Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about order change

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about order change

as you guys know about my tl shopping if you read my last thread.. if you dont heres it is again... i got quotes for a 05 non navi 5at with spoiler and all weather mats for 31,500. now heres the question... i got a call from them and they told me that i got the bank approval for the loan for the car and they told me to come on the 20th to sign papers and pick up the car... but now i changed my mind and i want a navi... would i have to go through the process of having to wait for the bank approval again??? i dont want to hassle the dealer to much.. because i know if i change the order to a navi then it would get them mad... i will be putting 2k down payment.. if i want the navi is another 2k for it will the bank approval me of this.. im afraid they wont.. not sure but what is the procedure on order change... i wanted to ask you guys before i call the dealer and ask them.. thanks alot..
Old 01-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Received 1,010 Likes on 576 Posts
Normally I would say it wouldn't be much of a problem to get the bank to increase the loan amount, but looking at your age (just speaking realistically) the bank might not be so accomodating. Your best bet is to call the bank first and find out what they will do for you, before calling the dealer.

When you know what the bank will do, you can take the next step. No sense calling the dealer if the bank won't give you the money, but if they will, you can tell the dealer that you got the additional funds, which might make them more agreeable.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Pro

As Ron mentioned...check with the bank first to see if you can get the extra amount needed for the navi. I don't see it being a problem but who knows! Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Racer

Also, If the bank approves you, don't forget that the dealer might not be willing to negotiate as much on a Navi as a Non Navi

here in the S.F. Bay Area they are willing to negotiate on a non Nav, but Nav is a different story around here.. not too much of a discount. This may or may not be the case around your area.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by Ron A
Normally I would say it wouldn't be much of a problem to get the bank to increase the loan amount, but looking at your age (just speaking realistically) the bank might not be so accomodating. Your best bet is to call the bank first and find out what they will do for you, before calling the dealer.

When you know what the bank will do, you can take the next step. No sense calling the dealer if the bank won't give you the money, but if they will, you can tell the dealer that you got the additional funds, which might make them more agreeable.
oops i forgot to put it in my original post.. all the paper works is going under my mothers name.. so my mother is getting the loan.. sorry i forgot to mention it... as for calling the bank... im getting a loan through honda... the dealer is taking care of all the loan and stuff.. so wouldnt i consult them and ask for an increase...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by marioman
Also, If the bank approves you, don't forget that the dealer might not be willing to negotiate as much on a Navi as a Non Navi

here in the S.F. Bay Area they are willing to negotiate on a non Nav, but Nav is a different story around here.. not too much of a discount. This may or may not be the case around your area.
when i ordered the non navi they salesmen said if i want navi it'll be 2k extra thats all.. and ive known this salesmen for almost a year i bought my tsx from him so he will probably consider...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1,010 Likes on 576 Posts
Originally Posted by I10O0I1
oops i forgot to put it in my original post.. all the paper works is going under my mothers name.. so my mother is getting the loan.. sorry i forgot to mention it... as for calling the bank... im getting a loan through honda... the dealer is taking care of all the loan and stuff.. so wouldnt i consult them and ask for an increase...
In this case, where everything in your original post has changed, I would say you have to contact the dealer so they can contact Honda or let you know what they are going to do.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by Ron A
In this case, where everything in your original post has changed, I would say you have to contact the dealer so they can contact Honda or let you know what they are going to do.
i was thinking the same.. i guess ill contact the dealer tomorrow.. thanks alot ill keep you guys posted..