Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rattle or no rattle??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
rattle or no rattle??

I am getting frustrated with rattles in my tl. There is one that is coming from the back right of the car, every little twist or turn in the road makes it go, and its annoying. There is another rattle that starts when i am on the highway, which is located somewhere under the steering wheel area, could be the dash.

Thats the case when going to work. Apparently, when I am coming back from work, no rattles, at all.

Just made an appointment with the dealer, east brunswick acura( open road acura), told them about the vibrations around 50 mph, the roof top sticker came loose and now is hanging, alignment issue(car goes left when steering wheel dead center), and offcourse the rattles. He said they will probably replace tires, and fix the rattles after finding them, stick the velcro back on, and center the wheel.

Hopefully, everything will work out fine, and by that time I will be due for my first oil change, I am at 50% right now, driving 400 miles per week, and the appointment is in a month.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Yesterday, driving home, this small truck, hauling a trailer filled with landscaping equipment was on the right most lane, while I was going in the left most lane (total 3 lanes) on a major highway (287). Out of nowhere 3 large rocks fell from the truck. by large I mean about an inch to inch and a half wide, one was coming straight for the windshield, so I had to brake real hard, it avoided the windshield, but it got my hood, now I have two huge rock chips, they are down to the paint. I don't know what to do. I don't even know how much money its going to cost to fix it, probably going to have to repaint the hood?

Any solutions would be appreciated.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think there is anything you can do outside insurance unless you have the truck lincense plate number. If they were hauling rocks then it's likely from a local hauling company of some sort of which a lincene plate and company name can do you wonders. If you dont then I'm afraid you dont have many options left.
I keep putting this off but I'm going to put a disposable camera in my glove box and be prepared of something like that if it ever happens to me.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I HATE TRUCKS......does anyone else think that there are way too many trucks on the roads?
If they got paid by the hour, and not by the mile, and someone in the gov. had the balls to change the rules, these morons might SLOW DOWN and not cause the majority of the accidents I see everyday on the news....did I say....I HATE TRUCKS!!!!!!!