AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Rolled Over My 2008 TL. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rolled-over-my-2008-tl-726163/)

07HONDATL 05-12-2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10891628)
holy run-on sentence

o shut up..lol u get the point i just ramble on like most chicks do not worried about my capitilization and where my periods go..its a thread but if i made it hard for u to read or understand i apologize..

crazyasiantl 05-12-2009 05:27 PM

shit! glad to know the TL is a safe car but, dude? 85?

6spdtl-s 05-12-2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 07HONDATL (Post 10891718)
o shut up..lol u get the point i just ramble on like most chicks do not worried about my capitilization and where my periods go..its a thread but if i made it hard for u to read or understand i apologize..

hahah just messin with you... I know its the internet and no one really cares what/how they write.:toocool:

leedogg 05-12-2009 05:33 PM

op, you're quite lucky, i'm not exactly sure what triggers the airbags, but I'm not sure if the car had landed on the roof first that they would have deployed. Acura puts a high priority on safety, and its good to see that it held up in this case.

Good luck in life, if you continue to drive carelessly, hopefully in your next accident, you go out in a blaze of glory without taking anybody else with you.

Majofo 05-12-2009 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by leedogg (Post 10891763)
op, you're quite lucky, i'm not exactly sure what triggers the airbags, but I'm not sure if the car had landed on the roof first that they would have deployed. Acura puts a high priority on safety, and its good to see that it held up in this case.

Good luck in life, if you continue to drive carelessly, hopefully in your next accident, you go out in a blaze of glory without taking anybody else with you.

:werd:

CLtotheTL32 05-12-2009 05:42 PM

Jesus fucking hell some of you people are bashing on the kid. I highly doubt anybody would be this negative if the kid wouldn't have survived like that oriental couple that was killed in NY.

NO he shouldn't have been going that fast, I agree with that, but just because he's young, doesn't mean he's a bad driver, or that his "mommy and daddy" bought it for him. Many younger people on this forum, including myself, bought their Acura, and people just assume that it was given to them, which sometimes isn't the case.

All of the "older" people on this forum act like every single young person that happens to get in an accident in a nice car is a bad driver and I'm sick of reading about it. Accidents are called "accidents" because I highly doubt this kid wanted to flip his 08 TL. Everytime I see a thread about a young kid crashing a car people say "dumb spoiled kid" or whatever, but when an older person crashes a car nobody says anything about their age. I'm 20 and I have a TL and if I totaled it, I'm pretty damn sure people would bring age into it once again, if I was going 85 or going the speed limit.

Let's just give the guy a break and just give him positive feedback. Even though he already has a new car, being in an accident is a life changing event that nobody ever forgets about.

ballerjai 05-12-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32 (Post 10891788)
Jesus fucking hell some of you people are bashing on the kid. I highly doubt anybody would be this negative if the kid wouldn't have survived like that oriental couple that was killed in NY.

NO he shouldn't have been going that fast, I agree with that, but just because he's young, doesn't mean he's a bad driver, or that his "mommy and daddy" bought it for him. Many younger people on this forum, including myself, bought their Acura, and people just assume that it was given to them, which sometimes isn't the case.

All of the "older" people on this forum act like every single young person that happens to get in an accident in a nice car is a bad driver and I'm sick of reading about it. Accidents are called "accidents" because I highly doubt this kid wanted to flip his 08 TL. Everytime I see a thread about a young kid crashing a car people say "dumb spoiled kid" or whatever, but when an older person crashes a car nobody says anything about their age. I'm 20 and I have a TL and if I totaled it, I'm pretty damn sure people would bring age into it once again, if I was going 85 or going the speed limit.

Let's just give the guy a break and just give him positive feedback. Even though he already has a new car, being in an accident is a life changing event that nobody ever forgets about.

Although I do agree with you on the age assumptions of being a bad driver, I don't agree on things like "people learn there lesson." Statistic show we young drivers are most probable of accidents, and sadly as it is.. just don't become part of that statistics. My other point is that, I had a friend who was 16 when he received his first car (BMW M3). After a couple months, he totaled it driving too fast. A month later parents got him another brand new m3. Then again, 6 months passed and it was another total. Sure his parents were pissed, but he was the type of student that didn't do well in school. So they made him a deal of getting over a 2.5 GPA before his 3rd car. Took about a year, but they got him a M5. Not EVERYONE, takes a accident as a life changing experience, maybe you do, I, and other members here do.

