AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Rolled Over My 2008 TL. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rolled-over-my-2008-tl-726163/)

n3o 05-12-2009 02:52 PM

I hope you roll that Z down the side of a hill too, one less idiot on the road. You should remember that you do NOT own the road, you share it with other people, and little do you know if some drunk idiot is traveling just as fast as you coming in the opposite direction with his lights off.

6spdtl-s 05-12-2009 02:54 PM

^ sorry to hear that Mr. Incredible

I think this incident would have been an eye opener for the OP if 1) he had payed for the car/insurance himself and 2) if he had actually gotten hurt to the point that it was life threatening.

Although I'm not wishing any harm upon anyone......sometimes it takes something like that to save them from themselves.

Majofo 05-12-2009 02:55 PM

Very poignant post Mr. Incredible..

oh and btw.. the pics of the 2 killed in the TL.. the accident was caused by a 17 y.o. spoiled prick going 100+ mph who survived. The victims were husband and wife late 40's early 50's. I believe the husband was the supervisor to the city's dept of children services. When the kid was told he killed two people he asked the officer how his mercedes was.. b/c it's suppost to be his car from his parents.

CarrieLynn 05-12-2009 03:03 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 25 (19 members and 6 guests)
CarrieLynn, 6spdtl-s+, CGTSX2004, CJ0920, Hines57, HONgDA, IBFStyles, InFaMouSLink, JETSPD1477, jiggaman, Majofo, n3o, neutronics33, Phantom_of_the_Acura, TheWanderer316, Timeless, timmahh, westas2, woot427

:what:

Phantom_of_the_Acura 05-12-2009 03:05 PM

+1 to Mr. Incredible's post you are 100% right and I couldn't have said it better myself.

timmahh 05-12-2009 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 10891127)
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 25 (19 members, 6 guests, and 3 California Highway Patrol)
CarrieLynn, 6spdtl-s+, CGTSX2004, CJ0920, Hines57, HONgDA, IBFStyles, InFaMouSLink, JETSPD1477, jiggaman, Majofo, n3o, neutronics33, Phantom_of_the_Acura, TheWanderer316, Timeless, timmahh, westas2, woot427

:what:

fixed

Majofo 05-12-2009 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10891134)
fixed

:snicker:

AZN.M3NACE 05-12-2009 03:07 PM

wow. glad your okay bro! i guess i should stay with acura/honda because i was planning on getting a lexus... now i see that hondas/acuras are the safest cars to be in.

CJ0920 05-12-2009 03:08 PM

Holly FAWK! WTF were you thinking man! You are damn lucky! Take it as a lesson learned and don't duplicated it. With a Z omg your in for more trouble if you couldn't handle a fwd already. GL

surreal1221 05-12-2009 03:10 PM

Wow.

Glad to see you're in fine shape.

Some life lessons must be learned, and this is one of them. Slow down. Just because you were able to do 90-100 on the road at one point doesn't mean that you'll always be able to do 90-100. Conditions change.

But, I'd pretty much promise that if you do the speed limit every time, you won't have to worry about losing control.

Be careful.

anarchy[sear] 05-12-2009 03:10 PM

Hey you guys should quit being mean to this poor fella. He just wrecked his car and will no longer be on the acurazine forums and posting stories like this anymore. DAMN!!!!! WHY!!!!

CarrieLynn 05-12-2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10891134)
fixed

:pofl:

Majofo 05-12-2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by anarchy[sear] (Post 10891160)
Hey you guys should quit being mean to this poor fella. He just wrecked his car and will no longer be on the acurazine forums and posting stories like this anymore. YAYYY!!!!

fixed

CarrieLynn 05-12-2009 03:13 PM

ok, lets start the countdown till this gets closed

6spdtl-s 05-12-2009 03:18 PM

I guess hes got no snotty comeback:shrug:, I see him lurking....

AMGala 05-12-2009 03:19 PM

:omg:

The old young and invincible mindset...

*sigh*

anarchy[sear] 05-12-2009 03:20 PM

carrie i am afraid to countdown or post unecessary post and get banned such like this post here so here is something for the op.

Good Luck with everything and you got lucky one time. Unless you got a lucky horse shoe shoved up your ass because it seems like your pretty up tight I would rethink your driving for the sake of other drivers.

