Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

q regarding color choice for guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
q regarding color choice for guys

I prefer the tan with wood interior over the others, tired of black and grey from previous cars. With that being said, the light silver exterior with tan, which is IMO the best exterior color. My next choice is white, HOWEVER, my wife says that white/tan is 100% chic colors. IS WHITE/TAN FOR LADIES ONLY or can a straight guy drive this combination with pride????? Any guys out there with this combination?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Safety Car

I don't think silver has tan interior. On the white, I think your wife just don't want that combo but for '06, the white has black as option; however, you don't want that. I think white cars with black interior just looks nice and I believe is hard to find right now.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I considered a White with tan interior. It looks great to me.

I think your wife needs to stop painting with such a wide brush. People have different tastes.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Cult of Mac

like you i was tired of black and grey...

i took the WDP with tan interior and love it.. seems richer to me than grey or black.. very classy.

very good combination!

it's not "gay" (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Old 11-29-2005, 10:48 PM
2005 SSM/Ebony/5AT/NAV

Originally Posted by tex tl
...HOWEVER, my wife says that white/tan is 100% chic colors. IS WHITE/TAN FOR LADIES ONLY or can a straight guy drive this combination with pride????? Any guys out there with this combination?
Yes, your wife is right (she always is - or at least mine is ) - the WDP/Tan is only made for and sold to gay people. You must show your Rainbow Flag membership card (TM) before purchasing this color combo. Good luck getting one without this exclusive card. It's like the AmEx card but for gays only - don't leave for the Acura dealership without it if you want a WDP/Tan TL. I have a few friends that might be able to hook you up if you're still interested though...
<sarcasm off>

J.F.C. - I just can't believe that people still ask questions like this anymore...buy what you like and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got the blue and love it...with the Quartz interior... It really stands out as a rich blue...
Old 11-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Instructor

black on black
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I prefer the tan with wood interior over the others, tired of black and grey from previous cars. With that being said, the light silver exterior with tan, which is IMO the best exterior color. My next choice is white, HOWEVER, my wife says that white/tan is 100% chic colors. IS WHITE/TAN FOR LADIES ONLY or can a straight guy drive this combination with pride????? Any guys out there with this combination?
I have the WDP with Tan. My wife preferred the Anthracite with Camel. Get what you want and don't worry about the rest.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well first of all, WDP is the best color As for the tan interior, I prefer the quartz but I guess tan would be pretty cool.

A little white miata with a tan interior might be a chick car, but we aren't talking about a little miata, we're talking about a big powerful car.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the color you think is best. There are no man/woman colors offered on the TL. Any color will work for either sex..

I bought blk/ebony because I like it and think it looks beautiful when clean, not because I think men only drive dark scary cars.

Anyone who thinks the WDP/tan is a girl color probably has a tiny pecker, lives in his parents basement and should have bought a jacked-up pick-up with 44" mudders and a gun rack to compensate for the aforementioned tiny pecker!

I think the WDP/Tan combo would look classy.

In the end, you need to be happy with your ride (Don't spend 35k to make others happy). No matter what color combo you get, there will be someone out there who thinks ALL TL's are girl cars regardless of color.. and those who think the TL is a kick-arse machine regardless of color... You can't please everyone, so just get what you like.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Certified Hater

I'm 22, and when I mentioned to my friends that I wanted NBP w/tan, they all called me ... well.. a vast array of demeaning names, one in particular rhyming with the word "tag"... I diverted my attention to the ladies, asked them, and of the 15 or so I asked, every single one said they preferred black on black.. (keep in mind they are all between 20-24 yrs old)..

I say go with whatever makes you happy... ladies make me happy, so I went with the NBP
Old 11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Instructor

white tan........chicks color!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
B A N N E D

Yep....I have two white/tan cars! I dont think they are chick cars at all....but its really personal preference....

Old 11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
My last few cars have been tan/beige interiors ... to me they are more natural and warm and feel a lot roomier. Only concern is the carpet and keeping it clean but with a little forthought its easy.

