Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Racing???

Have you ever raced somebody knowing that you have cops around and anything can happen, I mean anything(accident, ticket, tow your car by cops, arrest).

I did last night. I was in antioch ca, and there are always cops on almost every corner. A bitch started tailgating me in her Corrola S, she cut somebody off and stopped next to me on stop light(She was some kind of cop or from some security company,I saw her badges) It was like a drag waiting for light to turn green. Soon we were doing 60 MPH in 30 MPH.. She was trying to cut me off But I didn't gave her enough space . She was driving like crazy just pissing everybody on the road. I decided to not to get in trouble anymore. She disappeared in a minute somewhere on freeway.

Do you like to take chances??? I DO!!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do. if i see someone trying to get around me and I'm not going slow already, I would speed up to just box them in
Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
If you are pulled over for racing in CA-
which the cops can say that passing someone on the freeway on ramp is Racing!
they add reckless driving to that- and the actual or estimated top speed- and engaging in a speed contest- and exhibition of speed
About 500-750 dollars is the fines plus 3 points on the license- 1 more and its goodbye driving for you

THEN, later- 6 months a year 2 years... if you are even found watching a street race- you MAY get your car impounded!!!! just for watching!!!!!
The original ticket conviction comes with a clause- cannot do it again- not around it- not watching in person...the cops go down to sideshows -street races in cars they got off impounds~ so they blend in- and casually video tape everyone there with plate numbers and faces and what they are doing-
then back to the station to run it all thru the computor.
About 4 am 50 tow trucks hit the streets and grab up all the cars they want.
Surprise!! you were in the wrong place wrong time- 1000 dollars to get the car back please.
And if its modded way past legal- they dont have to give it back!

Since you live in antioch, the 2 excellent choices for you are the controlled environment of Infineon Raceway wed night run what you brung drags- or Sacramento Raceway has days/nights like that all the time
Cheap- like 25 bucks to get some timed runs in- find someone you want to race or take the luck of the draw in matchups
They even help noobs learn to launch and shift properly for best times.
Give each places website a look for the next events and more info

If you really want to learn what the car will do at higher speeds and how to drive it at those speeds on a twisty rising and falling 3 mile long roadrace track- Thunderhill, in Willows- about an hour north of sac Intl. airport- straight up I-5
They just repaved the entire surface so it should be nice and smooth for a while!
High Performance Driving School- aka Track Day in the 225-285$ for a full day with several on track sessions with a pro race driver in the passenger seat giving instant feedback=corrections and tips on how to do it bettter on the next lap- sweeeet

Save the fast wild fun for the track- you are too young to die in a stupid accident when someone freaks out as you do a close cross over pass or suddenly appear in the mirror-
AND there are cops who drive plain cars and will bait you just enough.....

PLEASE Do not street race- Ca LAW is cracking down hard on it- the loss of innocent lives when there is a crash-- and you kill a teacher/mother of 3 pulling out of the shopping center...and usually one of the drivers or several of their passengers are killed or hospitalized--and guess what the insurance co will have to say about paying- since you were racing and thats illegal and unsafe- then YOU are on th ehook for everyones medical bills in the hundreds of thousands these days- plus replacing cars and yadayada
Its too easy to go to the racetrack and have fun there
which you hear all the time on the news
thats manslaughter =jail time

note- people with security/police/sheriff type badge-jackets- ID, often get a break from LE- unlike you Mr young kid with a fast car out being reckless- in the eyes of the law
Please check out the racetrack scene and learn proper driving skills
Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm with 01tl4tl. Before I used to do a lot of stupid shit on the roads, but this April all the fines were doubled(monetary and points.) So right now you get 6pts and a $600 fine for a amber light, imagine what you get for doing 50mph over the limit. I still race people occasionally, but when I'm sure that there aren't many cops around since it's not worth the risk.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
they add reckless driving to that- and the actual or estimated top speed- and engaging in a speed contest- and exhibition of speed
About 500-750 dollars is the fines plus 3 points on the license- 1 more and its goodbye driving for you

THEN, later- 6 months a year 2 years... if you are even found watching a street race- you MAY get your car impounded!!!! just for watching!!!!!
The original ticket conviction comes with a clause- cannot do it again- not around it- not watching in person...the cops go down to sideshows -street races in cars they got off impounds~ so they blend in- and casually video tape everyone there with plate numbers and faces and what they are doing-
Surprise!! you were in the wrong place wrong time- 1000 dollars to get the car back please.

