AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   rattles, noise, blah blah blah... (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rattles-noise-blah-blah-blah-554165/)

jchoi19 07-01-2004 12:13 PM

rattles, noise, blah blah blah...

ever since i joined the forum, i've never seen a page without noticing ppl complaining about rattles in their cars... oh well, i don't know what to tell you.. as a 2 honda/acura cars owner, i just want to tell you to suck it up... cuz they will never go away. it's just how they are built.. at least in ohio... sad, isn't it? :shit:

HuKaShI 07-01-2004 12:19 PM

I don't understand when people keep saying to stop complaining and to suck it up.

I paid hard earned money for my car. I will complain if I want to. This is what the country is based upon. I have the freedom to bitch if I want to.

I will not suck it up as long as my dealer is willing to help remedy the rattles. When they have done all they can, then I will suck it up.

DARK6mt 07-01-2004 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by jchoi19
ever since i joined the forum, i've never seen a page without noticing ppl complaining about rattles in their cars... oh well, i don't know what to tell you.. as a 2 honda/acura cars owner, i just want to tell you to suck it up... cuz they will never go away. it's just how they are built.. at least in ohio... sad, isn't it? :shit:

??????? So you are complaining about the other complainers????? Why don't you not read or just "suck it up" as well?

mxtt 07-01-2004 01:33 PM

What the hell are you saying? Are you telling us what to say and what not to say? There are thousands of comments in this website that sounds just like yours. Many here either own Honda cars or other Acura cars. How the hell do you know whether those cars rattle or not? Many of us have legitimate reasons to share our stories here.

steve1010 07-01-2004 02:15 PM

Complaints complaints complaints

You guys should see some of the complaints for Benz. Talk about some dissatisfied owners! The comments are way worse. There's stuff on there I never thought you could complain about.

Novice 07-01-2004 02:20 PM

Any links to your favorite comments?

rets 07-01-2004 02:25 PM

jchoi19,

Check this out...

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84416

dseag2 07-01-2004 02:47 PM

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

boltjames 07-01-2004 02:51 PM

Of the 47,000 TL's in existance, only 200 of them have rattles and all of those owners have found their way to this forum to complain (as is their right by the way) about it.

If there was a forum for only happy TL owners, the newbies would not get the impression that the TL is a rattlebox as there would be 46,800 posters claiming otherwise.

BJ

rets 07-01-2004 03:43 PM

BJ, the number should be more than 56,393 now...

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85885

nick04tl 07-01-2004 03:50 PM

i agree with you totally. if you have a rattle go get it fixed. i cant wait until there is more useful info on this site and less complaining. we should be sharing info about upgades or how the new brand x aftermarket part is. not bitching about rattles.

Novice 07-01-2004 04:07 PM

I just don't think there is any reason to "complain" about the complaints we have in this forum. I like my car and I do have minor problems (the usual rattles, headliner dropping, etc). But, all those complaints here have been most helpful to me to deal with a bit annoying problems.

boltjames 07-01-2004 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rets
BJ, the number should be more than 56,393 now...

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85885

It's amazing how well our car is selling, isn't it? Very proud of ol' Acura. Knew they had some life left in them.

BJ

jchoi19 07-01-2004 05:31 PM

aight, guys.. it wasn't my intention to complain about the complainers... what i truly meant to say was.. that it really is SAD that majority of us including myself HAVE to complain about stupid rattles on so-called luxury sedan. That's all. Just like all of you, I worked hard for this car. If I by any mean pissed off anyone, then I am sorry. BUT, at the same time, there isn't so much dealers can do... this is coming from my experience. so, i just decided to adapt myself to it... you have all the right to complain about rattles all you want, but sooner or later, you will find yourself complaining about it until you sell the car. let's be positive, it's better for our health.

rets 07-01-2004 05:34 PM

U're good, man...

