3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RANT - Buying a new TL - tricked into 'bait-n-switch' by dealer (little long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I might have missed it, but which dealer is it? I notice that your from NJ. I bought my car from Montclair Acura, absolutely no BS from them, very pleasant transaction.

There are plenty of acura dealers in NJ, go to another one.

Dave
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny.. hehe... i just got my 06 tl 4 weeks ago. I had a deal with cerritos acura of 31,5 all set with trade in of 16k and done approve by several people including the 2 managers. had to wait for the sales to go to the back lot to get the car which took 3 hours... once it got on the lot it had a small marks hint 1... second they had to look at my trade in again to see how much its worth within 12 hours of the frist price offer of 16k.. hint 2... next some stupid ass manager of who i dont know comes and pulls a fast one on me saying we can do 33k for the tl, and 13k for your trade.. wtf..... i said no way give me the deal you offer me 12 hrs ago or im out of here.. they said we cant we are the #1 acura deal bo bo bo.. i said f u, you stupid dum as* loser disabled a**..... He gets scared walks away, and i say i will never refer anyone to you... he goes into the room and locks the door... hehe... i take off go to another dealer the next day and get better service, deal, and had several tls of my exact color pick to look at.
all said and done i drive back to the cerritos acura in my 06 tl and show them my pretty looking tl.. hehe
Old 08-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by Fluid Grease
dipkat....WOW!......painfully familiar story to a lot of us! My brother has bought 4 Acuras from your hometown dealer in Princeton, they are by far the most expensive dealer out there.....but their service is awesome he says, he always has a new loaner car when his is in for the most minor service! I tried them when I bought and I beat their deal by 3G on a TL and 5G on a MDX! I wound up at Ocean Acura on Rt. 35 in Ocean, NJ and had a similar story to yours doing the Internet thing, the difference was that I had the saleswoman FAX me the deal...so when I went in there (on her day off) they gave me the same run around....then I handed them the faxed copy and they freaked out....then they put the hard sell on me for an extended warranty to get some extra money!
Yep Precision Acura of Princeton wont budge. There quote was $500 higher than the closest. Although, I have heard very positive reviews of their service dept. I will definitely go there for service.

Like someone posted earlier in this thread, this is why Acura is not seen as a premium brand. I have owned BMW, Benz, Porsche, Audi...none of them did that.....even the Cadillac dealer (Gold Coast) didn't pull that crap and that's GM! Take the deal from these guys and just have it serviced back home in Princeton....but the most important part is, ENJOY YOUR NEW RIDE! Once you get behind the wheel, all the pain subsides!.....Good Luck!
That was me. As for my Acura scoresheet;
Product : At par with other luxos ( RWD and LSD/AWD though)
Service & Sales : Poor compared to other luxos
Old 08-17-2006, 03:21 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
If anything goes wrong with this deal, call the credit card company immediately and tell them what happened so a stop can be placed on the charge to your card (for the 2K down). After all this BS, they 9dealership) should bend over backwards to get your business.

For the record, carsdirect.com has an 06 with Navi going for $32,279 (incl. destination) for zip code 08060. If you get it for $31.9K without the TTl, that's a real good deal (for NJ)- even better if they honor the 2.9% financing. I got mine for $32.8K before TTL back in March. Dealers should be more willing to part with the 06's since it's August and the 07's will be in soon.

Good luck.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
7th Gear

I had a very similar thing happen to me at the Goodson Acura dealership in Dallas. We aggred on a drive-out price of $32,246 through email. I even had him confirm it TWICE. But when he writes up the price sheet, it shows $33, 450. So I balked at that. The sales guy said he had to add on the destination charge, security package (which I NEVER asked for) and a bunch of fees. Me and my friend hammered this guy. LOL. He ran off to the GM and then came back and claimed the GM made a mistake in his math. In the end, I only agreed to pay for the tax and fees. So I got within $150 of the original quote. But then the screwed me in the finance dept by telling me they couldn't give me the price break along with Honda's 4.9%. So Honda will loose out on the loan. Not so much because the rate was high, but because they seem to be a bunch of crooks.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:26 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Marv (mumbling quietly): I guess I could give up my commission since I screwed up.
Manager (acting surprised and amazed, but very poorly): What's that Marv?! Did you say you'd be willing to give up your commission just so these fine gentlemen can get the car they came here to buy?!
Marv: I just feel so bad about this mistake and I'm willing to give up my pay for it.
Manager: Gee whiz, Marv, that's mighty fine of you. Folks, why don't we all go inside and sign some papers.
My Dad: Cut the bullshit and let's finish this thing before we change our minds.

