Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
[IMG]http://tl.acurazine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Pulled over again!!!

i was driving in the bronx yesterday, in the rain and a cop pulled me over because of my tints. Very random, out of no where, and my tints aren't even dark, the front are 35% and the rear is 25%..... 80$ each ticket for front and rear!!.... has this happened to anyone???
Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Considering that you got tickets for the front and rear I'm sure you've acted like an ass. You usually get just one with a warning.

It is illegal in NYC to have ANY film on your car windows. We all know it. And thus when we get ticketed for it we don't start a thread on this... Get it?

Pay them.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
$80 a ticket? dude I used to get em down to $15

get a doctor's note saying you are sensitive to the sun
Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
$80 a ticket? dude I used to get em down to $15

get a doctor's note saying you are sensitive to the sun
That doesn't work up here .. I tried.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Race Director

^ Yep, I've even tried to get one for my dad and my grandma.. Rejected. Apparently you must have a serious degenerating condition where you can be considered legally blind.. Which raises another question, why the f*ck do legally blind people drive?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
for the same reason people put illegal tints on the windows then act surprised when they get pulled over ~for no reason at all~

Dark windows hide guns- plain and simple
Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Race Director

To the OP.. do you know when cops in NYC consider your tints to be dark?

When they look into your drive side mirror..and they can't see your face. You'll get pulled over. Drive with the sunroof shade open.

I have 35% all around, and 20% in the back on a WDP.. You definitely caught their eyes with some ass driving.... because no cop will ever give so many tickets as they will get dismissed to one.. they all know that. So fight it.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude you honestly lucky NYPD Traffic cops are trained to give tickets for every window tinted so ur lucky u didnt get 7 tickets and im not even kidding but it sucks that u got tickets and only time i got stopped fpr my tints was in the rai aswell cause it makes them look alot darker... u can get it reduced or get a note from doctor
Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Pro

Has anybody ever successfully gotten a doctor's exemption for tint? My understanding, like TeknoKing said, is you have to have a pretty serious condition (eye or skin) to qualify. Unless you have some kind of connections I guess.

Got pulled last weekend for my tint and was issued a fix-it ticket, no fine option. My first instinct was to try for an exemption but pretty much any reputable optometrist is going to shut you down as soon as you mention it.....I tried several.

Tint comes off tomorrow unfortunately. Will probably go back with 35% after getting the ticket signed off even though it will technically still be illegal. Can't stand tintless windows! Pissed about it but anybody putting dark tint on should already know that this is a risk you're taking. I never understand the people that blame the cops for doing their jobs. And this is coming from someone that got pulled over strictly for tint.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Intermediate

I have sucessfully gotten a doctors note for tint in my car, but it was not easy by any means and was only because I was involved in an IED blast in iraq and had small pieces of shrapnel hit my retina and my eyes are actually extremely sensitive to certain light conditions, I have never had to show my doctors note and have never been pulled over for it and my windows are 20 with 5 on the back glass. I dont know how NYPD are with tint but with my experience if you dont drive like a moron then they really have better things to do than pull you for tint
Old 04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Thankfully I don't live in a retarded state.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
tints FTW! 20% and lower!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
for the same reason people put illegal tints on the windows then act surprised when they get pulled over ~for no reason at all~

Dark windows hide guns- plain and simple
Here in the south they hang guns in plain view.. If I was a cop.. idk if I'd risk my life to give an $80 citation. I have 5% on my rears and 25% on the fronts. Do I expect to talk my way out of a ticket or find it ridiculous to be ticketed for it.. no.. that's asinine. Pay the ticket.. If you can't afford it then don't tint your windows. You're lucky he didn't make you remove it.

:dumbass:
Old 04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems like getting pulled over for tints is something very unlikely to happen.

It's hard to see tints. Try to notice other cars' tints as you pass them. You can't really tell until you are up close.
- If you are coming from the opposite direction, You notice only when you are close and passing by in which case a cop would have to completely turn around in order to catch you.
- If you are driving past a cop parked perpendicular to you, it's hard to spot until you are very close and pass by, then you are gone and the cop probably won't bother to try and catch you.
- So to get caught a cop would have to be driving in the same direction as you or turning into you direction and notice your tint probably because you are either driving recklessly or speeding.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
[IMG]http://tl.acurazine.

nah not even i was at a red light , then when it turned green he followed me, i was doing maybe 30 35 in a 40. n there where lots of cars with darker tints around me....maybe because hes upset because i have a sexy car!!!....WDP!!!!!...haha, but ima fight it tho!!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chairguru22
It seems like getting pulled over for tints is something very unlikely to happen.

