Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question regarding service done at my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:25 PM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question regarding service done at my dealer

OK so my car was broken into last Monday and I had Acura take care of the repairs (thru State Farm). Anyway, the glass was replaced, the upper door panel trim was replaced, the back part of the driver seat was reupholstered and my car was cleaned of all the shattered glass.

I got it back Monday and today was the first time getting into the back seat. I noticed a couple things:
1) The rear panel of the driver seat wasn't in place... it was just hanging from the top tabs. I tried to pop the tabs back in place but they were already bent. I called my dealership and they said they would replace the part for free. Good news but they should've caught it. Not my main issue.
2) When I dropped the car off, no one cleaned the car until the estimator took a look at it. So I wasn't able to point out all the damages, aside from the obvious ones. A big chunk of glass was sitting on the back seat floor (stuck together from the tint) and thats what scratched up my seat. It also scratched up my arm rest and the top of the rear AC vent piece. Shouldn't my dealer have notified me of these damages when they performed the clean up so I can get them replaced?

Now, item 1 didn't bother me too much... just didn't make me happy. Plus its getting replaced free of charge. Item 2, however, does annoy me. I feel like that should've brought those items to my attention. Granted the scratches on the arm rest are small so whatever. The scratches on the vent piece are much deeper.

Instead of asking them to replace this piece (which they probably won't do), can I ask them to give me the rear CF trim for free? I feel like since I brought $2000 into their shop for all the repairs, they might comply.

Please, no "why do people always think they deserve this and that" comments...

Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-13-2008, 11:48 PM
邵樂百

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think that's at all out of line to at least ask for the CF trim to cover up the damages vent area. You would think that something like that would've got caught by either the estimator or the shop...personally I'd ask that the pieces get replaced and have them submit that to State Farm; seems better than a cover up fix and it should be on SF's dime. Get on it right away with the insurance company though, before they get a chance to give the old "act of God, existing damage, swarm of locusts, killer bees, cosmetically acceptable" excuse .
Old 08-13-2008, 11:59 PM
zaino'd

Well theres no doubt in my mind that the estimator half-assed his inspection. He MISSED the soccerball sized piece of glass in the rear floor. Initially they weren't going to pay for the seats because of his incompetence.

Anyway, I will speak to the service guy and SF before bringing my car over. Maybe I can work something out on the phone and get it over with. I don't really want to be without my car again
Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are only a few dealership that will go out of their way to make sure they take care of their customers. Most tech just don't pay enough attention or care about the damages they have done. It is just bad business when they do that. In your case, the insurance are PAYING them to get everything repair so, you have the right to have everything replace to their original condition.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 AM
zaino'd

I agree 100%. I just spoke to my service tech and he was pretty nice about it. He said to bring it back so they could take care of item 1 (the seat panel). As for item 2, he said I could speak to a manager and see where we can go from there. I hope they don't give me the run-around...