Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchased 05 Black/Black with Navi from Santa Monica Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:53 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchased 05 Black/Black with Navi from Santa Monica Acura

Hey y'all. Finally got my Black/Black TL a few days ago from Santa Monica Acura. A little backstory... I got it for $31,600 before TTL, and $34,342 OTD. Dealt with JC and Julio...both are outstanding people to deal with. JC was the one who negotiated the deal, Julio closed it for him. Other dealers told me there was NO WAY I could get it at this price, and that Santa Monica didn't even have it on their lot. Apparently they did a trade with Downey Acura a few days back and got this one in. It was their only one! Other dealerships said that the lowest they could go was from 32,500-33,000 before TTL, so I feel good about the purchase. I can finally share my driving stories with you guys as well!

I almost got a Black/Black Automatic G35 Coupe, but figured that if I were to get it I should get a stick only.

Pictures will be coming soon. I can't tell you how excited I am. Can't wait for the 600 mile break-in period to be over with!

Just a couple questions...I know I haven't been able to use the VTEC yet, but is the low-end power supposed to be a bit on the weakside? I can still get up hills just fine, but it feels a little weak even compared to say a 2.5 Nissan Altima which my friend has. Any info regarding this would be great!

The second thing is the AC. I noticed that even when I put it on Low (55 degrees I'm guessing), it's not as cold as I'd imagined it. My friend's mom has a Cadillac Deville and even on 65 degrees it feels like there's an ice chest in there. Should I take it back to the dealer and have him check the coolant? Or is the AC a little on the weakside as well?

Everything else is great: Bluetooth, Navi, I could go on and on. You just can't beat this car for overall value. I'm glad I made this choice!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE=askd]Hey y'all. Finally got my Black/Black TL a few days ago from Santa Monica Acura. A
The second thing is the AC. I noticed that even when I put it on Low (55 degrees I'm guessing), it's not as cold as I'd imagined it. My friend's mom has a Cadillac Deville and even on 65 degrees it feels like there's an ice chest in there. Should I take it back to the dealer and have him check the coolant? Or is the AC a little on the weakside as well?

Congratualtions on car. I have the same exact year and color.
The air conditoner is one thing I find superb on the car, and rave about. We have had a very hot summer here in new york, and the ac works so well, compared to my other vehicles.
In my other vehicles, (and I LOVE air conditioning) I usually turn the ac up to high, fall fan speed and leave it there.
With the tl, I usually never go past the 3 bar setting on the fan, and usually keep it at 68 degrees, during the real hot weather.
I dont know if its the air filtration or what, but even though the car cools off nice, it doesnt feel heavy or chemically.; the smell of the air in the car, has like a nice fall sping day type of quality to it. Doesnt give me a headache or anything.
When at work, the car, stays on the street in the sun for ten or twelve hours. I get in , start her up, and withing two minutes I am comfortable, even without opening my windows.
Well, that is my experience, and I have seen other complaints on this line about ac, so I guess we all have different experiences with out cars.

Thanks flatfoot
Old 09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,148 Likes on 775 Posts
Originally Posted by askd
Hey y'all. Finally got my Black/Black TL a few days ago from Santa Monica Acura...
I almost got a Black/Black Automatic G35 Coupe, but figured that if I were to get it I should get a stick only.
...is the low-end power supposed to be a bit on the weakside? I can still get up hills just fine, but it feels a little weak even compared to say a 2.5 Nissan Altima which my friend has. Any info regarding this would be great!

The second thing is the AC. I noticed that even when I put it on Low (55 degrees I'm guessing), it's not as cold as I'd imagined it...
Congratulations! I got my SSM TL 5A from Santa Monica Acura at the end of March, and am very happy w/the car.
I also considered a G35, and was on the phone comparing deals w/Infiniti across the street while at Santa Monica Acura. TL had a better and quieter interior than the G35, IMO.
The TL auto has less low-end than a G35 auto from 0-30 mph, but otherwise is pretty strong compared to everything else. I don't think low end is a problem on TL, and I even thought the 2005 Mustang GT manual was initially slow off the line! You might need to adapt to the TL's drive-by-wire accelerator-- it is not a direct mechanical connection to the throttle. You will probably notice traffic disappearing behind you pretty quickly, even well below the VTEC cut-in, like I've noticed. Budget for traffic tickets.

Like "flatfoot", I think the A/C on my TL is really good-- "Auto" mode works perfectly. I keep it at 71 because car gets too cold below that.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
From the Desert 2 the sea

I also bought from Santa Monica Acura and found it good experience.
My 2004 TL w/nav was purchased in Feb of '04 so you can imagine I paid top dollar.
Oh well I wanted it bad enough to pay the price.
I love the car.
Their service department is less then stellar.
Take the time after each visit to fully inspect your car.
I've had re-clean the interior to remove grease and scuffs after each visit and buff out new exterior scratches.
I'll continue going there for service (as the next nearest dealership is in the valley) but I dread it each time.
Enjoy your new ride.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Advanced

Congrats, I bought a SSM/Ebony 5AT Navi from Julio and JC in Santa Monica about a month ago for the same price. Nobody else could touch it. My local dealer here in Ventura went balistic when I asked him to match it. Good luck, I am loving mine.