aight, guys.. it wasn't my intention to complain about the complainers... what i truly meant to say was.. that it really is SAD that majority of us including myself HAVE to complain about stupid rattles on so-called luxury sedan. That's all. Just like all of you, I worked hard for this car. If I by any mean pissed off anyone, then I am sorry. BUT, at the same time, there isn't so much dealers can do... this is coming from my experience. so, i just decided to adapt myself to it... you have all the right to complain about rattles all you want, but sooner or later, you will find yourself complaining about it until you sell the car.

boltjames 07-01-2004 05:50 PM

aight, guys.. it wasn't my intention to complain about the complainers... what i truly meant to say was.. that it really is SAD that majority of us including myself HAVE to complain about stupid rattles on so-called luxury sedan. That's all. Just like all of you, I worked hard for this car. If I by any mean pissed off anyone, then I am sorry. BUT, at the same time, there isn't so much dealers can do... this is coming from my experience. so, i just decided to adapt myself to it... you have all the right to complain about rattles all you want, but sooner or later, you will find yourself complaining about it until you sell the car. let's be positive, it's better for our health.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you drive a 1999 TL, right? So what purpose do you have coming into the Gen 3 forum other than to stir up trouble? Your TL is not a luxury sedan; prior to 2004 the TL was more or less a step-up Accord, nothing special, so if yours rattles it doesn't surprise us.

BJ

jchoi19 07-01-2004 05:59 PM

is this guy serious?

Originally Posted by boltjames
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you drive a 1999 TL, right? So what purpose do you have coming into the Gen 3 forum other than to stir up trouble? Your TL is not a luxury sedan; prior to 2004 the TL was more or less a step-up Accord, nothing special, so if yours rattles it doesn't surprise us.

BJ

jchoi19 07-01-2004 06:02 PM

BJ

and btw, i was considering to get a new TL And now, i am concerned that if i get a new TL, people will stereotype me as one of jerks like you.

Aegir 07-01-2004 07:15 PM

Some people come here to whine and complain, more come here looking for help or to share solutions. Rattles are not uncommon in any car. It's not complaining to talk about them and try to do something about it. The biggest complaints I've heard have not been about rattles but dealers who have been unable to satisfactorily provide a solution. That is incredibly frustrating and people have every right to complain when it happens.

1SICKLEX 07-01-2004 07:50 PM

That is the dumbest thing I've read in a couple of months. Let's review:
1999-2003 TL
Based on Accord, Fake Wood, Fast as hell, 34k in Type-S form, only option Nav, built in Ohio, rattles, and tranny failures=recall.
2004-2008
Based on Accord, Fake Wood, Fast as hell, 35k, only option Nav, built in Ohio, rattles, and tranny failures=recall.
Now the new TL does have a better interior but it's still not a luxury car and if you feel your car is special, we are happy. :love:

Because some of us think your "special" :sqnteek: :fluffy: :ghey: :D

acuraddict 07-01-2004 08:42 PM

Bolt James strikes again

There goes old boltjames making enemies every time his fingers hit the keyboard. What piece of work this guy is. Dude! Why are you such a J? :nono:

nick04tl 07-01-2004 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by acuraddict
There goes old boltjames making enemies every time his fingers hit the keyboard. What piece of work this guy is. Dude! Why are you such a J? :nono:

i think you meant to say piece of sh*t. bolt james is just the next silverbulletcls. he is probably sitting at his computer laughing at how funny him and his posts are. lol.

Aegir 07-01-2004 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by nick04tl
i think you meant to say piece of sh*t. bolt james is just the next silverbulletcls. he is probably sitting at his computer laughing at how funny him and his posts are. lol.

No, BJ has been a very strong defender of the 04 TL. It's easy to see how this thread could be perceived as "TL is a rattling crapwagon" - that was my initial take. Some flames are to be expected.

texas_acura 07-01-2004 11:14 PM

NOT TRUE!! I just got rid of an Accord Coupe with 200,000 miles that had two rattles and they both developed after 100,000 miles. Honda/Acura makes good stuff, but like EVERY car maker there are going to be a few that aren't perfect.

