Sponsored by:

Pirelli P-Zero Neros M+S vs. Michelin Pilot Sport A/Ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Through Tamburello.......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirelli P-Zero Neros M+S vs. Michelin Pilot Sport A/Ss

Hi,

I live in southwestern Ontario and am about to get a new TL (soon... can't wait!). I have read a lot about the horrible Bridgestone EL42s, a situation that was only reinforced today when I went to a tyre dealer who referred to that tire as 'evil'. He also added the interesting tidbit that the president of a local Acura dealer had the EL42s on his personal TL changed to Michelins.

So, I am replacing the tyres asap. I am torn between the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S and the Michelin Pilot A/S. I welcome any and all comments on them. In particular, what are your thoughts on these tires in the snow (I know they're no substitute for proper snow tyres, but need your opinions)?

Also, how is the warranty service on both tyres?

Thanks and look forward to joining the Acura TL Nation!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have not tried either but from the specs they both are 400 AA A which is outstanding. If I had a choice I would go w/Michelins.

See review below

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/hl/pilot.htm
Old 04-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
I put on the Michelins two weeks ago so I cannot comment on snow performance. You should check out the comments at www.tirerack.com on both tires.

I can tell you that the tires are very good in the rain. I have also found that the car rides much better than on the Turanzas.

The Michelin tires come with the usual warranties including a road hazard warranty. There is no road hazard warranty with the OEM tires unless you buy the extended warranty from Acura (I live in Toronto and am familiar with the Canadian warranties).

I hope you can cut some deal on trading the tires. I wasn't able to but I tried after I bought the car. If you are leasing, then you could buy tires and put the Turanzas back on at the end of the lease.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discount tire gave me $60 credit per tire for the terrible el42's.
I went with the Michelins and they are awesome! A lot of people told me the Pirreli's are too stiff.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:12 PM