Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattles located and fix's. LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles located and fix's. LOOK

HEY everyone .. I always felt like since its been getting colder that its a war or battle with my car and its rattles. So I decided I wuldnt stop tll I found the most complained about ones...

1. Sub Rattle-

-Open trunk, take off the upper felt lining. You will see a bunch of circles and oval shapes. There should be a small circle, one in the middle somewere look for it and while your playing music press up into it. It will stop. Stuff sum dynamat or foam padding in there no more rattle .. also you might have the rattle still, but not as loud. Look deeper in the trunk more you will see the seatbelt harness that also rattles I have no fix for this yet, but if you go to you're dealer make them do a better job on tightening it and I think you'll have that rattle fixed.

2. Under nav rattle-

-Can be solved by leaving trays open but if you put a foam insulation in between it stops .. also the one by the cup holders and shifter. None thought it culd but its the e-brake button. Hold it right or left tightly and it stops. Also silicon spray every crack by the shiftplate and cracks all over the car. Rattles vanish just be careful around instrument cluster..

3. Under foot by pedals rattle-

- Its the top plate that holds the wires from hitting your leg or your leg for hittin the wires .. whatever . foam insulate that so when it hits its soft..

4. Door rattles-

Its the sunglass holders glue /tape/ foam insulate/ dynamat;;; do sumtin that isnt messy that holds it in one place when finished silicon spray ..

5. Seatbelt rattles-

If you tap around see if its the actual harness or the plastic surrounding it. Either way foam insulate one spot of it so that it doesnt bounce anymore and walaa

6. Another trunk rattle-

-Open trunk take the felt lining off the trunk itself and you will see a wire. Wrap it up in foam or sumthin soft. Its whenever the bass hits it, it hits the metal and makes a buzzing rattle.

7. Another bass rattle buzz in the back

The freakin rear brake light inside the car .. this is hard plastic that rattles against the window. this is fixed by foam insulate or get the clear silicone glue that dries like gel and apply with a q tip in one spot like a dot in the middle

Last edited by LoveMyTL-S; 03-11-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Fixed, somewhat
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 AM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy, this one sure is difficult to read. Can a Mod clean up the grammar a bit?
Old 03-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmn4667
Boy, this one sure is difficult to read. Can a Mod clean up the grammar a bit?
You don't "read" posts like that; you interpret them. A few of the children that post in this forum have a peculiar communication style.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Cruisin'

Nice post regardless. Children or not, shouldn't everyone be encourged to contribute if they think they can? I think so. Good post.
The following users liked this post:
Corey_Straker (09-19-2014)
Old 03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Instructor

I think many already addressed the above issues (all) previously and the solutions were posted.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

"...Nice post regardless. Children or not, shouldn't everyone be encourged to contribute if they think they can? I think so. Good post..."

I agree with Akim. At least it is a valid and constructive submission. It beats the hell out of some of the crap that gets posted here.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bucky O and akim...............I agree completely with you guys. I don't have any problem with the content of the post and I would encourage anyone to make their views known. All I am saying is that if some folks would sharpen their communication skills it would be helpful to readers.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:28 AM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Originally Posted by akim31
Nice post regardless. Children or not, shouldn't everyone be encourged to contribute if they think they can? I think so. Good post.
I wasn't criticizing his post. I just want to be able to read the thing because I am interested in this fix.

Gees, chill out!
Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by akim31
Originally Posted by Bucky O
I agree with Akim. At least it is a valid and constructive submission. It beats the hell out of some of the crap that gets posted here.
Originally Posted by Repecat
Bucky O and akim...............I agree completely with you guys. I don't have any problem with the content of the post and I would encourage anyone to make their views known. All I am saying is that if some folks would sharpen their communication skills it would be helpful to readers.
Well said.

ravingstylez, thank you so much for the details. It's good to see someones sharing this info to all of us. Even though most of them are well-known issues/fixes, we're pleased to know that Acura dealers find ways to fix them now.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Originally Posted by rets
Well said.

ravingstylez, thank you so much for the details. It's good to see someones sharing this info to all of us. Even though most of them are well-known issues/fixes, we're pleased to know that Acura dealers find ways to fix them now.
Did you even read my post? He definitely has some valid points, but it's very hard to make out his point some times because of the poor grammar. I think a lot people can benefit from his post if the grammar was cleaned up a bit. Can you do that or not? If not, just say so. That's all I'm asking.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah the points.... they should include some duct tape and silicon spray when you take delivery of your car...
Old 03-06-2005, 01:04 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by ravingstylez
3. under foot by pedals rattle-

- its the top plate that holds the wires from hitti your leg or yoru leg for hittin the wires .. watever . foam insulate that so when it hits its soft..
Ah, yes, my favorite rattle. This top plate has a little nub at the front of the plate (towards the front of the car). It already has a piece of felt around it, but I had to put some foam weatherstripping underneath it so when it bounced around, it didn't actually rattle. And guess what - it actually worked. I haven't heard this rattle in a few months now.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Not our policy

We don't like to change people's posting unless they ask us to or unless they are in violation of the rules.

It's better to struggle through a unique form of communication than to mess with someone's original expression of ideas, IMHO.

Want to borrow my Rosetta Stone?
The following users liked this post:
Corey_Straker (09-19-2014)
Old 03-06-2005, 02:39 PM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Want to borrow my Rosetta Stone?
Ha! I doubt that would help since whatever "language" he used is one that he made up himself.

Thanks anyway. :rippedoff
Old 03-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Racer

watever guys i can read it and undertstand it perfectly must be a staten island high school kid language because ebryone i tlk to can understand it also

when i have more time i will reiterate it in proper english ..
Old 07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

I am having difficulty locating where exactly the rattle on the 3rd brake light is coming from. I dont see where an plastic meets the back window.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
agreed...good post thanks for taking the time mangg!!