Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Bergen County NJ Residents

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:23 AM
ARKITEKT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question for Bergen County NJ Residents

I would like to know if what occurs to me happens to you also.

Every day from Ridgefield NJ, I travel on Route 46 West to the Route 80 West Exit.
For those that know that area, Route 80 West splits into 2 portions, Local Lanes, and Express Lanes. (Both express and local lanes run parallel to each other)

at the Ramp (before 80 splits) I have to take the Local lanes for the Routh 17 North exit. That is the exit for Paramus / Rochelle Park.

The Navigation system thinks I am on the Express Lanes, and never recognizes me being on the local lanes, or even Exiting route 80 and Entering route 17. Only after the 2 highways stop running parallel to each other and split off on the map, does the Navi system actually get the correct location.

This happens every day by the way. (only on that stretch of highway)

Anyone else in this area has noticed this?

thanks
Old 11-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the Navi recalculate once you get on 17? Maybe there is an updated disk that would correct that? Maybe with all the damn construction there the people who designed the Navi figured they would fix the navi map in 10 years when it's all complete. haha. I feel bad for you that you have to travel that road everyday.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its hard for the navi to know if you are in the express or local lane because it is so close. there is still some degree of error to the system. i assume this is just an annoyance and its not making an error with the route guidance. if you set a destination that required you to exit onto route 17 from 80 then it would tell you to keep right onto the local lane, just like it would tell you to do so on the turnpike. i experience this every now and then when i drive on the service road next to the LIE. it will still think i am on the LIE. but it always corrects itself after a short distance.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The same thing happens on the NJ Turnpike and GSP. It gets confused if you are in the local lane/express lane, or truck lane/car lane. This isn't too much of a problem. Where you do have a bit of a problem is on Rt 3 East near Rt 17, as the system constantly thinks you are on side roads, and not the highway.