Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight

Well I pickup my baby tonight. Rodondo Red 6M, no navi, potenzas. I'm demanding they put the potenzas on there. I mean this is a "sports" sedan so it needs some decent rubber. Its got splash guards (not that I care.) Don't know if I'm going to put aftermarket 18s on it or not.

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a new car. Well, I was 5 years ago when I bought my brand new Prelude SH. She's been very good to me but its time for a new model.

So you guys may be hearing a little more from me. I just joined a few days ago, love the site!

spidey
Old 02-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Congrats!

I got my RR/Ebony/Navi on Friday. I like the other colors, but this red is absolutely off the chart. There are a lot of TLs on the road up here, but my RR is getting looks at every stop light.

I'm putting the OEM 18's on this week and I will post pix.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Bartman
Congrats!

I got my RR/Ebony/Navi on Friday. I like the other colors, but this red is absolutely off the chart. There are a lot of TLs on the road up here, but my RR is getting looks at every stop light.

I'm putting the OEM 18's on this week and I will post pix.
Cool deal. I'm in KY and there aren't many at all on the road. I drove a 6M with OEM 18s and some serious tires on it (can't remember) It sure did look sharp/mean.

I don't know all the acronyms you guys are using yet for the car but I'm sure I'll pick up on them.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight

Originally posted by spidey07
Well I pickup my baby tonight. Rodondo Red 6M, no navi, potenzas. I'm demanding they put the potenzas on there. I mean this is a "sports" sedan so it needs some decent rubber. Its got splash guards (not that I care.) Don't know if I'm going to put aftermarket 18s on it or not.

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a new car. Well, I was 5 years ago when I bought my brand new Prelude SH. She's been very good to me but its time for a new model.

So you guys may be hearing a little more from me. I just joined a few days ago, love the site!

spidey
Congrats on your acquisition!!! Happy Driving!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Spidey, I also own a Redondo Red but with 5AT, it's a great color combo! What color interior?
Old 02-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Norse396
Spidey, I also own a Redondo Red but with 5AT, it's a great color combo! What color interior?
Ebony. Or as I like to call it....Black.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I wanted charcol but they didn't have it with the wood grain. I've seen the ebony and it's very nice, enjoy the car!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight...

Why suddenly the only THREE red 04TLs show up in the same month?

You guys have the good taste. That's the only one color TL I don't see it running over roads.

Congratulations.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight...

Originally posted by rets
Why suddenly the only TWO red 04TLs show up in the same month?

You guys have the good taste. That's the only one color TL I don't see it running over roads.

Congratulations.
thanks. I'm as giddy as a school girl.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Burning Brakes

The red one had just gotten the wax treatment from the dealer and was sparkling, I sat in it and pretty much made up my mind that if I liked the test drive this was going to be my car. I still love the color combo and as you said, must be pretty rare right now, I have yet to see another.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Instructor

I am also picking up my Redondo Red 5AT Navi tomorrow afternoon. It was made on 2/12 and arrived at the dealer on2/14. Went to see it on the lot Sunday...It was beautiful even before prepping. When my wife saw it she yelled"It's BEAUTIFUL!". By the way, Camel interior. AWESOME! Well worth the wait.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Angry I need to see them...

Excuse me, I believe we didn't see any of you posting pictures yet. All the photo galleries are empty.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight...

Why suddenly the only THREE red 04TLs show up in the same month?

I noticed that too. Back in December (when I bought my anth/ebony), Silver, Black, and Anth were very common but red and green were impossible to find. I have heard that the factory concentrates on one color at a time. Could it be that red will be the new "hot" color?
Old 02-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Re: I need to see them...

Excuse me, I believe we didn't see any of you posting pictures yet. All the photo galleries are empty.
It hasn't stopped raining here since I picked mine up on Friday.:banghead: I will post pics when we get a little sunlight
Old 02-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Lightbulb Re: Pickup Rodondo Red 6M tonight...

Originally posted by Animate
I noticed that too. Back in December (when I bought my anth/ebony), Silver, Black, and Anth were very common but red and green were impossible to find. I have heard that the factory concentrates on one color at a time. Could it be that red will be the new "hot" color?

IMO, I saw a couple of RRP in the dealership since November, and I'm pretty sure there are plenty of this particular colors out of the production lines already.

You're right, they seem to always concentrate on one color per time (for a few days), however, I believe Acura plant in Ohio had spent only limited days in manufacturing this RRP 04TL.

I do hope they can sell more 04TL with this special color.

TO Bartman, I believe RRP 04TL is also beautiful in rainy Seattle.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Advanced

Damn, that's the combo I'm looking for. Do you mind saying what you paid for it? I can't seem to get a discount in my neck of the woods (south MS). Guess I'll try to buy in the Detroit area when I visit my parents. Much bigger selection and the anti-japanese car mentality seems to help lower prices. Can't blame them, it's the motor city for crying out loud.

Where did you buy yours from?
Old 02-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Almost Jake
Damn, that's the combo I'm looking for. Do you mind saying what you paid for it? I can't seem to get a discount in my neck of the woods (south MS). Guess I'll try to buy in the Detroit area when I visit my parents. Much bigger selection and the anti-japanese car mentality seems to help lower prices. Can't blame them, it's the motor city for crying out loud.

Acura at Oxmoor - Louisville, KY.

Holy mackeral does this thing pull. I don't know what Honda did to that motor but this truly is the first honda motor that feels like its got torque in the low/mid-low RPMs. Still trying to be very nice to the motor though so I don't truly know what she can do. Folks are flashing their brights at me all the time though because of the HIDs.

I'm also a pretty serious audiophile (stereo costs almost as much as my new car...LOL!) and I'm extremely impressed with the ELS stereo. I believe I got about 1800 off sticker.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Glad you are enjoying the car. It's my turn to have the same fun about an hour from now. Take delivery on my Red?Camel at 4:00. Can't wait.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Waited 3 months for mine. No discount at all. I think there are now some deals on certain colors, but nothing on the RRP in the whole Pacific Northwest. Oh well. I paid a little extra, but I have a sweet looking car.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Racer

you guys have me jealous. that rrp/camel is sweet but I opted for wdp/parchment because swirl marks drive me crazy. damn I should have sacked up and gotten that combo. good to see that unlike my salesman told me some people actually like camel.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

one thing I noticed and I don't know if its the color or the interior or that its manual but the center console and door trim is the carbon fiber look, not faux wood.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

bump for pics in the gallery forum.

MODs - if you don't like the crossposting let me know!

Old 02-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Instructor

I certainly appreciate it... it gives me something to look forward to until May!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

Spidey Welcome to the family.

I started driving my TL with one hand on the highbeems at night just for that reason.

KY is closer to me...I sure hope some of these guys in NWA will start reading this forum so we can get a meet together.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Instructor

I paid $33,000 + tax for my Red/Camel navi at Park Acura in Akron, Ohio. The Camel is just perfect with the Redondo Red Pearl. Better get back to my instruction book. There's a lot to learn with this automobile! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!