Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Moleskin..HELP HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Question about Moleskin..HELP HELP!!!!

I got my windows tinted about two weeks ago, I got the moleskin as well. But The first day that I put down the windows, the moleskin on the driver's side came off, and left lots of adhesive on the film, so I took it back to the shop and they cleaned it up and fixed it.
Then a week ago the same thing happened to the passenger's window, I took it back and they replaced the moleskin and also the film, because it had too much adhesive and scratches.
Now is doing the same thing on the driver's side. I'm afraid is going to scratch the film, and I don't want to go back to the tint shop every single time it does this. But I actually found the problem. It is the trim(rubber) where you place the moleskin, it has two different sections, one of them is really tight to the window, so every time I put down the window, the window pulls the moleskin off, and the adhesive gets on the film on it goes up.....I don't know if someone in this forum has the same problem, or has done the moleskin installation.. Question..Can I cut the one next to the window off, and leave only one without having any problems....I seriously need some HELP!!!!!!

Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a feeling that your tint shop is installing it incorrectly. Maybe read up on the moleskin installation threads to see how to do it correctly. I don't think you should cut anything as it might cause water to leak into your door.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i never had that problem after installing my own mole skin. What you want to do is make sure you take off the rubber strips first, and clean it off thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. Then dry it off w/ a microfiber towel. After that, i cut the moleskin into two pieces. One for the bottom rubber and one for the upper rubber. The adhesive should stay on there pretty good. It's been about 8 months now, and i've had no problems w/ my moleskin coming off whatsoever.