All and all, I think everything was covered, and I don't need to say much about the accident in this post.

And I believe the fastest speed limit in CA is 75 on HW5. :thumbsup:

anarchy[sear] 05-12-2009 05:55 PM

It is his response that is giving me a reason to believe that he hasn't learned from this ordeal. I don't really care how he got the car. You are right the kid deserves a break. Guess what he fucking got his break he is still alive. Driving 85 miles an hour around the mountains is not an "accident." If he would have struck another car then the other person would have been in an accident not him.

shooter 05-12-2009 05:59 PM

OP is 20 so it's def. a lesson learned situation for him .... but from his responses, I doubt that he learned anything .... so he's lucky this time, but without changing, next time would be the last time for him most likely ...

Costco 05-12-2009 06:01 PM

Have you not read a SINGLE post that the OP has made after the first one? He hardly acknowledges that he's made a mistake, which is the worst crime of all. It doesn't matter if he was obeying the speed limit and simply had a lapse in concentration and crashed into a van sending a family down to their doom in the valley. If he refuses to show accountability for it then he doesn't deserve a drip of respect. :2cents:

and you are wrong. If he died and the report showed estimates that he was going upwards of 75+ mph on that hill, people would point and ask, what the HELL was he doing going that fast in a family sedan? and I hate to sound like the broken record but I doubt you would be feeling sorry for him if he crashed into a car and killed 5 people while he lived.

This is the same "I'm invincible and I'm gonna show the world I am" crap that afflicts so many dead teenagers and 20-somethings when they end themselves while street racing or doing some other stupid shit. I guess I am a bit mad..... its because of idiots like him that my insurance rate is stupid expensive. I admit I'm not perfect either, but I always go above the speed limit by 10 mph at the most, and only for a short time if that. I have gotten a ticket (not racing or speeding) but I felt regretful for it, mostly because I'm paying for it, and I've calmed down since. This guy instead goes out and buys a Z. Wow, I feel so bad for him!

timmahh 05-12-2009 06:01 PM

^^^ The couple that died in NY were not going 85 mph and rolling their car.. They were hit by another young dumbfuck who doesn't give a shit about anything when behind the wheel of a car.

Being young doesn't make him a bad driver, but being young, and posting pictures of his rolled car while going 85 mph and then saying things like he 'normally goes 90 - 100' makes him a bad driver.

ACCIDENTS are accidents when they are ACCIDENTS.

Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.. and realize that he could easily have killed himself, or others, and no longer do stupid shit. But based on his comments, and that he went and bought a car that's RWD w/ more power, he'll probably ignore everything we're saying.

Getting into an accident has nothing to do with the vehicle 'class', but it has everything to do with the driver. If he posted pictures of his Geo Metro and said he rolled it doing 85 mph, you'd probably see the same comments.

We're not saying shit to be dickheads, we're trying to make him realize how lucky he is that he is not dead and that he didn't hit someone.

6spdtl-s 05-12-2009 06:26 PM

IMO youre a bad driver when you crash and youre at fault. Youre an even worse driver/just dumb to be doin 85 on a hilly and curvey road when its damp out. Driving skills arent the only thing that make you a 'good driver' a lot of it has to do with 'good decision-making' and thats something that young drivers often have problems with.

If you have a problem with stereotypes I suggest you ignore and live above them or or kill yourself because this world is full of them.

Also, if you dont acknowledge that you made a wrong move, you'll never learn from your mistake and continue making poor decisions.

Definition of insanity:
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 06:29 PM

It wasn't a mountain. It was a country side road. Also I'm self-employed and own my own test only center. Mommy and daddy didn't buy it. Quit making assumptions.

Originally Posted by anarchy[sear] (Post 10891826)
It is his response that is giving me a reason to believe that he hasn't learned from this ordeal. I don't really care how he got the car. You are right the kid deserves a break. Guess what he fucking got his break he is still alive. Driving 85 miles an hour around the mountains is not an "accident." If he would have struck another car then the other person would have been in an accident not him.

anarchy[sear] 05-12-2009 06:29 PM

:spit:

Like I said I don't care how you got your car. We are just saying as a community that you have dodge a bullet and that you are very lucky to still be here unscathed and live to see another day.

