Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing car in Socal or Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing car in Socal or Arizona

hey guys, i recently got a new job out in Tuscon Az, and im in the market to buy a new tl, im just wondering if you guys can pitch in some advice on where i should purchase and if there is any advantages of purchasing in each state, im currently residing in socal right now and will be leaving sometime early august. Im hoping that you guys can shed some light as to how much yoru car was in AZ or in CA.

fyi i would like to get quotes for cars with navi and automatic, thanks

Jon
Old 07-05-2005, 10:41 AM
10th Gear

Your situation is similar to mine. I moved to Tucson from the O.C about 3 years ago. Your new TL situation may be a bit complicated. CA has more Acura dealers which mean you will get better price. The bad thing is you will pay more to register the car in CA, and once you are here in AZ, you will have to register the car again. Tucson only has one Acura dealer and it is somewhat difficult to negotiate the price down—believe me, I tried. I considered Acura dealers in Costa Mesa, Irvine, Cerritos, and Tucson but ended up bought mine back in February in the Phoenix area because of slightly better price. Another option is for you to buy the car in CA and register in AZ. This way you don’t pay CA’s sale tax. The catch, however, is that you will have to pay AZ’s sale tax when you register your car here. The sale tax in AZ is about 7.6% which may not make enough difference compare to the hassles associate with it. Also, one dealer in CA told me, to avoid CA’s sale tax, you can’t drive the car out of the lot. It has to be delivered to you in AZ. I’m not sure if this is true or they just want to make thing complicated for me. The only advice I can give you is to negotiate through email and always negotiate as an out-the-door price. This way you don’t feel the pressure and you can take your time considering their offer. Good luck
Old 07-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Advanced

I've purchased three new Acura's in AZ -- all in Phoenix. Two at Bell Acura, one at Scottsdale Acura. Never dealt with Tempe Acura. Bell is under new ownership so I don't know how they are now. Their service is great. I've found that registration in Arizona is more expensive than California (I've done both). Get quotes from all of them. Tucson, with only one dealer, may not be to your advantage.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:04 AM
Abyss Blue Sexiness

I'm in Tucson as well. I bought my car from Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville, Florida last summer and had it shipped here. At that time it made a lot of sense since it was the first model year and local AZ dealers were hard to negotiate with (I talked to all of them and few would budge in the direction I wanted). Back then I got my car for a few hundred dollars over invoice, but I would imagine now that the demand is down you would be able to get a better deal here in AZ. Phoenix probably would be best because of competition.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

thanks alot guys this information helps alot if you guys have any other tips i would be more than happy to hear them thanks again
Old 07-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Instructor

I bought my TL in Tucson last July and was very happy with the service but new ownership took over this year and I haven't dealt with them yet. I'm in Sierra Vista by the way.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
10th Gear

I bought my car from Acura of Tempe. My sale person was very unprofessional and I will never deal with him again . The dealer itself seems fine. I had purchased my previous car from Beaudry Acura (now Chapman Acura) in Tucson. I always take my car there for service. They are straight forward and never give me a run around. In fact, my car is at the dealer right now to fix some rattles.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I live in Phoenix and got the best price ($500+savings) from Beaudry in Tucson!!! But this was in April 2004. Who knows now.