I'm shooting for a white / tan TL. I ruled out an accord because they don't have white / tan.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Role model

wtf?

girl colors?

i used to drive a pink integra with white leather interior. if you have to wonder if a color is a "girl" color, you have issues
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Racer

White with a tan interior looks great. My 2001 CL Type S was San Marino Red with the tan interior and looked great. Very classy.

I have an Anthracite/Ebony. My only problem with the tan interior is that I don't like the contrast between the wood and brushed aluminum. I think the carbon fiber looks better.

Again, that's all a personal preference. It's your $30K+, get what you want. Anyone who says a certain color combination is "gay" justs lacks maturity and is probably insecure. That's one of the stupidest comments I've read on this board.

gurney
Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Yeah we got WDP with tan interior. Wife drives it though. MY first choice was Redondo Red Pearl with camel interior. Second choice was NBP with camel. Wife didn't like the Red and the dealer did not have the Blue with camel interior, so we went with our 3rd choice.

The ebony leather is nice and you don't see the dirt as much as on the tan. DUH!
Go ebony if you don't mind hot seats in the summer.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got Black on ebony like my previous car, also had a milano red with black interior and even thou is not a TL, when I met my wife she had a white Malibu with tan interior and she looked good in it.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Racer

I'm pretty sure that if you were to take a national survey of white car owners, 80 - 90% of them would be female. I think that's just the way it is.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I gotta agree with this post - If the tan interior was not so broken up it may be better. I still think the Aluminum has no business in there. If you are going to do Plood then it should have been where they put aluminum as well. Too many colors in there. Just my opinion - that is why I went with ebony.

But I totally agree - you get what YOU like - most people in the world are idiots anyway so who cares what they think - it is your car and your money. Go test drive the different coors and see what grabs you.

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle

I have an Anthracite/Ebony. My only problem with the tan interior is that I don't like the contrast between the wood and brushed aluminum. I think the carbon fiber looks better.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
I live in FL where it's hot, hot, hot most of the time. My TL is white/parchment because the lighter colors reflect the heat better. However, I am also fond of white because it seems to be easier to keep clean than most other colors with the exception of silver. Finally, I happen to just plain like the combination. In fact, my 2k TL was the exact same color as my 04. If you and your wife agree, go for it.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally, I wanted WDP/Parchment because I always thought it was a nice combo (on other cars I had seen). My old car was silver/gray, so I also wanted something different. However, once I saw WDP/Parchment in person, I didn't like it as much as WDP/Quartz, which I ended up getting. The parchment interior seemed busy to me...black, tan, wood, aluminum...too many different, contrasting colors. Even though I didn't want quartz, it seemed to flow better to me.

The point of all that is get what you like. As you can see, many like the parchment interior. And as long as those folks are happy, cool. Look at everything in person, get what you want, and enjoy it.

Plus, there aren't any chick colors (seafoam green, light azure, etc) available for the TL because the TL isn't a chick car...a Miata on the other hand (in any color)...

And tzakiel is right, WDP is the best color.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear

Wink

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
White with a tan interior looks great. My 2001 CL Type S was San Marino Red with the tan interior and looked great. Very classy.

Again, that's all a personal preference. It's your $30K+, get what you want. Anyone who says a certain color combination is "gay" justs lacks maturity and is probably insecure. That's one of the stupidest comments I've read on this board.

gurney
If you don't think certain cars and car colors are marketed based on sex or race, you need to wake up and smell the starbucks! Maybe they also market to people who lack maturity and have insecurities, LOL.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro

its all about how comfortable YOU are with your sexuality

i could drive a jetta and be comfortable....
Old 11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by EMF213
I'm pretty sure that if you were to take a national survey of white car owners, 80 - 90% of them would be female. I think that's just the way it is.
That is a questionable statement there... Would love to know what you are basing your comment on? There was some type of statement based on fact that I heard once that stated that there were more white cars out there on the road than any others? Rental cars, lease cars, municipalities, ect LOVE white cars....FACT...they get about anywhere from 5% to 15% higher resale value in the auctions around Indiana? Huh....figure the odds?

Copied from a web site....