I just got my TL a week ago...I have been driving around without any music on just trying to find rattles and I cannot find a single one. I have even found the bumpiest roads that I know of and still not a single rattle.

I do believe that your car may have rattles, but that doesn't give you the right to make a blanket statement like "it's just how they are built."

Teh Jatt 07-01-2004 11:56 PM

this thread is great.

:fluffy: :popcorn:

JetJock 07-02-2004 08:55 AM

I don't have any rattles...and I'm on my 4th Acura. They have all been almost rattle free except for the cup holder on a 94 Legend. The 04TL is about as perfect as a mass produced car can be. I'm really happy with the car so far.

Xpditor 07-05-2004 01:22 AM

Luv my TL

Originally Posted by JetJock
I don't have any rattles...and I'm on my 4th Acura. They have all been almost rattle free except for the cup holder on a 94 Legend. The 04TL is about as perfect as a mass produced car can be. I'm really happy with the car so far.

I have had my TL since April. I have also spent time listening for rattles. I had two. The first one was my DVD-A jewel cases in the door pocket. The second was a water bottle in the drink holder in the center console. IOW, any rattles are ones that I caused.

I have been over, under, and thru my car with tooth picks and Q-tips, detailing anything that wasn't rotating. I spent 10 hours doing so the day after delivery. I cannot find a flaw, a crack, a scratch, a paint run, a smear of glue, bad spot on the leather, a mismatched seam, a gap. I am astounded that a mass produced car could have this kind of quality. I am spoiled forever.

Let me correct that. I found a speck of tar about the size of the period at the end of this sentence on my right rear wheel. I would bitch but it might have happened on the way home from the dealer.

I have had lot of cars but none that were delivered to me in such perfect condition as this LUXURY TL.

I am aware that some of you NON-TL drivers think that a car has to cost a certain amount of money or have a certain name to be "luxury". To you, I would say, "What's in a name? Would not a rose, by any other name, smell as sweet?" :love:

An ex partner of mine had a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud which developed several annoying rattles and squeaks. He said it was just part of the character of the car and as long as R-R was willing to fix them as often as they developed, he was happy. Who am I to expect more from Acura?

My TL may develop rattles or whatever in time. But right now, I couldn't ask for a more perfect car except for not displaying the data on CDs and DVDs that I'm listening to. It's not broken. It just doesn't do it. An oversight. :rolleyes:

XP

fsttyms1 07-05-2004 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is the dumbest thing I've read in a couple of months. Let's review:
1999-2003 TL
Based on Accord, Fake Wood, Fast as hell, 34k in Type-S form, only option Nav, built in Ohio, rattles, and tranny failures=recall.
2004-2008
Based on Accord, Fake Wood, Fast as hell, 35k, only option Nav, built in Ohio, rattles, and tranny failures=recall.
Now the new TL does have a better interior but it's still not a luxury car and if you feel your car is special, we are happy. :love:

Because some of us think your "special" :sqnteek: :fluffy: :ghey: :D

SHOULD THAT SURPRISE YOU???? IT CAME FROM BJ. the guy only knows how to talk out his ass.
oh and my 2nd GEN has NO rattles and i drive mine hard!

boltjames 07-05-2004 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
SHOULD THAT SURPRISE YOU???? IT CAME FROM BJ. the guy only knows how to talk out his ass.
oh and my 2nd GEN has NO rattles and i drive mine hard!

I don't talk out of my ass. I've owned over 10 different Honda/Acura products since 1989, I am the target demographic for the TL, and I know exactly what I'm talking about. My opinion counts; counts far more, I'd argue, than most of the 20 year olds driving daddy's old wheels turing them into pseudo-ricers that frequent this forum.

The Gen 2 TL cannot be compared to the Gen 3 TL in any fashion. It was a step-up Accord designed for the soccer mom looking for a bit more luxury and a better badge. A more affordable RL but without any sophistication. It's styling was simply a 1992 Vigor with a more rounded body. Was it a nice car? Sure. Was it the second-coming of the Legend coupe? Hell no. Is the current 2004 TL breaking all sorts of sales records because the Gen 2 TL bored the hell out of ex-Legend owners who didn't adjust to the RL either? Hell yes.