CarrieLynn 05-12-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by anarchy[sear] (Post 10891212)
carrie i am afraid to countdown or post unecessary post and get banned such like this post here so here is something for the op.

Good Luck with everything and you got lucky one time. Unless you got a lucky horse shoe shoved up your ass because it seems like your pretty up tight I would rethink your driving for the sake of other drivers.

lol I wasn't really gonna count I was just being silly

JTS97Z28 05-12-2009 03:25 PM

Even though any car is capable of fast speeds atleast he is keeping himself in cars with little relatively low HP V6's. Imagine if he got his hands on something like a Z06 vette or some sort of BMW M series :what:

Mr. Incredible 05-12-2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10891086)
^ sorry to hear that Mr. Incredible

I think this incident would have been an eye opener for the OP if 1) he had payed for the car/insurance himself and 2) if he had actually gotten hurt to the point that it was life threatening.

Although I'm not wishing any harm upon anyone......sometimes it takes something like that to save them from themselves.

maybe, maybe not...

my parents paid my insurance until I was 21, although I bought my first car my dad put in a couple thousand to help me build the motor for it..

having parents pay for stuff isn't the problem, the problem is not being raised to own up to your mistakes and take responsibility for your actions.

When my first car was wrecked, (I was 19) my dad helped me buy a new (used) car to replace it..

the difference was, I was t-boned by a DUI I didn't do anything wrong, I was sitting in the intersection waiting to make a left turn and the DUI ran the red light coming from the cross street.

had I done something like the OP did, Dad would have turned his back on me and told me to deal with it myself..

I'm not perfect, far from it, I've wrecked 3 cars, and yeah I was a hot headed, lead footed Teen myself...

but at some point you have to grow up, realize the world owes you nothing and you have to take responsibility for your actions.. I joined the USMC and learned those lessons real fast...

I've paid for my mistakes and was/am damn lucky no one was hurt in the process of me being stupid...

Karma is a bitch, and it will come back and bite you... it has me several times... and I am sure others can attest to the same thing.

Majofo 05-12-2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 10891231)
Even though any car is capable of fast speeds atleast he is keeping himself in cars with little relatively low HP V6's. Imagine if he got his hands on something like a Z06 vette or some sort of BMW M series :what:

It doesn't matter.. it's the mentality. Almost all cars are capable of 100+ mph.. anything above 60 mph the fatality rate is exponential no matter what your driving. The OP is blessed. That could have been a fatal accident under different circumstances. He rolled the dice and won.

dchian 05-12-2009 03:32 PM

this thread was the best read of my day. sure beats reading articles of why the lakers didn't show up the other day.

RC51Ryder 05-12-2009 03:33 PM

Since the way this thread is going, it will be closed soon so I better get my post in quickly.

I will spare you the "Slow Down" speech and just say that I'm glad you made it out alive. Looks like the driver of the red late model Maxima next to your suffered the same fate. I wonder if it did as well as the TL and if the driver was able to walk away.

RC51Ryder 05-12-2009 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible (Post 10891232)
I joined the USMC and learned those lessons real fast...

As soon as I hit the yellow footprints, class was in session for me.

The other Marines on the board know what I am referring to......

CtXtremes 05-12-2009 03:37 PM

Listen man, dont let anything these people say offend you because no one here truly knows you. Just take it easy in the Z, live and learn from your mistakes. It could have been a lot worse. and people could have been severely hurt.
Glad to see that our TL's are so good on roll over accidents. hopefully no one else will have to experience that.

anarchy[sear] 05-12-2009 03:57 PM

Yeah most of us can tell you from our experiences to save you the trouble but if I looked back when I was younger I really didn't listen to anybody until I got into my first accident. Once you see your insurance go up to almost how much you pay for your car then you will be like damn this sucks. I was paying almost 200 bucks for liability through safe auto cause on one else would insure me.

JETSPD1477 05-12-2009 04:05 PM

leave the kid be... chastising him on the internet is not going to make him feel better or compell him to drive more intelligently.

Elegant TYPE S 05-12-2009 04:11 PM

I'm glad your ok and didn't hurt anyone.. but to the people that are preaching to this kid... realize his age and call it a day. I can tell from the fact that a new Z was bought shortly after its mostly falling on deaf ears. And we wonder why insurance rates are so high for that age bracket.. :whyme:

Like I said glad your ALIVE.

