Removing chrome trim on hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017 | 01:40 PM
Advanced

Removing chrome trim on hood

So I needed to remove the black chrome trim on the leading edge of my hood recently. My experience told me to look for fasteners where I quickly found the four rubber plugs on the underside which lead to access to remove the four nuts retaining the piece. However it became clear there was one more retaining piece of hardware on the nose of the trim and it lacked any access. I poke around through the holes in the area and felt the backside of it through an adjacent access hole used to remove the nuts. Unable to see how it might be released I made the assumption it was just a snap-in retainer and carefully tried to release it as I pulled the trim. The square base which was inserted into the back of the trim piece broke as it came off and now I have a broken retainer still in place. I found one thread that confirmed one must just pull on it to release it but I wanted to reach out to verify that.
Old 08-22-2017 | 01:54 PM

i could never find the last hidden bolt....the 4 that are hidden behind the grommits are easy....but thats where i gave up on mine and just kept the chrome trim
hope you get the broken peice off and replace it while finding that last bolt or whatever it's holding it down
Old 08-25-2017 | 05:55 AM
Racer

yea it slides out, i believe towards driver side i forget. I broke that clip too