3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Florida TL owners on price and dealership recomendations.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Florida TL owners on price and dealership recomendations.

I have finally decided on a TL. I test drove the Z, MB 350SLK(way overpriced when comparably equipped),G35 Coupe and 05 Vette. None seem to come close to the TL as far as an overall good value. Plus it's just a really cool car. I am wondering what all of you paid in Florida and what dealership & Salesman you would reccomend? I plan on getting an 05 AT Anthracite/Camel w/Navi.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 AM
Intermediate

Also I plan on walking into the dealership around Dec 27-28th to get the best deal. End of the year/month. Hopefully they will have one in stock!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:23 AM
S = Slow

DO NOT GO TO PALM BEACH ACURA! their service is horrible. by the way this is uglypsycho's girlfriend. i work at lexus in their service department and i would know better than to treat a guest like that. yesterday i called and asked for a NSH inquiry, which is basically a vehicle history report and when the service advisor came on the phone he said "i'm too busy, get your info from carfax." so i told him that carfax would cost me 25 bucks. and then he says "yea? well it cost everyone else money too" and he hung up without saying bye. i am disgusted by their service and mannerism. it also seems to me that some of their service advisors seem to be perverts. when we were there to get his cd player fixed, he kept on asking his service advisor a question about the duration of service. his advisor seemed to be annoyed and didnt give him an answer. when i went up to him and asked the same question he answered me immediately. their sales department seems to be alot better but their service sucks! i'm sure if you check any previous postings by my bf, you can see that he's complained about them many times.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Abyss Boy

Other than having to wait 3 months for my car to come in (see my sig for the one I ordered), I am happy with the deal I am getting from Walter Davis at Duval Acura in Jacksonville.

I would recommend sending emails to every Acura dealer you are willing to drive to asking for their best price on a TL with the specs you are seeking. If some don't respond, then they obviously don't want your business. Walter responded to my inquiry and offered to beat any other deal I could find. And he did.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Proctor Acura, Tallahassee, FL

Call Proctor Acura in Tallahassee 850-574-6600 and ask for Tony Bellomio. Tallahasssee is a fairly small town despite being the capital of Florida. The dealership is seldom crowded and the staff is polite and will not pressure you. Tony is a smart and skillful salesman so be sure to do your homework and figure a good price before talking to him. The general manager, Fred Lee, is a gentleman and if you don't get the price you want, talk to him directly.
Hope this helps.
JP

Old 12-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Racer

basically a week or so before you about to drive it off the lot I would go on Cars.com and send an email out saying that "I want a such and such a car and I want your best deal. I will give my business to whoever has the best price."

I did that twice in the last month and have had nothing but great success.,

but like Gracious said I got mine from Walter Davis too... In jacksonville and it's a 4hr trip one way but worth it cause he beat the next best price by over $1000.

Dunno where you are but that is what I would do again if i had too..

BTW

Gracious did you get your car yet? I got mine last week... LOVE IT.. getting my stuff done to it.

Should pick it up today

Ryan
Old 12-04-2004, 12:42 PM
7th Gear

regal acura in lakeland, steve is the sales manager. 31,500 w/out nav 32,500 w/nav
Old 12-04-2004, 12:45 PM
7th Gear

regal acura in lakeland 31,500 wo nav. steve is the sales manager
Old 12-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Bought mine from Ferman in Tampa. However, beings you are on the East Coast, I would go to Acura's web site and do a dealer search using your zip code. Find the 3 closest dealers to your house, look over their inventory, pick out a similar car from each one (if they have it in stock), and either emial or phone them to ask them their best price. This will at least give you an idea of who is willing to deal or not. Then work with your best result.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Abyss Boy

Originally Posted by vidoprof
BTW

Gracious did you get your car yet? I got mine last week... LOVE IT.. getting my stuff done to it.

Should pick it up today

Ryan
Uh, did you mean me?

Unfortunately, I do not yet have my car. I had one built on 11/13 but Walter called me to say it received major damage at the port during delivery. I told him I don't want it then. 1-1/2 weeks later he tells me that the soonest he can get me one will be built between 12/21 and 12/25 with a delivery date sometime the first week of January.

I originally nailed down my deal and placed my order with Walter on 9/30. The wait is killing me. Especially reading about how everyone else is loving their cars. I'm sure I'll love mine. I'm just jealous.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Team Anthracite

Call David Becker @ Acura of South Florida (Ft.Lauderdale). He is great and gave me a no hassle quote of 33.5k (all fees inclusive - except tax, tag) for 05 TL w/navi
Old 12-05-2004, 01:38 AM
Racer

Granticus,

Yeah sorry man i meant you... remember we PM'd I went and got my TL from Walter too.... I told him about your car and he keeps saying sorry, but you are looking for some hard to get colors. Hopefully you get it soon.

