3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the guys with their headlights modded

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:04 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
...but you gave him the aspec emblems, so doesn't that mean they're his and he can do whatever he wants with them...?

IDK the story, but I've seen the results of his work and it's very nice imo. First time i've ever heard anything negative about it. Still think this should be handled privately, instead of publicly.
The following users liked this post:
TripAcez (04-21-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
...but you gave him the aspec emblems, so doesn't that mean they're his and he can do whatever he wants with them...?

IDK the story, but I've seen the results of his work and it's very nice imo. First time i've ever heard anything negative about it. Still think this should be handled privately, instead of publicly.
I agree. maybe Ron a should close or remove this thread, but he will just keep posting trash about me in his progress thread..He was there for all five times watching my every move, He knew they were used and saw how mint they were when installed, and saw everything get installed which started months ago so it's not recent. I cant text him because he doesn't text me back and talk like a mature adult. Whatever he says.. Coming back to me 5 times, hours away proves everything he's saying wrong and I agree this is childish but I have to explain my side as someone is telling lies which really irritates me, because after all this is my livelihood/business.

Last edited by AckTL05; 04-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:39 PM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
never bashed u in my thread, look again. this is a thread asking about headlights u modded, I also had lights modded by u so I posted my experience
Old 04-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cazio
never bashed u in my thread, look again. this is a thread asking about headlights u modded, I also had lights modded by u so I posted my experience
Well then tell the truth...

- gave you a free swap of a plastic piece because yOurs was scratched
-wrapped the cf trunk lip for free because I told you it wouldn't be 100% and we even discussed that in texts and installed it for FREE...
-held a kit that I could have sold for months until you we're ready so there was no risk of it being discontinued along with the OEM type s trunk spoiler which everyone here knows those sell ASAP and are rare. I sold it to him, installed it and wrapped it in cf for $300...anyone tell me that its a bad deal?
-I put a type s front on your base bumper and everyone knows it has a slight gap and I showed you that and it's on by tape, which removing the bumper over time it loosens the tape, so five months later..it's my fault?
-wrapped your front grill for cheap and when it started to chip from road debris, I re wrapped it for FREE. Did the free wrap come out 100%? No. Was it free ..yes
-your tails were chipped and you offered $4o to fix and I declined, but I gave you oem tails and even did the custom type s dark chrome bezel for free, which I took two hours rubbing off the chrome on the bezel with rubbing alcohol to make it dark chrome.
-your side skirts we discussed were used and you had them on for thousands of miles so how are you going to blamed that on me, three months later and "they're chipped"
-your screws and clips I take everything off in front of the customer so to blame that on me again after numerous times of you taking off the bumper or your buddy or anyone is wrong. Maybe they were never there to begin with, after all you bought your car used.
-your car was bottomed out in the front, they Screw under the driver headlight NEVER was perfect and you know that...you mentioned it every time.
-you always offered to pay to have me fix stuff but I never accepted
-you were there for every install and it'd been 5 trips and 6 months later, and now we have problems? Makes no sense as everyone here now knows "how you are posting you experience" that you are out spoken so why praise me about the work then months later I'm a bad guy...

So out off all the arguing...we're stuck on missing clips.screws and fogging headlights at night but go away in the day...no leaks...your running ijdmtoy drls and they don't fit like oem. Yes your oems were "making it fog" but what happened was they we installed and there was slight fogging, so you removed them fast and sucked some more air out, but when reinstalling them and you can agreE that they weren't in straight. The fog is normal sometimes for freshly done headlights and goes away over time with the silica packets that will absorb, but we acted too soon and now your running ijdmtoy drls...so to bash me on "all the sealer", isn't that a good thing that I used so much sealer? I've been doing headlights for years and using the same butyl rubber. So now you are an expert in butyl rubber that what I use is wrong? Remember people will talk, they will have opinions but no one is perfect and you know that...you know what I'm talking about so don't be so quick to judge...I hope you can be mature with me and agree this is stupid but I am not a bad guy as listed above and always make sure the customer is happy.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:13 PM
2004 Aspec TL

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by AckTL05
I always bend over backwards to help and make both parties happy..
Hey Bruce, no reason to be bending over backwards( no homo) for some1 who wants to waste your time over & over. And then tell the Azine community how bad u are...
Old 04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
2004 Aspec TL