My dad taught me all I need to know about dealing with car salespeople.

To Bluenoise, your dad is a classic- love the delivery to the managerk (that's not a misspelling)
Old 08-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by erdoc48
If anything goes wrong with this deal, call the credit card company immediately and tell them what happened so a stop can be placed on the charge to your card (for the 2K down). After all this BS, they 9dealership) should bend over backwards to get your business.
Thanks for reminding me on that. Yep, if they have already charged and the deal breaks, I am calling in fraud with my credit card company.

For the record, carsdirect.com has an 06 with Navi going for $32,279 (incl. destination) for zip code 08060. If you get it for $31.9K without the TTl, that's a real good deal (for NJ)- even better if they honor the 2.9% financing. I got mine for $32.8K before TTL back in March. Dealers should be more willing to part with the 06's since it's August and the 07's will be in soon.

Good luck.
Yeah, it's a decent deal not really the best. Some of the other forum members have had the TL (same configuration) for $31.5 K or better.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
dipkat....WOW!......painfully familiar story to a lot of us! My brother has bought 4 Acuras from your hometown dealer in Princeton, they are by far the most expensive dealer out there.....but their service is awesome he says, he always has a new loaner car when his is in for the most minor service! I tried them when I bought and I beat their deal by 3G on a TL and 5G on a MDX! I wound up at Ocean Acura on Rt. 35 in Ocean, NJ and had a similar story to yours doing the Internet thing, the difference was that I had the saleswoman FAX me the deal...so when I went in there (on her day off) they gave me the same run around....then I handed them the faxed copy and they freaked out....then they put the hard sell on me for an extended warranty to get some extra money! Like someone posted earlier in this thread, this is why Acura is not seen as a premium brand. I have owned BMW, Benz, Porsche, Audi...none of them did that.....even the Cadillac dealer (Gold Coast) didn't pull that crap and that's GM! Take the deal from these guys and just have it serviced back home in Princeton....but the most important part is, ENJOY YOUR NEW RIDE! Once you get behind the wheel, all the pain subsides!.....Good Luck!
Haha....similar for me, too. Bought my car at Ocean, they screwed around with the finance rate but I got them to agree to what I had asked for. I take my car to Precision in Princeton for service, never ever have a problem there and while I'd like my next car to come from them, they don't seem to deal much on price. But their service is great and I get loaners no problem even though I didn't buy the car there.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dipkat
Also, a quote is not a legal tender, the 'Bill of Sale' / Contract is. Legally,
the dealership does not have sell you at the quoted price.
Depends how they went about it. I actually got faxed the quote in the form of a document tha broke down all the charges. In this particular case, once they collected money from me, they were obligated. All it takes to create a contract is for money to change hands. I guess the difference comes down to what it is they collect from you. Down payment != deposit. In my case I was talking about a down payment, not a deposit.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by maluskills
avs007 - giving a deposit is NOT a contract, and you could not charge them with a breach of contract unless there was an actual contract...I left deposits at 4 different dealerships for my TL before I bought mine...a deposit is usually just to let the dealership know you're serious, nothing is final until you've signed all the paperwork..
I was talking about a down payment, not a deposit.

Didn't they draw up the paperwork, and then collect money from you? In my case they created the paperwork, and fedexed the documents to me, and I gave them my credit card. Meanwhile they backed out. I consulted an attorney, and they said I had grounds for breach of contract. We were able to settle out of court when I presented this to the other party.