I love the thing..

Can't wait to add the sway bar.

Ryan
Old 12-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Rick Case Acura, Plantation

Stacy is my sales girl. I don't like dealerships to start with but she made the buying experience painless. She was honest and straight-forward. She also owns a TL herself.

She will give you a good deal but you have to negotiate it. If you're looking for Navi, expect to be in the area of $33,500 or less with no trade. Read the thread in the 3G Garage section entitled Advice with Dealers and Car Sales. It is a wealth of tips and information.

You must work for a good deal. They don't start out with those deals.

Rick Case is the largest Acura dealer in the world (so they say). If there is a good price to be had, it will be there and ESPECIALLY at the end of December when they are trying to maintain that distiction. This is the BEST time of year to buy.

I believe they would lose money on a TL if they had to in order to reach their sales goal at the end of December.

Several of our members here from other states have bought from Stacy and had the car shipped to them. They still saved money. You're close enough that you could negotiate by email and then drive down and pick up your car.

PM me for more info.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Intermediate

tom pires at pomano acura good guy, 05 antracite with navi below $33,500.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Granticus
Other than having to wait 3 months for my car to come in (see my sig for the one I ordered), I am happy with the deal I am getting from Walter Davis at Duval Acura in Jacksonville.

I would recommend sending emails to every Acura dealer you are willing to drive to asking for their best price on a TL with the specs you are seeking. If some don't respond, then they obviously don't want your business. Walter responded to my inquiry and offered to beat any other deal I could find. And he did.
I must respectfully disagree completely with this statement. I work for the company that owns this dealership. I went to them FIRST expecting to get my 'employee price' on the TL of my dreams.
I was personally told by Mr. Davis that since I worked there they would 'take care of my for sure'. I wonder what that means??? They NEVER, and I mean NEVER gave me a final walk out the door price for the car.
He was very slow to return phone calls, emails or anything for me. I had the chance to buy a repo for $29k but said I had to wait until he got back with me on a new one so I could see what the price difference would be. I called him and told him about the car and he said he would look into it. Never called me back and I lost the chance of buying the repo car. What a idiot I was!!
However I finally took the wife's advice and drove to a competing dealership to look at their inventory. Upon finding one that I really liked, I was upfront and honest with them and said that I was an employee of the opposing company and have been dealing with the other store for a couple of months now. That's right, a couple of months and still no price quoted.
They tried to get me to commet to buying a car from them but I told them that that would'nt' happen right now. They appreciated my loyalty and gave me business card and asked if they could call the other dealer and explain the situation and try to convince them to make me a good deal.
Upon hearing about my trip there, Walter told my wife that if I had bought the repo it would've been alright, but if I buy from this other dealer then the GM of Duval would be PISSED !!! Ok then, give me a FREAKIN PRICE !!!
I came home from shopping one night and Walter finally left a message on machine. It wasn't a price but rather to call him.
I was so mad that I didn't call him but rather the wife did, on speaker phone. She said that we had all but decided to buy from competitor but wanted to give them ONE last chance. He said to come over and we could discuss price. The wife said then told him the price we were buying car for and he said they would'nt match it. C'mon now, I have worked for 14 yrs for them and they won't budge. He said that they would make more money selling to a regular customer than to me and since the cars are selling so well they didn't care.

Go to Acura of Orange Park and talk to Alex and tell him Maurice with the red NSX sent you.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Intermediate

So what price did you get? And with what equiptment?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Abyss Boy

Originally Posted by mrtgman
So what price did you get? And with what equiptment?
We agreed on $33,000 + $279 dealer fee + TTL for an '05 w/Navi, rear wing spoiler, splash guards, and wheel locks.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Abyss Boy

Wow 92NSX, that really sucks that they treat their employees that way. I will admit that sometimes Walter has been a little slow to respond and we did do a bit of back-and-forth negotiating before I got the price I wanted.

The fact that he's having such a hard time finding a 6MT/Navi/ABP/Camel sometimes makes me wonder how hard of a time I'll have trying to sell it when I'm ready to move on. Then I figure that I'll worry about that when the time comes and just have fun until then.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Intermediate

We agreed on $33,000 + $279 dealer fee + TTL for an '05 w/Navi, rear wing spoiler, splash guards, and wheel locks.
THAT IS AWESOME! SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST PRICE SO FAR. I WILL CERTAINLY GIVE THEM A SHOT.