Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions regarding TL

I've just got my self a new 08 base TL and love the car so far. However, I have a few questions and hope that you guys can help answer them.

1) When using the reverse mirror tilt feature, I've noticed that the driver's side tilts down and then inwards. But the passenger side only tilts down no matter what the previous position of the mirror is in. Is this by design? I feel that the passenger side should also move inwards.

2) The car's AC compressor seems to kick in and out frequently is that normal? I also feel vibrations whenever the AC compressor turns on. This only occurs when I'm in drive, it feel like the car wants to lurch forwards if my foot is light on the brake. The rpm jumps a little bit when the AC turns on and then levels off.

3) After reading the forums it seems the motor mounts are prone to failure on the TL. How does one go about checking them? I've tried getting a friend holding the brake and then hitting the gas and didn't notice the engine moving too much. The car's got 60K miles should I just change the mounts, and have anyone tried after market mounts such as those from rockauto. They seem to be much cheaper compared to OEM mounts.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Last edited by LoveMyTL-S; 07-02-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Fixed
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by mike890
I've just got my self a new 08 base TL and love the car so far. However, I have a few questions and hope that you guys can help answer them.

1) When using the reverse mirror tilt feature, I've noticed that the driver's side tilts down and then inwards. But the passenger side only tilts down no matter what the previous position of the mirror is in. Is this by design? I feel that the passenger side should also move inwards.

2) The car's AC compressor seems to kick in and out frequently is that normal? I also feel vibrations whenever the AC compressor turns on. This only occurs when I'm in drive, it feel like the car wants to lurch forwards if my foot is light on the brake. The rpm jumps a little bit when the AC turns on and then levels off.

3) After reading the forums it seems the motor mounts are prone to failure on the TL. How does one go about check them? I've tried getting a friend holding the brake and then hitting the gas and didn't notice the engine moving too much. The car's got 60K miles should I just change the mounts, and have anyone tried after market mounts such as those from rockauto. They seem to be much cheaper compared to OEM mounts.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
The reverse mirrors sometimes go bad and can do all sorts of funny things, and it popping inwards is one of them. As long as both mirrors work and go back to their original location, I wouldn't worry about it.

The TL will cycle the A/C, it is to save gas and to keep emissions to a minimum. The idle will fluctuate and it's normal to feel it.

You can visually check your motor mounts for tears. At 60k miles they should be fine.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
first 2 question and the answer are is normal, for the motor mount I have seen Innovative mounts fail too.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Seems like your questions are being answered, so I'll just welcome you to AZ!! Check out the 3G garage for tons of info. Also register your TL at www.myacura.com in the USA or https://www.myacura.acura.ca/ in Canada. Save your Navi and Radio codes there. Check for any recalls your TL may need.
You may also want to post here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-tl-owners-sign-564449/