Edit: Just to clarify, they faxed me basically the same thing they fed-exed to me, to get signatures...
Old 08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Booya

In my case, he swiped my card earlier, even before the paperwork was established. When I asked his reason was; "Please trust me. I want to send you home with the car today. The cashier goes home in 10 mins and if I cannot swipe the card right now, the deal will be pending until tomorrow". In effect my $2000 that he has right now is a deposit. I knew at that point that there's something fishy going on.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Good luck with the deal tonight, hope it all works out. What color combo did you get?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:52 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Hi Dipkat,

I am in suburb of Phila., PA. Just picked up (8-04-2006) wife's 06 TL Auto w/Nav for $31, 195.00 before tax, registration, tag. Also got, splash guards, wheel locks, body side moldings included at no extra cost. You are right, could not convince the dealer to honor 2.9% for 36 months. It was either 1000 factory to dealer extension or 2.9% at higher price of the car.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
'06 NBP TL 6spd

Originally Posted by Will Y.
And read everything before signing!!!

Remember that the dealer swiped your card for $2000, so that should be credited.

Watch out for funny business or unexplained fees on the paperwork such as the $395 "documentation fee" one Honda dealer tried to charge us instead of the standard $35-$45 fee.
Good luck!

Eh? Is everyone I know getting screwed? I live in AZ and almost all the dealers have a 365 doc fee, the only one different was a 285 and the salesman proclaimed that as the lowest around?

i'm confused?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Excess doc fees did not include TTL... Hope AZ doc fees do!

Originally Posted by realfresh
Eh? Is everyone I know getting screwed? I live in AZ and almost all the dealers have a 365 doc fee, the only one different was a 285 and the salesman proclaimed that as the lowest around?

i'm confused?
I hope you in AZ are paying a "doc fee" that INCLUDES title and/or license fees. My TL license fee was between $250 and $300.

The $395 "documentation fee" that a Honda dealer tried to charge for selling an Odyssey to me was IN ADDITION TO taxes, title fee and license fees. I was charged between $30 and $45 in doc fees each by 4 other car dealers on new cars, not $100+, let alone $395. We walked out, then the dealership called to apologize for the "mistake" and we went back to finish the paperwork, with a $35 doc fee. Dealership was trying to get additional money; we cut a pretty good deal on the minivan.

FYI, the "documentation" for purchase of cars that I recall are sales contract, financing form, odometer statement and one or two other little forms, all of which are computer generated and spit out of a printer after about 10 minutes of data input. The docs took more time to fill out by hand before computers, obviously, but the doc fee has not decreased.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro

Yep, I guess I have 'sucker' written over my forehead.

My next best quote is $400 above theirs. I might as well give the other dealership my business. The whole experience has shuddered me to the bone. Makes me wonder, what if any is the guarantee that the next dealership will not do something similiar !? I guess all deals are incomplete until you drive home with car.
NOPE.... not even when you drive home...

A few years back, my brother and I took my mom to buy a Chevy.. he was with a company that had 'employee pricing', but it would affect his taxes... so, we negotiate a price for the car with the backup that if they did not deal, we would just order one for the employee pricing and they only get $500... we do the deal, write the check, wait FOREVER for them to get the car etc. etc....

Well, a couple of days later they call asking for the form for the employee pricing... now, we have signed EVERYTHING when we bought it.... lots of paperwork.. I said 'show me where it says we were to provide this paper'... they brought out some mumbo jumbo about the price they put in some line etc... I said that does not say anything about us giving you anything... they said, the deal is off.... bring the car back... I said, no, come and get it... my mom will give you the keys when you give us her check back.. they threatened us again.. and I said, OK we will be bringing back the car in 15 minutes.. well, they finally backed down, but it was a bad taste in your mouth..

Well, guess what their survey showed???
Old 08-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Booya

And finally ... dealer honored the original deal, got my new car

Firstly, thanks to all friends on the forum for their valuable input. It really helped me keep my nerve till the end and complete the transaction.

So, in the end and after 24 hours of suspense and deliberations the dealer finally honored the agreed upon deal.

