Sponsored by:

Props to my dealer (Nashua, NH)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:55 PM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Props to my dealer (Nashua, NH)

Greetings all...

I know that the general consensus on many dealers is that they are "all the same", or "just plain bad"... I, like many of you, do not particularly care for dealerships as a whole. I've owned plenty of vehicles, most purchased new. And, I can honestly say that I haven't had many "good experiences" - most are bad or average.

My '06 TL NAVI was purchased new a few months ago. The sales process for me was to pretty much show up and make an offer. We eventually agreed on a price that acceptable on both sides.

In the 90 days I've had the car, it has been back to the dealer four times.

1) Install rear wing spoiler
2) Vibration in steering wheel (road force balance done, problem not fixed), squeak in passenger seat (seat tightened, problem gone but returned), defect in passenger door panel (panel replaced)
3) Vibration in steering wheel (road force balance re-done, problem fixed), passenger seat squeak (they took my comments about a post I saw on here and removed the seat, installed felt on the plastic guides, problem fixed), oil change (first one free).
4) Repair of damage caused during visit 3.

Now, believe it or not, Visit number 4 is actually why I'm interested in giving props to the dealer.

Yes, there was some slight damage caused during visit number 3. And, when I called the dealer after picking up the car to discuss, they accepted responsibility right away and said they would take care of it.

Well, I just went to pick up my car today after being told it was all set. Was the damage taken care of? Yes. And, it was handled in a way that I never would have even imagined.

I'm not going to publicly tell everyone what the damage was, or how it was fixed. I don't really believe it's appropriate (though, the techincally able might have some pretty good guesses as what was damaged during visit 3 and how). My dealer definitely stepped up to the place on this one, and took care of my issue. And, let's just say that my car looks and drives better than it did the day I bought it (the road force numbers on the tires are down to no higher than 4 lbs).

So, here's a public acknowledgement and Thank You to the service crew (thanks Anthony and Dave) at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH. You guys know that I'm fairly particular about my car, and are *still* willing to take it in for service.

I've definitely found that not all service departments are the same. I've also found a place that I feel I can trust with my car. Thanks for everything, guys.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:00 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to hear. I feel the same way about my dealership here in WI.

They have put up with my nit-pickyness for over a year now, and I appreciate it greatly. In fact, I have sent them a lot of business, 4 new car sales to be exact, in the past 8 months with one more on the when my Mom buys her RL!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have purchased and have my TL serviced at Sunnyside Acura and I totally agree. They are all great, friendly and helpfull people. I haven't met Anthony yet but Dave has always extreamly helpfull. I am so glad that I found them when I was shopping around, the dealers here in Mass couldn't compete.