Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problematic weekend........

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Problematic weekend........

What a weekend! Seems like things just fell apart or stopped working.

First, A filler piece fell out of the passenger door when my daughter closed it. She snapped it back into place and finally she got it to hold. I think this one is fixed.

Second, heard a new noise from above me. I looked up and the headliner was hanging about an inch low along the back edge of the sunroof. Pushed it up but it won't stay in place. It seems to me that it is held in place with some kind of double stick tape. One for the dealer to fix.

Third, I finally get the XM radio turned on only to come out the next day to a radio that had lost all the XM stations. Called and had the signal sent again and was told to shut the radio off before shutting off the car. Did that and still lost all the satations. XM had me try four times till they gave me some technical guy and he said it is one for the dealer. Spent an hour on hold with XM total.

Fourth, as long as I am going to the dealer I will tell him about the rattle from the steering column. I cannot locate it exactly but it sounds like a ball from a ball bearing rattling around.

Did anyone else have any of these problems? I know the steering column rattle has been discussed before. I just hope it holds together till I get to the dealership!!
Old 03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
User Registered

I had the cover-plate behind the door lever come out. I think that's what you're talking about. Now it's sitting in my console til I get back to the dealership.

I heard a noise near the moonroof and I still can't figure it out.

The steering wheel noise I heard is gone. Dunno what happened.

I have not been happy with the overall quality of the build. Ever since I went the Honda route over rive years ago, I never thought I'd be worrying about what is gonna break or go wrong next. Sad to say, I feel so unsure of what's next.

Love the car, but geez, what happend to Honda quality?
Old 03-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Instructor

I had the cover-plate behind the door lever come out. I think that's what you're talking about. Now it's sitting in my console til I get back to the dealership.

That's the one. We snapped ours back into place. Seems to be holding.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Instructor

I'm hearing a subtle rattle coming from the area between the front edge of the moonroof, overhead light, and sun visor bracket. It's driving me NUTS.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:42 PM
User Registered

drising - that's the area I'm hearing it. Aaarrrggghhh!!
Old 03-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Advanced

"Second, heard a new noise from above me. I looked up and the headliner was hanging about an inch low along the back edge of the sunroof. Pushed it up but it won't stay in place. It seems to me that it is held in place with some kind of double stick tape. One for the dealer to fix."

I'm have this same problem! Is this not normal? I can't really tell because it doesn't really look like it's sagging until you feel the open space. I guess I should call the dealer and have this fixed. Anyone else with this same issue?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally posted by livnforyou
"Second, heard a new noise from above me. I looked up and the headliner was hanging about an inch low along the back edge of the sunroof. Pushed it up but it won't stay in place. It seems to me that it is held in place with some kind of double stick tape. One for the dealer to fix."

I'm have this same problem! Is this not normal? I can't really tell because it doesn't really look like it's sagging until you feel the open space. I guess I should call the dealer and have this fixed. Anyone else with this same issue?
I have it too but haven't had time to take it back to the dealer yet. Soon though.