The Gen 2er's in here all seem to be youngsters with mom's hand-me-down old TL. That's cool. You want to talk mods, you want to talk performance, you want to race between stop signs, you want to impress the shorties with your dubs.....that's cool. For you.

Mr. 1SICKLEX drives an ancient Lexus but somehow is an expert on the 2004 TL he can't afford. You drive an old TL but somehow want to discredit the next generation that is markedly better in every way. Whatever gets you boys through the night. If it helps you sleep better, good for you. Your cars are bland and all the chrome and debadging and lowering isn't going to change that. Accept the fact that you drive nice, pedestrian cars and stop trying to belittle those of us that can afford and relish the latest technology, the latest features, and the latest styling. We have every right to be just as proud of our exciting new rides as much as you have every right to be proud of your aging grocery getters.

BJ

PeterUbers 07-05-2004 10:25 AM

I was test driving a 2003 BMW M3 this weekend. It had its fair share of rattles... when my buddy took a turn driving and I was sitting in the back seat, there were TONS of creaks and rattles.

And.. uh.. doesn't that cost $50,000 of your hard earned dollars?

People need to realize that they should have DONE THEIR HOMEWORK by coming online PRIOR to purchasing their vehicles, like intelligent consumers routinely do these days. There is an abundane of information online, and I laugh at thread starters that are SHOCKED by the rattles in the $34,000 TL .. if you were so intelligent, you'd have investigated the issues w/ the current TL, and fricken gone out and bought another, better built vehicle.

I think more of you complainers should have gone the ES330 route... the car suits your needs much more, cuz quite frankly, I don't think the 6MT owners give two sh--ts about rattles when they're chirping into 2nd and 3rd... or when they're shifting into 2nd at the apex and ripping out of a turn...

mxtt 07-05-2004 10:44 AM

I was too dumb to convince myself to buy something else (other than TL) depiste college+graduate+post-graduate education. Not everyone here is whining about rattles etc. Some just want to fix these problems. Excluding those kids who have rich parents, the price of TL is still somewhat high for hard working 30+ people. So, I guess for the first time Acura buyers, like myself, expect a bit more from Acura especially if one didn't have any of the rattle issues in his/her previous cars (like Accords).

hopsterguy 07-05-2004 11:39 AM

Are you just mad because you didn't take care of the rattles in time w/ that 5 year old car and now you are stuck with them???

TLGator 07-05-2004 12:33 PM

Mr. 1SICKLEX drives an ancient Lexus but somehow is an expert on the 2004 TL he can't afford. You drive an old TL but somehow want to discredit the next generation that is markedly better in every way. Whatever gets you boys through the night.

Amen, bro. We have several people on this forum who actually own '04 TLs and have some legit complaints that are worthy of discussion and which hopefully get resolved. But what's up with all the lurkers on this forum who neither own an '04 TL nor are in the market for one? Why are they here? Because of a nasty four-letter word.

Envy.

They can't live with the fact that they don't own an '04 TL so they have to bash it. How ridiculous. Funny that I'm not on any G35 forums, or BMW forums, or any Chevrolet or Ford or Chrysler forums. I could bash other cars. But you know what? I'm too happy with my '04 TL to waste my time on that nonsense.

I like to chat here with other '04 TL owners and probable owners, and then I like to drive my TL. I don't give a fuck if someone else thinks it's a crappy car, I don't give a fuck what any second-gen owner thinks or any Lexus owner or an Infiniti owner or anyone else for that matter. I don't give a fuck because I love my '04 TL.

Xpditor 07-05-2004 01:00 PM

Anybody named "Gator" can't be all bad!

Originally Posted by TLGator
Amen, bro. We have several people on this forum who actually own '04 TLs and have some legit complaints that are worthy of discussion and which hopefully get resolved. But what's up with all the lurkers on this forum who neither own an '04 TL nor are in the market for one? Why are they here? Because of a nasty four-letter word.