My new car; 06 TL, Albaster Silver Metallic with ebony interior, Auto with Navi.
The dealer; Marty Sussman Acura, Maple Shade, NJ (outside Phila, next to Cherry Hill)

Will post pictures soon.

I walked into the dealership at 7:00 pm and the car was ready. Both, the sales person and his manager apologized for the confusion and requested me to put all behind me. After signing all the paper work and taking posession of the car, the sales manager requests me to give him a '5' on the Acura survey that will be coming shortly. He throws a bone at me, a free oil change, if he can get a '5'. The sales person calls me on my cell shortly requesting the same.

In general they were very apologetic and friendly today and the transaction was completed without further delay.

Now that I have my new car, I give a rats arse about the dealer. Will be putting the whole experience behind and try to enjoy my new car. Thanks to everyone on joining the ride since yesterday. Every comment/opinion has been very valuable and helpful.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Booya

Exclamation Another interesting happened last night

When we went in to sign the final paperwork, I was surprised to find from thr finance manager that the loan at 2.9% APR for 36 months was not being processed by American Honda Finance. It was to be Sovereign Bank. I didnt mind the change as Sovereign is a reputed bank and the terms were unchanged. In hindsight, if I was told earlier about the change, I would know what to expect. Just tells you again, you cannot trust dealers to be open and honest.

In this case, I know for sure the finance mamnger pitted the local Sovereign Bank against Honda Finance to make a cut, atleast 1 full percentage point, on selling my loan to the bank.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:59 AM
06 Anthracite TL

It sounds like you did well overall- I also bought mine from that dealership (when they were going for invoice (3/2006- I paid $32.8K). I also pitted Capital One vs. Honda Financing. Honda won with a lower rate (remember there were no special financing deals then) and got mine for 5 years at 5.19% (but is's actually Bank of America that services the loan). My transaction was like buying a loaf of bread. I didn't even have to put down a deposit. I asked for a lower rate than the invoice, but they wouldn't budge- back then, it was for clearing inventory, not for the new 07's. Next time, I might wait until August or September to buy a car.
Good job overall.
Enjoy the ride.
Also, make sure you have that 'Free oil change' in writing- I was told the same thing, but they wouldn't honor it since I didn't have it on paper.

Also, I took my car to Willis Honda in Burlington, NJ for its 1st oil change this week. I provided Mobil 1 5W-20 and a Mobil 1 filter (M-110 if you're interested)- the oil change was $15 including the tax. I had my old 00TL serviced there as well. Best service as far as I'm concerned. Acura wanted $30 for the same thing.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
The Boss

Boy I just read the entire thread word for word............
dipkat... I suggest now that you have your new car... you should send the manager and salesman an email with a copy of this thread. Let them know they can't try to pull that shit again on another customer. Because 1 bad customer report, entire Acura forum knows!

I'm glad you got your car and the deal went through. Best of luck and hopefully your vehicle won't have any problems.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Cruisin'

Sucks that an Acura dealer would treat you this way. I am on my second TL from the same dealer and have had a good exerience both times. Not all dealers are the same. Now you need to crush then when the Acura rep calls to ask how the sales process went. 600 miles on my '06 TL and loving it, enjoy yours!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Angry Hiway Robbery

Originally Posted by realfresh

i'm confused?
The "document fees" or "dealer fees" are total bullshit, a scam, and discretionary to the dealer. IOW, he makes them up to boost his profit after he has quoted you a price.

Many dealers have it printed right on the order form. If presented to me, I cross them off. I flat refuse to pay this extortion. It's not an Acura thing. Most car dealers in big cities try it.

You will get the excuse from the salesman: "If I bought a car here, even I would have to pay it."

Bullshit.

Just tell them to take it off, or, at least, to add the same amount on to the discount so that it goes away. If they tell you the law requires it (it does NOT), ask to see the law. This is a pet peeve of mine.

They will almost never disclose this fee during negotiations and wait until the last minute to pop it on you as if it's normal and everyone pays it. Everyone doesn't.

