making assumptions.

Again! All you have to comment on is why you think it really wasn't that reckless! You are such a ignorant fool.
Nothing! Nothing about how anything anyone has said here has made him think for even a second. Deny deny deny.
Maybe he's right? Maybe we're all self absorbed wanna be Christians who think we can do no wrong in the world and should really be taking a look at our self righteous behavior.

Wanna try and begin getting any respect back from everyone who has lost it for you? Acknowledge that you were stupid and that you'll learn from this. Thank them for pointing out quite a few things that you've obviously missed. The observations of everyone (most) in here are priceless! People pay for this sort of therapy - you're getting it for free!!

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco (Post 10895316)
That would be the icing on the cake. Hopefully they didn't write out a check to him already... I have a feeling this guy won't learn, especially if they essentially give him a new car.

He may not learn. That would be a shame. But he will stop driving like a imbecile - when he's dead. Hopefully he won't take anyone with him.

CarrieLynn 05-13-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shalooby (Post 10895548)
Nah, the mods leave these kinds of threads open for people to flame away. Kid needs a lesson.

It was closed once.....

and NICE 60 guests now lol

VQPower37 05-13-2009 03:18 PM

glad u made it out ok bro ... be safe with the 350

FlipStylie 05-13-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10894419)
holy ish.. 30 guests.. did someone spread this to another forum?? if you're a guest, register and let us know where you're from..

Hey Azine... JC from 6gen Accord. The thread is definitely starting to make the rounds. Carrie posted this for us and we are having a field day with this thread. Thanks for the laughs (and by laughs I mean back and forth responses with the OP), definitely brightened my day at the office.

LTxArucAx60 05-13-2009 04:04 PM

Wow!!

scs760 05-13-2009 04:05 PM

You can't change stupid...

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890739)
Did you roll the car over? I didn't think so. Quit complaining.

I normally travelled upwards of 90-100 on that road the hills are NOT that major.

It had been about a year or so since I been there and I caught an uneven side of the road that threw me off.

Also I didn't get a citation for the accident. I'm not too worried about money either.

csmeance 05-13-2009 04:20 PM

Just keep it cool guys, don't break the rules...

tmnhs81 05-13-2009 04:44 PM

:woot: its open again.

tmnhs81 05-13-2009 05:32 PM