Envy.

They can't live with the fact that they don't own an '04 TL so they have to bash it. How ridiculous. Funny that I'm not on any G35 forums, or BMW forums, or any Chevrolet or Ford or Chrysler forums. I could bash other cars. But you know what? I'm too happy with my '04 TL to waste my time on that nonsense.

And the chorus said: "AMEN!"

I joined the Club Lexus board when I ordered my new RX330. I challenged a link provided by 1SICKLEX in a post wherein he was calling Acuras "Cardboard Accords made from White Castle boxes."

Because I didn't immediately harmonize and sing the praises of Lexus and join the circle jerk, I was banned- after ONE post. Mind you, I didn't say anything negative about Lexus because I think they are good cars. I just bought one. I dared to challenge the bashing of Acuras.

So, I suggest the reason that three of the Club Lexus moderators come over here regularly (including 1SICKLEX) is to experience freedom of speech, to practice their classism, and because, in a vicarious way, it's as close as they're going to get to owning one of the world's finest automobiles.

XP

boltjames 07-05-2004 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Xpditor
And the chorus said: "AMEN!"

I joined the Club Lexus board when I ordered my new RX330. I challenged a link provided by 1SICKLEX in a post wherein he was calling Acuras "Cardboard Accords made from White Castle boxes."

Because I didn't immediately harmonize and sing the praises of Lexus and join the circle jerk, I was banned- after ONE post. Mind you, I didn't say anything negative about Lexus because I think they are good cars. I just bought one. I dared to challenge the bashing of Acuras.

So, I suggest the reason that three of the Club Lexus moderators come over here regularly (including 1SICKLEX) is to experience freedom of speech, to practice their classism, and because, in a vicarious way, it's as close as they're going to get to owning one of the world's finest automobiles.

XP

As long as Mr. 1SICK drives this....

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/14/91/75_1_b.JPG

.....I give him no credit whatsoever for criticizing this.....

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i11/01/a/02/0f/cb/69_4.JPG

Those who wear ripped WalMart jeans surely are not capable of helping you shop at the Ralph Lauren store now are they?

BJ

TLGator 07-06-2004 12:37 PM

Gators are all good!

Originally Posted by Xpditor

Hallelujah!

dseag2 07-06-2004 03:08 PM

As long as Mr. 1SICK drives this....

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/14/91/75_1_b.JPG

.....I give him no credit whatsoever for criticizing this.....

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i11/01/a/02/0f/cb/69_4.JPG

BJ

:stupid: :werd:

1SICKLEX 07-06-2004 10:27 PM

Mr. 1SICKLEX drives an ancient Lexus but somehow is an expert on the 2004 TL he can't afford. You drive an old TL but somehow want to discredit the next generation that is markedly better in every way. Whatever gets you boys through the night. If it helps you sleep better, good for you. Your cars are bland and all the chrome and debadging and lowering isn't going to change that. Accept the fact that you drive nice, pedestrian cars and stop trying to belittle those of us that can afford and relish the latest technology, the latest features, and the latest styling. We have every right to be just as proud of our exciting new rides as much as you have every right to be proud of your aging grocery getters
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...hreadid=120556
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...hreadid=123146 (pics)

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...141#post753141 (PICS)

Just one meet with some of our inferior cars in your area. :dunno: :dunno: Notice its BMW, Benz and Lexus. :toocool:

Maybe you'll one day run into a guy up there that knows me. He'll be glad to tell you what I can or cannot "afford". :love:

Xpditor 07-06-2004 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Maybe you'll one day run into a guy up there that knows me. He'll be glad to tell you what I can or cannot "afford". :love:

:jack: :boring: :minister: :lame: :violin: :loser:

Aquineas 07-07-2004 06:35 AM

BJ

First of all, the 04 TL is just a stepped up Accord as well. Secondly, my wife's 04 Accord doesn't squeak and rattle nearly as much as my TL. So, what exactly is your point in referencing the Accord?