Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Possible New Style hood..

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Possible New Style hood..

I hope this is ok to post here...

Anyhow i used to own a 00 pontiac grand prix gtp daytona and then a 04 gtp/gxp before the TL and a company that a lot of people recommended for style and quality as well as pricing on custom hoods such as ram air functional or not is called MPD

here is a link to their website and you can look over some of the pictures. i think the hoods are awesome and almost wouldnt mind something made for the TL sine i havent seen much avail except for VIS cf hoods. I kind of like ram air style tho others may wouldnt.

http://www.mpd-inc.net/gphood.htm

Anyhow i emailed the owner yesterday about our cars and possibly designing a new custom hood. He emailed me back and told me to call him and after speaking with him for about 30 mins he said it would be possible but since the market prob wouldnt be big he would probably only do 5-10 hoods and make it a one time run of them which would give those few a unique one off custom hood. He said it would be cheaper to just make a non functional hood and would probably cost right around $1k per hood if 5-6 people are willing to do this. Obviously there are no pictures or ideas so what we all need to do is decide on a style we like and maybe vote on one and then let the owner know what we are looking for so he can make up some drawings or what not. He will need my car to do this for at least a week and i will not profit in anyway. i would still pay the exact same price as everyone else. he told me if he just made one hood for me it would be upwards to $2k give or take. FORGET THAT tho i understand r&d and special molds arent cheap.

Hopefully we can come up with something and get a custom hood for the TL..

I kind of like the F1 style Grand prix hood, not sure how it would look on a tl but maybe someone could photoshop a few styles?

Last edited by Mjakaz09TL; 04-10-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
'Feeler' threads have to be approved by astro. Send him a PM, and if it is ok, we will revisit this idea. Until then, closed.