Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled Over in 3rd Gen for Tint-Ticketed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coop1018
Just got pulled over. It was a state cop looking for something to do. I pulled up next to him at a stop light and before I came up to him, I rolled down my front windows. He never asked me to roll my front windows up. He was referring to my rear windows as being too dark. He ticketed me for $105. He did not make me tear it off but said if he sees me again, he will give me another ticket.

What are my options??

Can I fight this in any way? Can I get something that says I have sensitive eyes? ( I know, stretchin it!) or should I keep it on and risk being pulled over again? Should I remove it?
I live in Collegeville but work in KOP. I have 20% tint all around. Where did you get pulled over in KOP?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Visionary Styles Crew

in nyc, a cop can't give you a ticket unless he has the tint machine. it will never hold up in court.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

Originally Posted by gomezine
in nyc, a cop can't give you a ticket unless he has the tint machine. it will never hold up in court.
Are you sure about this? I've never heard of this before. I've also heard that your allowed any percent of tint on your back windows and nothing on your fronts but from what i have read it states we basically can't have any tints except the rear window.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I think it really differs on each states cop's mood. Those tint tickets are similar to exhaust laws. I got a ticket on my previous car regarding my exhaust, it wasnt even that loud and was doing 25mph on a 30mph speed zone and all of a sudden the cop decided to pull me over. He was also bitching about my radar detector even tho its legal to have it here in NY.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tzakiel
what % are you at? I got ANOTHER speeding ticket the other night... that makes 4 int he last 2 years or so... I really gotta check out my points at this stage... who do I even call to find out what my record is? The DMV people?

The local road in front of my house is 35 mph. Traffic moves at about 55-60 and it's safe to do at least 70. I was doing 56 this time when I was pulled. Afterwards, I drove the 35 mph and immediately had 6-7 people behind me trying to find a place to pass me.
Where did you get ticked? Yeah you have to either visit the DMV or you can order your driving record on-line. But before you can do that you must have a PIN. You can have a PIN mailed to you for free and then you can login and get your driving record for a fee. I can't recall but I think it's under $30.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:36 AM
3rd Gear

I live in ny, and I have 35% on the sides and back. I was pulled over a couple days ago for the tints and he just gave me a ticket for the driver side window. The little machine thing he used to measure the tint said 28%, and he said 70% was legal. neways, i told my friend who did my tints for me, and he said that he will write me a receipt saying i removed it, and I should be able to get the ticket dropped. I will keep you guys posted of the outcome
Old 03-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Got VTEC?

I always roll down my front window when I see a cop. I have 15% all round.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 PM
B A N N E D

I never roll down my windows and basically any tint in my town is illegal, but the cops never pull me over for it. I also know in Iowa you can get an eye exam, and the tint shop told me to go in and just squint my eyes and what not to get the doctor to sign the DOT card saying I needed tint for my eyes. In that case you can have 35% all the way around LEGALLY. I just ended up going with 15% all the way round though, and will go 5 next time.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

He COOP 1018....I live in philly too....have a 20% tint....i am always scared when i drive by a cop....because i feel they will stop me for tint
Old 03-04-2007, 07:55 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
thanks... i knew when i got the tint done that 20 is illegal but i figured it wouldnt be as blatant as 5. didnt know that 35% is the cut-off... and 75 in the city - NYPD never bugs me (maybe it's bc NYPD actually has REAL sh*t goin on and dont have to sit around all day waiting to give out tickets... just a thought) ONE time I stopped at an intersection with the cop across from me in the opposite lane and he popped a U-ey when the light turned green and I swore the way he made that turn he was gonna pull me over but turns out he was gonna give me a ticket for not having a front license plate, that is, until he saw I have FL tags still... He just kept on going. A lot of this might sound like hostility towards the FDLE, but it's more like, uhhh, how do I put this nicely? Hatred. I've NEVER had a problem with the NYPD... Lived in NY for most of my life, moved to FL for 3 years, and now I'm back, with a record longer than my arm (literally - it's ridiculous). All thanks to my pals @ the FL Dept of Law Enf.

Let me sum it up:
1. Failing to come to a complete stop (in an EMPTY neighborhood.. i did a rolling stop)
2. Failure to produce insurance card (it was in the mail - this got dismissed)
3. Speeding - 75 in 40
4. Taking a turn "too fast" - psh - too fast for the cops big-ass Durango maybe... made a left turn doing 40 in a 35 - (this one was on my BDAY so she let me go... and on 9/11... bad luck i tell ya!)
5. the day I got my blue tectoyz lights I got pulled over... NOT for the lights being on while driving, but for going 46 in a 40. 46!!!! Gimme a f'in break!
6. Speeding - 91 in a 70 on I-4
but I did 135 for about 2 hrs on the Turnpike going to Miami and the cops just flew right past me! Unbelievable!
7. Speeding - 65 in a 55 - and #8
8. Failing to yield to an emrgency vehicle 3,000 ft. a.k.a "Evading a police unit - Strobes on; Siren Yelp on" - This is ridiculous, but I cant help but laugh... theres NO shoulder on the road, so I waited til the next possible shoulder or turn (which was like amin or two up the road, so i set cruise to 55 WITH my hazards on and wait til I get to the corner... and he tries to tell me i'm evading a police officer... take ur Malibu and SHOVE IIIT)

9. DUI Checkpoint - License not present (i didnt have my license with me ONE time, and i hit a DUI checkpoint. CLEARLY the man upstairs isnt a fan..)

Everytime I go back to FL, without fail, I get pulled over. Except for the last time, but I was in my sister's Navigator and I hate its handling so I did 5-10 over the posted speed.

This is what I say to FDLE

PHEW!! sorry to take over the thread - I feel better now that thats off my chest! lol
The ones in bold are ones that I would flip out if I got, c'mon only 10mph or less over the speed limit how can you get pulled for that, that's rediculous in CT just about everyone does AT LEAST 10mph over the speed limit!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Cruisin'

hey COOP1018, how dark are your tints. because i live in king of prussia, but i got my tints done in philly close to south street, and i had my tints on for two and sum years now, and not once got ticketed. are you tints darker than mine, because some places use different film. take a look....

Old 08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

Im pretty sure in cali i can limo tint my backs without a prob