Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quartz people

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quartz people

So for all you quartzers out there. Are ou happy w/ your interior color choice? Does it wear well? Show a lot of dirt or wrinkles? Would u choose it again?
Old 03-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i asked about camel and quartz but there are a fair amount of people that gave the pros of quartz. http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...hlight=adam209
Old 03-08-2004, 05:42 PM
What's a TL?

Some find it cheezy or that it has a rental car look...for my age and the look that I am going for, it has been perfect
Old 03-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

What is a rental car look?
how old are u?
Old 03-08-2004, 06:01 PM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by moreace
What is a rental car look?
how old are u?
I'm 23....some feel that it looks like a car you would rent i.e. a Camary or Ford or something. Not sure why that comparison has been made. Anyone that has been in my car has complemented me on it. I don't find that is looks cheap or cheezy at all
Old 03-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

nice
that is the oddest comparison I ever heard
I am 21
Old 03-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro

I thought about getting Ebony, but went with Quartz in the end.

I like the color better because it has a good contrast with the black pieces in the car. My other car is all black and it is a bit boring. The car is WAY to new to know how it will hold up in the long run, but so far it is good.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:16 PM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by moreace
nice
that is the oddest comparison I ever heard
I am 21
Agreed...you will see...a few people will probably come out and make it. Some former threads with the same topic have people complaining about how bad it looks, but those are the ones that get camel :yack:
Old 03-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Racer

I wanted ebony - there is nothing that offers more of the luxury "feel" than a black interior. However, Honda has a problem with putting black interior in White cars, so I "settled" for the quartz.

The gray interior is very nice - I had it in several Audis and a Lexus. It is very classy, but not as luxurious as the black.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 PM
270: Dats a lot o' horses

I've got a SSM/quartz combo and I love it. I originally wanted black but after seeing both in person & side-by-side, I decided I really liked the 2-tone look of the quartz better than the all black. I didn't even consider the camel or parchment because the fake wood was too much of a turn off for me. I think the quartz gives the car a much more modern, high-tech look.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Racer

I like the monotone look of Ebony, but if you prefer two tone, what ever color you choose will come with black dash, upper door sills & grips, and aluminum trim. The Parchment leather is a real nice color, but I think Quartz with the faux carbon inserts match up a little nicer with the black and silver accents than the earth colors with faux wood. (IMO)
Old 03-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Burning Brakes

I've heard this ridiculous comment before about rental cars coming in grey. Let me tell you, I've probably rented 50 different cars during business travel, if not more, and I only remember being in one rental car that had grey leather like mine. It was a top of the line Volvo 70 back in the late 90's and it was really nice.

My quartz interior is great after four months and oddly enough I'm noticing that BMW, Mercedes and Porsche have similar colored leather packages available.

I'm tired of this coming up so much, but its an important topic, and I'll say it again...the ebony is a little bland, the camel is too orange, and the parchment (and camel) contrast too much with the ebony upper dash, steering wheel and door handles in those color combinations. Plus, I think the aluminum looks odd with the fake wood as well.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:10 AM
Racer

who cares about the dash? the parchment look is good but the camel is the best. the black doesnt look luxurious it just looks bland. and quartz? god it screams RENTAL.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Instructor

I love my quartz interior. The ebony interior felt a bit claustrophobic and I didn't like the look of parchment and camel. To each his/her own, I guess.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Advanced

although I'm partial to the pimped-out look that ebony exudes, went with the quartz b/c i wanted a more spacious feel that a lighter color affords. although probably not my 'favorite' gray, it complements the black dash and the aluminium trim.

I'm actually finding the hi-tech alum. trim a little cold after 3-4 months in the car but unfortunately i can't stand the yellowish faux wood trim - if only they offered the Audi A4 3.0 wood trim in this car.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

Maintenance

I have had a Quartz colored interior in both my last car and now my TL. Anthracite/Quartz/Nav/5AT. Not only do I prefer the look and class that it adds to the car, but it is easy to maintain. Doesn't show dirt like a lighter color might. Reflects heat that Ebony doesn't. As a lot of you already know I happen to like the plood look over the black carbon and it looks good in my car. Check out my Gallery if it is back up. Just my $.02
Old 03-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

I have Quartz in this Abyss and had "Fern" in the last TL which was nearly the same grey, and I loved it. I agree with Bruce on the cleaning issue, been in other cars with camel and it just shows every ounce of dirt and grime, the grey can mask it for a while.

I do think black/ebony does look nice tho. But the people that I have given the $.50 tour in my car have all freakin loved the multi black/grey/carbon/silver colors in the cabin, not one person has hated it.

But it's all personal taste.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by digital_b
who cares about the dash? and quartz? god it screams RENTAL.
You mean like "RENTAL" BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches and Volvos? These cars all have really nice lighter grey leather interior. I've rented dozens of cars over the years, and I don't remember any with grey leather interior (except one very nice Volvo). I don't get your point at all, but the bottom line is its all a matter of taste. People who have seen my interior really like it.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Racer

I think what this discussion has shown is that the TL interior has too much going on. The leather surfaces are one color, the upper dash, steering wheel and door handles are ebony, the accents are either ebony or wood color, and then there's aluminum trim scattered throughout. It just looks too busy. Having an ebony upper dash and door handles contrasts too much with parchment or camel and then you add the wood and aluminum accents and you've got 4 different colors. Essentially you're forced into choosing either ebony or quartz interiors because the parchment and camel has too much contrast. I don't understand why Acura didn't do what Honda does and just offer a different upper dash for lighter interiors. That's what Audi does. And those aluminum accents are overkill not to mention too easily damaged. What made Acura interiors great in the past is how simple they were. What they should do is match the door handles with the seats, make the upper dash ebony for ebony and quartz, and a lighter color for parchment and camel. Keep the wood and carbon fiber accents the way they are and either scale back or get rid of the aluminum trim.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
yup my tl got quartz and i'm happy with it.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Racer

Originally posted by digital_b
who cares about the dash? the parchment look is good but the camel is the best. the black doesnt look luxurious it just looks bland. and quartz? god it screams RENTAL.
black doesn't look luxurious?? Dude I think it looks most luxurious

Quartz doesn't scream rental.....is has subtle but elegant look.

of course all these are irrelevant when is on the eye of the beholder.

I love my black thats all
Old 03-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,241 Likes on 1,028 Posts
I have Blk over Quartz. The wife wanted Blk over Blk and I thought it was tooo much. So far I love the quartz and it isn't too different than the quartz I had in my old Accord.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by HondaOnly
I think what this discussion has shown is that the TL interior has too much going on. The leather surfaces are one color, the upper dash, steering wheel and door handles are ebony, the accents are either ebony or wood color, and then there's aluminum trim scattered throughout. It just looks too busy. Having an ebony upper dash and door handles contrasts too much with parchment or camel and then you add the wood and aluminum accents and you've got 4 different colors. Essentially you're forced into choosing either ebony or quartz interiors because the parchment and camel has too much contrast. I don't understand why Acura didn't do what Honda does and just offer a different upper dash for lighter interiors. That's what Audi does. And those aluminum accents are overkill not to mention too easily damaged. What made Acura interiors great in the past is how simple they were. What they should do is match the door handles with the seats, make the upper dash ebony for ebony and quartz, and a lighter color for parchment and camel. Keep the wood and carbon fiber accents the way they are and either scale back or get rid of the aluminum trim.
The always provocative "HondaOnly" doesn't like any of 'em. Dude, tell me what interior material doesn't scratch easily? How about Corian? Or granite? Maybe marble?