Elegant TYPE S 05-12-2009 04:12 PM

<====== Drives fast.. NOT STUPID = 0 Accidents in LIFE

CocheseUGA 05-12-2009 04:17 PM

I'd rather have people here go a bit overboard than to have him think by the slightest bit that the action is acceptable.

What's the over/under on 'Rolled my 350Z' on my350z?

DanL 05-12-2009 04:34 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7KeUfp40QD...stupidity.jpeg

Majofo 05-12-2009 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by JETSPD1477 (Post 10891398)
leave the kid be... chastising him on the internet is not going to make him feel better or compell him to drive more intelligently.

:turd: :preach:

If he thought going 100 MPH on hilly roads and posting pictures of his wreck would make him some type of car racing idol.. He came to the wrong place. How about if he plowed into you and killed your family. You going to care about him getting his feelings hurt on a internet board?

07HONDATL 05-12-2009 04:45 PM

wow crazy ish..u know im 22 and i used to drive crazy all the time i thought racing was cool and goin fast was cool that it was me showing off and all the while ppl just thought i was a loser and stuff i remeber i was racing this kid in his galant and he took me on a road i didnt know and we were flying and i came to a turn and just lost it and i thank god everyday that i gained control of my car back i almost slammed head on into a truck b4 i jerked the wheel back and gained control.. thats when i realized wow this is deff not worth me losing my life over racing some dumb galant or ne 1 for that matter speeding period....its not always u but there are other wreckless ppl on the road.

i had some guy cut me off and start giving me the finger and stuff as soon as it went into two lanes i went to go around him he swirved in front of me and slammed on the brakes and i hit him thank god no damage was done to my car i had minor scratches and he had alil dent but u gotta be cautious of ur driving and others around u..glad to see ur alive should have stuck wit the ACura/Honda no nissan eww..lol

07HONDATL 05-12-2009 04:46 PM

now im all show and no go..lol drive nice and slow and look pretty..lol

pbcmedia 05-12-2009 04:46 PM

damn reading this thread feels like a morality check.... but to the op definitely use ur brain man.... everyone in here..imo... is just tryin to talk some sense into u so that u dont drive 85+ mph up a curvy, hilly, country road again.... next time u might not be so lucky, but maybe thats what it will take for YOU yourself to understand what everyones telling u....

so dont take it as badgering take it as constructive criticism & take from it what u will...

glad to hear ur ok though

pbcmedia 05-12-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by DanL (Post 10891520)

:pofl:

6spdtl-s 05-12-2009 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by 07HONDATL (Post 10891585)
wow crazy ish..u know im 22 and i used to drive crazy all the time i thought racing was cool and goin fast was cool that it was me showing off and all the while ppl just thought i was a loser and stuff i remeber i was racing this kid in his galant and he took me on a road i didnt know and we were flying and i came to a turn and just lost it and i thank god everyday that i gained control of my car back i almost slammed head on into a truck b4 i jerked the wheel back and gained control.. thats when i realized wow this is deff not worth me losing my life over racing some dumb galant or ne 1 for that matter speeding period....its not always u but there are other wreckless ppl on the road.

i had some guy cut me off and start giving me the finger and stuff as soon as it went into two lanes i went to go around him he swirved in front of me and slammed on the brakes and i hit him thank god no damage was done to my car i had minor scratches and he had alil dent but u gotta be cautious of ur driving and others around u..glad to see ur alive should have stuck wit the ACura/Honda no nissan eww..lol

holy run-on sentence

Islandsnowz 05-12-2009 05:04 PM

Hey, if the guy wants to be a living crash test dummy, let em be.

The red maxima behind his tl looks like it was in a roll over too.

skd2k1 05-12-2009 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by anarchy[sear] (Post 10890856)
It is not an "accident" that you drove down that road at 85+ miles an hour. It is wasn't an "accident" when you wrecked your car.

So true. OP is still young, his brain is still developing...what was everyone expecting from someone his age? Ppl's brains don't fully appreciate risks until they are 25; hence the insurance rate drop. That said, OP you are blessed to be alive. You got a free pass on this one...don't do it again.

AcuraStyle 05-12-2009 05:20 PM

must be nice to be rich.. buying a Z right after you wreck a 25k car....