Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about 2008 TL Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about 2008 TL Type-S

I was hoping you guys could help me out with a few things, even though I'm new around these parts. :o) I have been in the market for a black 2008 Acura TL Type-S for over a year now and every single one I've ever seen has had a clear bra on it. At the moment, there is a guy selling one locally and he is saying that the clear bra is an extra (basically, his car is overpriced and he claims it is because of so-called extras, so I'm trying to get my information straight) -- so, my first questions is whether or not the clear bra came standard on a 2008 Type-S?

He is also claiming that the two-tone interior was an upgrade... so, my second questions is whether that's true? I've never seen anything saying it was an upgrade, just that it was an interior choice available.

Third question -- is the navigation system and backup camera standard? Again, every single one I've driven has had it, so I've just assumed it was standard.

Last, but not least, I have a question about pricing. He's asking $27,595 for a 2008 with 35,000 miles on it. He says the vehicle is in AMAZING condition, but I'm skeptical (I haven't seen it in person, only in pictures - going to see/drive it tomorrow). Is that a good price?? I say it is high - the KBB value of a vehicle in excellent condition is $27,995 and $26,320 in good condition (which is still higher than I've seen lately, for less miles, even from dealerships - just last week there was a bronze one with 31k miles for only $25,900).

I'm worried I might just be getting antsy. The reason I've been looking for a vehicle for so long is because I want a 2008, black exterior, two-tone interior, less than 25,000 miles - unfortunately, nothing matching all of my criteria has been available locally in the literally 15 months I have been looking, so I'm to the point where I'm considering making some exceptions..... I just don't want them to be exceptions that later turn into regrets that I could have avoided by asking you fine folks a few questions!!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Clear bra is NOT standard.

2-tone (Silver/Ebony) Interior IS standard on the Type-S

Navi & Camera ARE standard on the Type-S

Pricing -

Note that those items are standard on the Type-S, but not on the Base Model. So in a sense, they are upgrades compared to the base model.

Check the Honda News Acura Archives for detialed info on the Type-S features. www.hondanews.com.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Clearbra was not standard. He did it add it on.

Two-tone is not an upgrade. He did not pay extra for that. It is standard equipment.

The Navi/backup cam is standard on all Type-S models.

Regarding price- seems a tad high.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Instructor

theres plenty of what u want in texas man, i just got my type S for 25k with 37k miles on it but i got WDP which is super hard to find in this area. I cant even count how many black type S i saw and how clean they were for around $25k. I dont know about the are youre in but here around texas had some amazing deals on some clean Tls
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by txTL1019
theres plenty of what u want in texas man, i just got my type S for 25k with 37k miles on it but i got WDP which is super hard to find in this area. I cant even count how many black type S i saw and how clean they were for around $25k. I dont know about the are youre in but here around texas had some amazing deals on some clean Tls
Good looking out.

OP - cross country shipping often isn't as expensive as one might think.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 AM
2010 CBP SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acidstained
I was hoping you guys could help me out with a few things, even though I'm new around these parts. :o) I have been in the market for a black 2008 Acura TL Type-S for over a year now and every single one I've ever seen has had a clear bra on it. At the moment, there is a guy selling one locally and he is saying that the clear bra is an extra (basically, his car is overpriced and he claims it is because of so-called extras, so I'm trying to get my information straight) -- so, my first questions is whether or not the clear bra came standard on a 2008 Type-S?

He is also claiming that the two-tone interior was an upgrade... so, my second questions is whether that's true? I've never seen anything saying it was an upgrade, just that it was an interior choice available.

Third question -- is the navigation system and backup camera standard? Again, every single one I've driven has had it, so I've just assumed it was standard.

Last, but not least, I have a question about pricing. He's asking $27,595 for a 2008 with 35,000 miles on it. He says the vehicle is in AMAZING condition, but I'm skeptical (I haven't seen it in person, only in pictures - going to see/drive it tomorrow). Is that a good price?? I say it is high - the KBB value of a vehicle in excellent condition is $27,995 and $26,320 in good condition (which is still higher than I've seen lately, for less miles, even from dealerships - just last week there was a bronze one with 31k miles for only $25,900).

I'm worried I might just be getting antsy. The reason I've been looking for a vehicle for so long is because I want a 2008, black exterior, two-tone interior, less than 25,000 miles - unfortunately, nothing matching all of my criteria has been available locally in the literally 15 months I have been looking, so I'm to the point where I'm considering making some exceptions..... I just don't want them to be exceptions that later turn into regrets that I could have avoided by asking you fine folks a few questions!!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
You don't want the bronze one! If it's the one at a certain dealership in Murray, UT that was my car and it has a $15,000 front end accident, the car was never the same, stay away!

And like others are saying, clear bra was an add on, IMO it's worth it, they are pricey though, the two-tone and nav/camera are standard...
Old 09-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ good looking out for another member.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Racer

+1
Old 10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
10th Gear

Thank you to everyone for your help! I went and looked at the car yesterday and wasn't surprised to find it wasn't what he said. There was a big scrape on the rim and he's like, "I've never noticed that before." This car was your baby, washed every week, but you never noticed that before? There were also several other things that just didn't rub me the right way, so the search continues. There's a CPO with 28k miles in Vegas for 31k, but that price is over blue book, so.... guess it's time to start doing my research on how to haggle with a dealer. :P

You don't want the bronze one! If it's the one at a certain dealership in Murray, UT that was my car and it has a $15,000 front end accident, the car was never the same, stay away!
For real? Craaaazy. That was the one I was referring to -- I never even went and talked to them about it, just saw it online and looked it on the lot when they were closed (there were some black paint globs on the front driver side fender that I didn't like). Now I kind of wish I had contacted them, just to see if they would have disclosed that information.

Thanks again to everyone!! :o)