It's hard to see tints. Try to notice other cars' tints as you pass them. You can't really tell until you are up close.
- If you are coming from the opposite direction, You notice only when you are close and passing by in which case a cop would have to completely turn around in order to catch you.
- If you are driving past a cop parked perpendicular to you, it's hard to spot until you are very close and pass by, then you are gone and the cop probably won't bother to try and catch you.
- So to get caught a cop would have to be driving in the same direction as you or turning into you direction and notice your tint probably because you are either driving recklessly or speeding.
I'm going to diagree with this one a bit, if you have windows tinted less than 50% you can very easily tell they are tinted. Especially if you are po po always looking out for tints to give tickets, after staring at them for a while, you can tell quite easily.

I got 50% tint on mine because i didn't want to get tickets for it and I always wished i went darker, but when posts like these come up, glad i don't have to waste time going to court or spending $200 on the tickets.

Here in NYC, tint laws set at 70% for the back windows and no tints on the front windows.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by jimsta

Los Locos kick your @$$.
Los Locos kick your face.
Los Locos kick your balls into outer space!
lol... Johnny 5... classic.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Racer

You just got picked on cause your car is sexy lol. I got an $81 ticket lastnight for blue license plate lights...
Old 04-02-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by mista.huynh
You just got picked on cause your car is sexy lol. I got an $81 ticket lastnight for blue license plate lights...
damn.. should have went with that ultrabright white.. or the dual die LED..

"what are you talking about officer?.. my LP light is white.." (flip switch)
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Majofo
damn.. should have went with that ultrabright white.. or the dual die LED..

"what are you talking about officer?.. my LP light is white.." (flip switch)
lol, yup I'm kicking myself for it. I'm still young and I didn't know any better
Old 04-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
umm you have illegal tint what did you think was going to happen?

Just think of it as the tint tax. You got to pay to play!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Pro

It's definitely easy to spot tint darker than 35%. Anybody familiar with tint notices this everytime they see another tinted car. That said, most cops are just as perceptive if not more. Usually they just have bigger problems to deal with.

Also, while I agree that if you're driving like a moron you're more likely to get hassled for it, it's not always the case. In my case, I was driving into my neighborhood where I typically drive about 5mph below the speed limit since there are usually kids around playing outside. So, it does happen for no reason other than just your tint, but it is rare. Bad luck on my part but it is what it is. You put something illegal on your car, you accept the consequence.

Being able to pay a fine and move on would be nice but on the other hand, I'm done dealing with this type of thing so I'll be going lighter. If I still get pulled over (with something at least very close to legal depending on the "stock" tint) I'll be a little more upset.

Last edited by jweb12; 04-02-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
welcome to my world. I get pulled over/searched on a regular basis for tint's. I had 5% on my cl so I thought by going lighter (18%) on my tl I'll be good. WRONG, It's mainly towns that have little to no crime,cop's are bored,and they get most of their arrest's starting as just a tint ticket.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
These colors don't run

Tint is a reason for them to pull you over to check and make sure you aren't driving without a license or have warrant. Can't be mad because they are doing their job.

You aren't mad at them when you need them right?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
DuDeChEwY

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
^ Yep, I've even tried to get one for my dad and my grandma.. Rejected. Apparently you must have a serious degenerating condition where you can be considered legally blind.. Which raises another question, why the f*ck do legally blind people drive?
i got a note.....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
New York sounds f'ed up. Here, many cars come tinted from the dealership.

Anyone knows what would happen if someone from out of state was driving through NY with dark tints?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Pro

Pretty sure they won't hassle you if you're out of state. Some people have their cars registered in different states for this reason.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
HOME SWEET HOME....

Originally Posted by jimsta
Here in NYC, tint laws set at 70% for the back windows and no tints on the front windows.
I'd have to disagree... i was told by a family member thats on the force... that u can have ur back windows any % u want but no tint on the front windows.

Originally Posted by Babnik
New York sounds f'ed up. Here, many cars come tinted from the dealership.

Anyone knows what would happen if someone from out of state was driving through NY with dark tints?
most likely unless u run into an asshole and we have plenty to choose from in NYPD nothing will happen, I have VA plates for this exact reason, and on my last car i had 5% all the way around, VA tags got pulled over once for the 2 front windows, ended up beating it in court 1)because im from "out of town" and 2)my front windows were rolled down and the cop told me to roll them up, judge felt she didnt have an real probable cause to pull me over if the only windows that were up were the rear
Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jweb12
Pretty sure they won't hassle you if you're out of state. Some people have their cars registered in different states for this reason.
you could not be more wrong

they will pull your ass right over... and issue you a CRIMINAL COURT ticket... (that's pink... and yes I agree its supposed to be a DMV yellow but pink is what they use to meet quota)
which means if you were lets say from MA... and you were out in NYC crusing down the street with your radio on blast windows up talking to your wife about all the food you ate and then wooptee wooppp booop booop you get pulled over

they have this little nifty tint meter, which just so happens I see they stop alot of people at night... tint meter at night reads darker

anyway back to the story, you get a criminal court ticket 2 of them for both windows... guess what in a month you have to by at court... your pretty much screwed I know... but if you dont show you get a bench warrant for your arrest... very dumb and a waste of taxpayer money...