So, during negotiations, I suggest you tell them that you want ALL quoted prices to INCLUDE any dealer of document fees.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:55 AM
10th Gear

Sussman Acura

Funny you mentioned Sussman Acura. I got mine from PA Sussman Acura at $31195.00 for the same car that you purchased from NJ Sussman.

Funnier thing is that my wife's Acura was from NJ Sussman Acura as PA Sussman did not have the color she wanted. (The sticker said the Delivery Point was NJ Sussman.).

Also PA Sussman offers as STD, the 1st oil change + 1st detail and Lifetime State Inspection services. See if you can get that from NJ Sussman....

Anyway now that U got the TL, enjoy!!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Booya

Good job overall.
Enjoy the ride.
Also, make sure you have that 'Free oil change' in writing- I was told the same thing, but they wouldn't honor it since I didn't have it on paper.
Thanks. Guess, I still cannot trust them to give me the free oil change, will definitely take a free voucher from them.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
Boy I just read the entire thread word for word............
dipkat... I suggest now that you have your new car... you should send the manager and salesman an email with a copy of this thread. Let them know they can't try to pull that shit again on another customer. Because 1 bad customer report, entire Acura forum knows!
Good idea. Do you think these sales people even know of Acurazine in general ?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by Stackman
Sucks that an Acura dealer would treat you this way. I am on my second TL from the same dealer and have had a good exerience both times. Not all dealers are the same. Now you need to crush then when the Acura rep calls to ask how the sales process went. 600 miles on my '06 TL and loving it, enjoy yours!
Indeed I will. I wonder if the dealership gets to know how we scored them on the survery !?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:58 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Congrats on getting the new car. I wouldn't be surprised if they not only know about this forum, they saw your thread and decided it wasn't worth messing with you anymore.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by khfactor
Funny you mentioned Sussman Acura. I got mine from PA Sussman Acura at $31195.00 for the same car that you purchased from NJ Sussman.

Funnier thing is that my wife's Acura was from NJ Sussman Acura as PA Sussman did not have the color she wanted. (The sticker said the Delivery Point was NJ Sussman.).

Also PA Sussman offers as STD, the 1st oil change + 1st detail and Lifetime State Inspection services. See if you can get that from NJ Sussman....

Anyway now that U got the TL, enjoy!!
They do have the Sussman Advantage Package that is offered complimentary for all verhicles purchased from them. Do I need to get some kind of vouchers/written note from them to actually get this ?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
10th Gear

Print out the Sussman Advantage Package brouchure and keep it in the glove compartment. Show them the print out of the Advantage plan when you bring your car in for an oil change.

Also, do not forget that they require you to attend customer orientation or some BS session where you need to come in for an hour or so in order for you to qualify for the advantage program. Those are not spelled out anywhere, so you need to ASK the SERVICE write up guy as to WHEN their new customer ORIENTATION training is. Where I am, they said it is 7:00 PM on 3rd thursday of everymonth.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Not a dude.

Good idea. Do you think these sales people even know of Acurazine in general ?

I bet they know all about this board. They probably don't read everything obsessively like we do but when there are threads like yours, dealing with sales, I imagine they read every word.

Props to you for hanging in there and holding them to their quote. The bastards. I hate car salesmen, doesn't matter what kind of dealership, they're all smiling thieves. That's one of the main reasons I bought my TL "previously owned," so I wouldn't have to go through what you went through. Yeah, they're real nice as long as you're paying too much.

But the main thing is, Congratulations on the new car! Get off this board and go driving, man!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Advanced