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
bro no ones arguing I'm simply informing people of my experience, yea everyone I live 2 hours from him and attempted to have things fixed a few times but to no prevail. ur work speaks for itself just like u said, so u have nothing to worry about relax. and if I recall I did contact u first. sorry to the OP for these shenanigans, was just sharing my experiences from my 5 visits so take it for what it's worth. I spent alot of money with u and also gave u all of my stock parts which were in alot better shape, especially my side skirts which I got type s ones that I was told were mint but have rock chips and shit, unlike mine which were immaculate. I also believe this 27 yo found 3 a-spec emblems for u and even gave u one of them for free as a thank u hoping for some of ur wrongs to be righted. instead u sell them for $200 and call it a day. I'm leaving this thread alone now everyone, be smarter about how u go about modding ur car as I jumped the gun
yea he does do really good work have my headlights redone and as u can see the paint is bubbled.
here is all the garbage non oem butyl that he used, oh and that's only from one headlight. that's just my headlights by the way, I'm done bashing him but I can only try to explain to u all how many stripped screws from him taking my grill in and out there are, stripped bunper bolts, missing clips, missing headlights support, good luck with ur modding!!!!
This all does sound like alot of bashing to me....

Bruce is very helpful & passionate about his work... He has modded my headlights, tail lights, installed my aspec kit(brand new), which I got from him- (no rock chips), re-wired independent fogs. And I've had no issue's on any occaision....

For you to bash his work online is more like a chick move, a real man calls up the next man & states the problem.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
I've been dealing with Bruce for a long time now. My pressure switches, my aspec kit, rsb, and numerous other things I got from Bruce. Never once did I have a problem. I would text him with what I need and he would have the shipment out the door same day. I recently had my taillights done by him. Bezel painted ASM, lens smoked and reflector wrapped in CF. they turned out b-e-a-utiful. My buddy had his tails done and he was very happy as well. Bruce has from what I've seen and personally experienced always done great work! Don't let this scare any of you potential customers. Just cuz one guy had some suspect problems doesn't mean u will too. This should've been dealt with privately. Damn shame this even went public without any communication from the buyer so to say. It's people like these guys (not Bruce) that make me hate this page and the main reason I only visit here every few days now. Sorry these guys pulled a tag teamer on your Bruce. Hopefully others will read thru the bullshit
Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Tag teaming? I'm not bashing Bruce, I didn't even mention his name in the original post. I've talked to him through text about the problem and he told me to ask around. Which I took up on that offer and asked the AZ community, the same place I found his info. I simply wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem as I did. Simple.

I don't know the deal between Cazio and Bruce, and that's between them. Also, just because he did a fantastic, awesomeness job with everyone's product, it doesn't mean he couldn't have messed up just one. Just saying...
Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by AckTL05
I agree. maybe Ron a should close or remove this thread, but he will just keep posting trash about me in his progress thread..He was there for all five times watching my every move, He knew they were used and saw how mint they were when installed, and saw everything get installed which started months ago so it's not recent. I cant text him because he doesn't text me back and talk like a mature adult. Whatever he says.. Coming back to me 5 times, hours away proves everything he's saying wrong and I agree this is childish but I have to explain my side as someone is telling lies which really irritates me, because after all this is my livelihood/business.
Definitely understandable. Privately would've been better, no one would've known, but when stuff like this happens, I'd defend myself too, especially after doing so much for the customer, which was a lot ( i read your long list).

I'm sure you guys will work it out.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LeMix
Tag teaming? I'm not bashing Bruce, I didn't even mention his name in the original post. I've talked to him through text about the problem and he told me to ask around. Which I took up on that offer and asked the AZ community, the same place I found his info. I simply wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem as I did. Simple.

I don't know the deal between Cazio and Bruce, and that's between them. Also, just because he did a fantastic, awesomeness job with everyone's product, it doesn't mean he couldn't have messed up just one. Just saying...
if its one mess up out of thousands then why did it need to go public. People arent perfect. And besides Bruce did more then enough to make him happy. Some people are just unpleasable
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't think it's against lemix. He is a good guy I've been in contact with him. I understand his concern and have no idea why acura did it but 99% of the headlights I have, do have those holes in them. My guess would be since the diffuser creates a "tight seal", its for air to breathe so the diffuser doesn't melt as that light is also our parking light.

Last edited by AckTL05; 04-23-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 AM
David_Dude

^ Yeah I didn't see where Lemix was bashing, it was when Cazio took it to a whole new level is where things went downhill fast.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LeMix

my mistake! i read to quickly. sorry lemix
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
I would like to take back what I said in my last post. I guess I never really looked at the turn signal to in depth. Last night I checked out my 07 base headlights and they do have vents in them. I haven't checked the DEPO's out yet though, I'm assuming they have them as well.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33 PM
3 2 GONE

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts
Bruce is a stand up guy, takes care of tbe folks north of the border.