I really dont care what you do with your life but its the people around you that I am worried for. Shit it could be me one day that gets ran off the road by you.

Majofo 05-12-2009 06:30 PM

Your argument really holds up when 1/2 the criticism about the OP's dumbass driving is from 20 somethings..

I was going to rebut this further but it looks like I don't have to.. :owned:

CLtotheTL32 05-12-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco (Post 10891842)
Have you not read a SINGLE post that the OP has made after the first one? He hardly acknowledges that he's made a mistake, which is the worst crime of all. It doesn't matter if he was obeying the speed limit and simply had a lapse in concentration and crashed into a van sending a family down to their doom in the valley. If he refuses to show accountability for it then he doesn't deserve a drip of respect. :2cents:

and you are wrong. If he died and the report showed estimates that he was going upwards of 75+ mph on that hill, people would point and ask, what the HELL was he doing going that fast in a family sedan? and I hate to sound like the broken record but I doubt you would be feeling sorry for him if he crashed into a car and killed 5 people while he lived.

This is the same "I'm invincible and I'm gonna show the world I am" crap that afflicts so many dead teenagers and 20-somethings when they end themselves while street racing or doing some other stupid shit. I guess I am a bit mad..... its because of idiots like him that my insurance rate is stupid expensive. I admit I'm not perfect either, but I always go above the speed limit by 10 mph at the most, and only for a short time if that. I have gotten a ticket (not racing or speeding) but I felt regretful for it, mostly because I'm paying for it, and I've calmed down since. This guy instead goes out and buys a Z. Wow, I feel so bad for him!

I agree that he didn't "take responsibility for his actions" and that is somewhat selfish, but then again I'm sure he doesn't feel too good about totaling a $35k car, if his parents bought it or not, and if he has a 350Z now or whatever. Maybe there are other consequences he has to face at home since he totaled the car and they had to buy him a new one. Granted if I totaled my TL, I would get nothing close to a 350Z, but every family is different.

And yes, maybe I would feel different about the whole situation if he would have injured or even killed other people in this accident, but he didn't, and I'm glad nobody else was injured including the driver. There are a lot of "what if's" with every accident and they have nothing to do with what happened. I think he's thankful that he only got a few scratches and not anything more, but I can't speak for him.

Everybody makes mistakes in life, no matter their age, sex, or race, and I just think people are being to rude about it and bringing stereotypes and other shit in here that doesn't matter. It was his choice to go 85 up a hilly road and he is 100% at fault for the accident, no doubt about it, but people jump to conclusions that it is because of his age. Yes stereotypes are everywhere, I know that, but they are being brought up for no reason whatsoever. This isn't for sure, but I'm sure if he was 45, the comments made would be a lot different, but then again there is one of those "what if's".

And don't tell me that I'm "wrong". I am entitled to my opinion and I'm choosing to voice it. If you don't agree, that's fine, but I'm not wrong.

ggesq 05-12-2009 06:40 PM

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...-oklahoma-.jpg

astro 05-12-2009 10:08 PM

I just sent this thread to my friend who's a cop in your area. I can't wait till your insurance company laughs at you rather than paying out on the TL. You may hear from your local constabulary too.

Moron.

1fsthatch 05-12-2009 10:32 PM

wow wut a life nub

erick3 05-12-2009 10:33 PM

your car flipped over, over and over...and it now looks like that...and all you have to say is "good day"?!?

dude...are you okay?! holy hell...

AMGala 05-12-2009 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by astro (Post 10892756)
I just sent this thread to my friend who's a cop in your area. I can't wait till your insurance company laughs at you rather than paying out on the TL. You may hear from your local constabulary too.

Moron.

Pwned!

bluefang08 05-12-2009 10:37 PM

Dang dude count your stars!

Gary TL S 05-12-2009 10:44 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 30 (15 members and 15 guests) Gary TL S, 1fsthatch, claydus, cthan3o3, e30cabrio, gyeah99, IncaPower, Islandsnowz, LaCostaRacer, Majofo, sT04Louis, timmahh, vc123, XpLiciTdRuNk, zeppelin77
damn I wish that many people viewed my posts.

Bearcat94 05-12-2009 11:01 PM

Hmmmm? Astro unlocked the thread???

:woot:

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890814)
The entire road had no posted speed is what the officer told me.