Since you live in antioch, the 2 excellent choices for you are the controlled environment of Infineon Raceway wed night run what you brung drags- or Sacramento Raceway has days/nights like that all the time
Cheap- like 25 bucks to get some timed runs in- find someone you want to race or take the luck of the draw in matchups

If you really want to learn what the car will do at higher speeds and how to drive it at those speeds on a twisty rising and falling 3 mile long roadrace track- Thunderhill, in Willows- about an hour north of sac Intl. airport- straight up I-5
They just repaved the entire surface so it should be nice and smooth for a while!
High Performance Driving School- aka Track Day in the 225-285$ for a full day with several on track sessions with a pro race driver in the passenger seat giving instant feedback=corrections and tips on how to do it bettter on the next lap- sweeeet

Save the fast wild fun for the track- you are too young to die in a stupid accident when someone freaks out as you do a close cross over pass or suddenly appear in the mirror-

PLEASE Do not street race- Ca LAW is cracking down hard on it- the loss of innocent lives when there is a crash-- and you kill a teacher/mother of 3 pulling out of the shopping center...and usually one of the drivers or several of their passengers are killed or hospitalized--and guess what the insurance co will have to say about paying- since you were racing and thats illegal and unsafe- then YOU are on th ehook for everyones medical bills in the hundreds of thousands these days- plus replacing cars and yadayada

note- people with security/police/sheriff type badge-jackets- ID, often get a break from LE- unlike you Mr young kid with a fast car out being reckless- in the eyes of the law
Thanks for all that info bro. I don't usually race but sometimes people piss you off on city streets and freeway specially in that crappy Corolla S..lol. I try alot to stay away from them. I am 23 BTW...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
we still dont want to lose you to the guardrail or the jail at 23~

When other drivers are doing crazy stuff- first thing I believe- they are DUI or on heavy drugs
Im certain most of the people going really fast and darting thru freeway traffic at 100 are not trained to a competition level of skill,,, and a tire blowout or car moving in front of them or any small misstep by anyone.... and it will ruin their and several other drivers day~

Let them go- if they are in that much of a hurry- I consider them scouts for cops!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

we still dont want to lose you to the guardrail or the jail at 23~

When other drivers are doing crazy stuff- first thing I believe- they are DUI or on heavy drugs
Im certain most of the people going really fast and darting thru freeway traffic at 100 are not trained to a competition level of skill,,, and a tire blowout or car moving in front of them or any small misstep by anyone.... and it will ruin their and several other drivers day~

Let them go- if they are in that much of a hurry- I consider them scouts for cops!
OK bro. I PROMISE I won't race in my life again and I won't take any more chances because I don't wanna lose my licence cuz I can't live a day without driving this amazing car.

NO MORE RACING.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I see people driving fast through the roads/freeway, I let them pass, they make for good scouts for highway patrols and I guess some people might have emergencies.

Sometimes if I see some guy or girl just being an ass in heavy traffic, I play it slow and get them boxed in a manner that looks like I'm not doing it on purpose and i'm minding my own business. I know I shouldn't be doing that but really...are they gonna get anywhere faster driving like that?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I have a friend that does stupid shit like that. He doesnt race ppl but cuts ppl off, changes lanes all the time, drives too fast and all these other dangerous things. he gets tickets and points but he still continues doing it. He has totaled 3 cars already and has a messed up knee and back because of it. now he wants to get a bike. He will die there is no doubt about it if he does get one cuz he is just the type of person that will never learn.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha this dude is epiccccccc
wow. hella pro. well said brotha hahaha

wow freakin essay on safe driving LOL
Old 08-01-2008, 06:27 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
man....what car are you driving? You dont even need to box in a corolla. She should have stayed right behind you!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
man....what car are you driving? You dont even need to box in a corolla. She should have stayed right behind you!
I drive a 97 3.2TL. All stock. But whenever I see a corolla S something start to go around in my mind. I fuckin hate that car.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Originally Posted by tmnhs81
I drive a 97 3.2TL. All stock. But whenever I see a corolla S something start to go around in my mind. I fuckin hate that car.
Why? It's not a bad looking car that's built well and is reasonably sporty for a car with 130hp. I have driven my wife's aunt's Corolla S once or twice and found it totally likeable. (Though honestly, I'd rather have the MUCH rarer XRS model: might as well get the performance to go with the looks.)

As for your original questions (re: taking chances), NO! Maybe when I was young and foolish but nowadays, I actually enjoy:

1) fairly low insurance rates
2) a clean driving record
3) maintaining good fuel economy in an era of $4+ pump prices
4) driving safely
5) babying my rides
6) not driving in a way that could result in someone calling the police on me

Old 08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You guys better be careful you don't have to be pulled over in a highway patrol car now to get a ticket.

Specifically in CT, which used to be the most lax state when it came to driving regulations, fines, and punishments, they have they're troopers drive around in their daily drivers on the highway, when they see you pass they will chase you down, call you in, and pull you over.

They're also implementing speed cameras, and all sorts of new gadgets. I will admit I use to have my fair share of fun, but I used to do it once a week, just to have fun with the car, now I can't even do that, I might as well go insane.

What's the point of getting these nice cars with decent performance if we can't even use it once in a while is what I'm starting to wonder.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if a corolla tried doing that to me, id let it go...cause its a waste of gas lol