Color
No choice is more important than color. Color determines the whole personality of your car. Unusual color schemes may seem glamorous at first, but they’ll have less resale value when you try to trade in your car 5 years from now. The most popular colors are white, black, silver/gray, and medium red. Bright red is most popular on small cars and sports cars. If you have trouble deciding, choose the one that the manufacturer uses in the brochure and advertises for that model. It’ll be the color in which the car looks best.

White is popular because it always looks crisp and clean and seems to say "high class". White also reflects heat, so your air-conditioner works less and you save fuel. White is also the most durable paint color, the easiest to touch up and the easiest to clean. According to studies performed by Daimler-Benz engineers, white is also 1200% more visible than dark colors, so it’s even safer than other hues.
(end copy)

Bottom line...its a personal perference thing. Sounds to me like White, Silver, Red, or Black are all safe choices?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Yes, white/tan combo is crazy gay. It means you take it up the ass and give head regularly.

Come on now...It's not like you're driving a lavendar car with a pink interior in a VW bug or something.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Grey with Black
Old 11-30-2005, 08:19 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigB270
Grey with Black
agreed!

Old 11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Team Anthracite Member

White/Parchment is a great color combo.
I have Anthracite/Camel and couldn't be happier.... It's got a very 'European' look to it. (BMW has been offering light 'brown' interiors for years and all the older Ferrari's all had tan interiors).

I'd say go for it!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by erok72
White/Parchment is a great color combo.
I have Anthracite/Camel and couldn't be happier.... It's got a very 'European' look to it. (BMW has been offering light 'brown' interiors for years and all the older Ferrari's all had tan interiors).

I'd say go for it!
Sorry for the double-posts... Missed the 'edit' window... My bad.

Would you consider the 500hp M5 in white with tan interior or Ferrari F430 with camel interior 'gay' cars because of their color?!? I would hope not
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Racer

I like the camel interior...
WDP is a really nice exterior color and I almost wanted it but my dad actually thought it was sorta feminine...so I fell back on silver which I liked to.

If they made WDP/Camel, that would be nice. I also just don't like the plood inserts.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Racer

I have two 03TL and 05Tl, both are WDP/ Parchment
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Girl's combo....

White with beige leather is among one of the classier combos you can buy. Tint the windows, and it will really look good.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
Yes, your wife is right (she always is - or at least mine is ) - the WDP/Tan is only made for and sold to gay people. You must show your Rainbow Flag membership card (TM) before purchasing this color combo. Good luck getting one without this exclusive card. It's like the AmEx card but for gays only - don't leave for the Acura dealership without it if you want a WDP/Tan TL. I have a few friends that might be able to hook you up if you're still interested though...
<sarcasm off>

J.F.C. - I just can't believe that people still ask questions like this anymore...buy what you like and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
LOL - As a matter of fact, I showed my Rainbow Flag membership when I arrived at the dealership - they brought me right to my wdp w/parch. :ghey:
Old 12-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Pro

Black On Black!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Safety Car

The new silver looks pretty nice.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Instructor

I love the WDP with tan........ i just cant stand the woodgrain......... id rip that shit out in a heart beat..... maybe replace it with the carbon fiber trims.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by morninglight
I love the WDP with tan........ i just cant stand the woodgrain......... id rip that shit out in a heart beat..... maybe replace it with the carbon fiber trims.

Does that match at all? Perhaps getting a darker woodgrain like the 2G one would probably look better?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Plus, there aren't any chick colors (seafoam green, light azure, etc) available for the TL because the TL isn't a chick car...a Miata on the other hand (in any color)...

Hey, don't knock on the miata (grin). I had a miata for 8 years and loved it. It is a poor man's true sports car. It is just such a fun car to drive. I love my current TL too but I do miss the Miata from time to time. And yeah, I quite often get strange looks/remarks whenever I mentioned I have a miata.

Beige or tan interior are just such classy colours. For 3rd gen TL, silver/grey/white exteriors really brings out the lines, more so than the black on black I have. My point is, just like everyone else is saying, just get the colours you like and don't worry about what anyone else says.

Cheers,

Cave.