or you could hire a lawyer to show up to court for yah, and you will still be found guilty and now you have to pay a fine and administration fee which a fake ass judge called a Judicial Hearing Officer makes up

soooo

welcome to new york city

Last edited by stillhere153; 04-04-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 PM
HOME SWEET HOME....

Originally Posted by stillhere153
you could not be more wrong

they will pull your ass right over... and issue you a CRIMINAL COURT ticket... (that's pink... and yes I agree its supposed to be a DMV yellow but pink is what they use to meet quota)
which means if you were lets say from MA... and you were out in NYC crusing down the street with your radio on blast windows up talking to your wife about all the food you ate and then wooptee wooppp booop booop you get pulled over

they have this little nifty tint meter, which just so happens I see they stop alot of people at night... tint meter at night reads darker

anyway back to the story, you get a criminal court ticket 2 of them for both windows... guess what in a month you have to by at court... your pretty much screwed I know... but if you dont show you get a bench warrant for your arrest... very dumb and a waste of taxpayer money...

or you could hire a lawyer to show up to court for yah, and you will still be found guilty and now you have to pay a fine and administration fee which a fake ass judge called a Judicial Hearing Officer makes up

soooo

welcome to new york city
damn man sounds like a personal experience.... but couldnt have been said any better

at the siren sound effects i actually did them in my head to while reading the post..lol
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Pro

I see. I had heard/read people saying this was the case, wasn't basing this on personal experience. Thanks for the clarification.

I know the nifty tint meter very well. I've had the pleasure of seeing it in action more than once.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
wishing for a GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CKOPOCTb , funny guy =]
Old 04-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Both my wife's car and my TL have 20% on the sides and rear. I've been pulled over three times in my TL. One of those was for a moving violation but the other two were for the tint only. One of those stops the cop said "gang-bangers drive integras!" In my wife's Subaru, niether of us has ever been pulled over for tint. I"m not an agressive driver and we put more miles on the Subaru (25k vs. 5k).

I think the TL is just a beautiful car that attracts attention... oh, and we're all gang-bangers.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mug
Both my wife's car and my TL have 20% on the sides and rear. I've been pulled over three times in my TL. One of those was for a moving violation but the other two were for the tint only. One of those stops the cop said "gang-bangers drive integras!" In my wife's Subaru, niether of us has ever been pulled over for tint. I"m not an agressive driver and we put more miles on the Subaru (25k vs. 5k).

I think the TL is just a beautiful car that attracts attention... oh, and we're all gang-bangers.
Man those eskimo gangster's must be hard MF's! or the police there watch too much Reno 911.. lol.. just busting your chops.. it seems ridiculous why Alaska wouldn't allow 20% tint or at least 25%.

all gangsters? well if that's what they think.. AZine 'fo Life Foo! (meow)
Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FreedomEagle50
Tint is a reason for them to pull you over to check and make sure you aren't driving without a license or have warrant. Can't be mad because they are doing their job.

You aren't mad at them when you need them right?
^^ 100% correct. Cops are merely setting their p/c (probable cause). They are not really worried about the tints. If they find something, ie warrants, drugs, etc. They use the tints as the reason for stop, so the suspect can't fight the reason they were pulled over.

So, if you are "Riding Dirty" you may not want to have your windows tinted.....
Old 04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mista.huynh

I was given a verbal warning for lightly tinted tag cover and 20% tints on my windows, but I kept it and so far so good.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
I have tinted plate covers too and never been harassed. My brother had them on a mini-van and they gave him trouble!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I grow it in

tints

I bought my car with the tints from down state, got pulled over for them 15% all around and told the officer I was unaware of the law, she just let me go after reminding me they were illegal and said that if
I didn't get them removed and got pulled over agin the dealership who sold it with tints would have to pay to have them removed.
I dont think they are going to go through all of the trouble of dealing with a dealership 5 hours away...
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
The only people who get pulled over are the ones dumb enough to do something that attracts attention.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DMZ
The only people who get pulled over are the ones dumb enough to do something that attracts attention.
I used to whole-heartedly agree with that statement.

Quick Reply: Pulled over again!!!