Wow, a lot of hate for the car salesman on this board. haha I'm a car salesman my self, and probably the most honest and helpful one you'll ever meet. I'm 20 years old and live at home...I could care less if I sell a car to you or not, sure its nice to sell you though. My main interest is getting customers a car they like at a fair price. A lot of times, I try to discount the car for my customers and my managers bitch at me for giving away money. I actually do pretty well, better than most of the "veterans" I work with too. I think honesty and integrity goes a long way. What dipkat went through is something I would not let be pulled on one of my deals. I wouldn't even have bought a car from them....and SURELY DONT GIVE THEM 5'S ON THEIR SURVEY!!! This is a HUGE deal, and make sure Acura and upper management know about your dilemma. It's not like they can do anything to you now, right? Our manager gives us hell if we get any unsatisfactory mark on our surveys.....Have fun with it, I love my 04.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mmcv6
funny.. hehe... i just got my 06 tl 4 weeks ago. I had a deal with cerritos acura of 31,5 all set with trade in of 16k and done approve by several people including the 2 managers. had to wait for the sales to go to the back lot to get the car which took 3 hours... once it got on the lot it had a small marks hint 1... second they had to look at my trade in again to see how much its worth within 12 hours of the frist price offer of 16k.. hint 2... next some stupid ass manager of who i dont know comes and pulls a fast one on me saying we can do 33k for the tl, and 13k for your trade.. wtf..... i said no way give me the deal you offer me 12 hrs ago or im out of here.. they said we cant we are the #1 acura deal bo bo bo.. i said f u, you stupid dum as* loser disabled a**..... He gets scared walks away, and i say i will never refer anyone to you... he goes into the room and locks the door... hehe... i take off go to another dealer the next day and get better service, deal, and had several tls of my exact color pick to look at.
all said and done i drive back to the cerritos acura in my 06 tl and show them my pretty looking tl.. hehe
AMEN... Cerritos Acura... while installing my ipod link and backup sensors, they broke my radio... then they took my car for a week while they ordered a new one, and when they finally fixed it, on the way home I realized they also broke my airbag sensor. I repeatedly asked for them to top off my tire pressure, and they said they did, but a day later I got my tire pressure warning. Topped it off myself and hasn't leaked since.

Worst dealership (service) experience.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

They get paid based on your score...after all the grief, I would give them a 1.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, congrats on finally getting the car! Great color combo!!!! Too bad about the hassles.

Dave
Old 08-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Booya

Angry

Originally Posted by BoostedAWD
What dipkat went through is something I would not let be pulled on one of my deals. I wouldn't even have bought a car from them....and SURELY DONT GIVE THEM 5'S ON THEIR SURVEY!!! This is a HUGE deal, and make sure Acura and upper management know about your dilemma. It's not like they can do anything to you now, right? Our manager gives us hell if we get any unsatisfactory mark on our surveys.....Have fun with it, I love my 04.
Thanks. definitely a 0, if I can. I checked my car this morning and I find that the car has not been detailed properly; there is some residue left-over from the glue tape, the dash has dust on it, the DVD-Audio sampler CD that Acura provides is missing. Bastards .. and the sales person and his manager have the nerve to approach me and ask me to give them a 5 on the survey .... my arse.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Booya

Lesson learned. Never take delivery of the car at night time. Towards dealership closing time, they are in a hurry to finish the transaction at the expense of sacrificing customer service and quality of delivery.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

thats bull shit

Dude, seriously if I were you I would have told them to screw off, these guys wonna jip you for another $1000 well now you guys(dealer) just jipped themselves from your money and business...

Seriously, $35000 is a lot to dick around with scumb sales people like that...
Old 08-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Dealer loses a lot of money and creditibility when you send in a survey that is not all 5's.

Nail them with 0's and never look back. But get your CD before sending it in.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

bribe you with a free oil change for giving them "5"?
damn shame on these a$$hole$!

How about a life time free oil change for not escalating this to american honda...?
-jk, like they'd care huh...!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Pro

Surveys are VERY important to any company that spends the money to give them. At my job, they also scale from 1-5, and if an employee gets a one, the RD flips and tries to make the mgr. fire them immediately. It's really not fare, but in your case, they definitely don't deserve a 5, and they should be embarassed/ashmed for trying to bribe a 5 out of you...they could have just done a better job treating you and actually EARNED the 5.

As a side note, I dealt with a salesman who quoted me the wrong price on my TL, it was actually for a non-navi, and they honored the $1,000 less price.

Quick Reply: RANT - Buying a new TL - tricked into 'bait-n-switch' by dealer (little long)