:bs:

Ever see the signs, "State Wide Speed Limit xx MPH unless otherwise posted"?

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890739)
I normally travelled upwards of 90-100 on that road the hills are NOT that major.

It had been about a year or so since I been there and I caught an uneven side of the road that threw me off.

Also I didn't get a citation for the accident. I'm not too worried about money either.

PLEASE go roll/wreck/total the Z. The sooner the better. You're the reason 5-Star crash ratings are over-rated.

Majofo 05-12-2009 11:15 PM

Moron.

:brakejob: :rofl: :frenchie: :jesuslol: :troutslap :alf::owned:

I really hope something comes of this.. for the sake of the OP and everyone else on the road.. and only a little for our amusement.. :snicker:

oarichard 05-12-2009 11:29 PM

glad your ok buddy, and good luck with your z!

conmanwi 05-12-2009 11:31 PM

Wow! What a wreck!

XpLiciTdRuNk 05-12-2009 11:35 PM

all i can say is wow...

greco9885 05-12-2009 11:40 PM

LOL this thread turned into WIN

im not even going to waste my time on OP.

all i will say is your a jackass and thanks for raising my insurance prick

koshia 05-12-2009 11:42 PM

+1

I think timmahh//Mr. Incredible wins this post. I can't recall ever in my last 6 years of driving being this reckless... I was 20 and I still am in my 20's and I can't justify this situation as a "age" issue. I think more or less, this driver was just blatantly stupid. They teach you "defensive" driving in school & in most programs and it is obvious 85-100 mph is not defensive.

I will not give praise to this thread or care if the person's okay because obviously "this is not a money issue" so it means that the kid will probably do it again. I'm just hoping he stays in CA & when it happens again, no one else gets hurt.

Research has proven that even driving @ 30 mph has enough force to kill a person.

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10891845)
^^^ The couple that died in NY were not going 85 mph and rolling their car.. They were hit by another young dumbfuck who doesn't give a shit about anything when behind the wheel of a car.

Being young doesn't make him a bad driver, but being young, and posting pictures of his rolled car while going 85 mph and then saying things like he 'normally goes 90 - 100' makes him a bad driver.

ACCIDENTS are accidents when they are ACCIDENTS.

Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.. and realize that he could easily have killed himself, or others, and no longer do stupid shit. But based on his comments, and that he went and bought a car that's RWD w/ more power, he'll probably ignore everything we're saying.

Getting into an accident has nothing to do with the vehicle 'class', but it has everything to do with the driver. If he posted pictures of his Geo Metro and said he rolled it doing 85 mph, you'd probably see the same comments.

We're not saying shit to be dickheads, we're trying to make him realize how lucky he is that he is not dead and that he didn't hit someone.

tmnhs81 05-12-2009 11:54 PM

OP got :owned:

Astro, tell your friend to join Azine and keep us posted.

skd2k1 05-12-2009 11:54 PM

Moron.

I don't think this thread is going to win any court cases, but that is still funny!

tmnhs81 05-12-2009 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by greco9885 (Post 10893054)
LOL this thread turned into WIN

:werd:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2394/...a78792243d.jpg

Red Voodoo 05-12-2009 11:56 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Enuff said.

YeuEmMaiMai 05-13-2009 12:11 AM

I feel sorry for the OP for he has no clue how lucky he was that something a lot worse did not happen......

TheChamp531 05-13-2009 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10891941)
It wasn't a mountain. It was a country side road. Also I'm self-employed and own my own test only center. Mommy and daddy didn't buy it. Quit making assumptions.

You give a response that really has nothing to do with what we're saying lol. We're talking about you being an idiot driver, spoiled individual regardless if you're paying it yourself at age 20. Total a TL and get a faster, less safer car to enjoy? We wouldn't make assumptions if you weren't :doh: and responded logically. Learn to drive peanut brain!

paliknight 05-13-2009 01:31 AM

idk where to start. i think everyone else covered it.

i learned my lesson from a speeding ticket lol. idk how OP hasnt learned his lesson from this.

Nick337 05-13-2009 01:37 AM

Very lucky to be alive man.

erick3 05-13-2009 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 10891013)
20 year old driving like an idiot. Surprise :-)

c'mon now...

erick3 05-13-2009 01:57 AM

damn you guys are fuckin' cruel! :pofl: