Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up WDP last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up WDP last night

Bought the car a week and half ago and was told it would take until mid-April (I ordered it) before I would get it, but somehow the dealer did some swapping and I got my car last night.
Its WDP/Quartz 5AT, Navi.
I have a question though is my build number the last six digits of the VIN? If that's the case I have 326XX. Is that a newer one? I was told the car was built in February, but I really don't know. It only had 5 miles on it when I picked it up.
Here is a picture:

Here is the car's stablemate, a 2002 Firebird Formula
Old 03-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Advanced

Thats my Acura TL Whats the 1st upgrade you gonna do? Nice car it looks just like mine except the fugly licence plAate in the front. I might get A-spec kit in 3 months. Its a fun car to drive. I love playing with the voice commands and Navi too. "Nearest Italian Restaurant" And it finds tons of them I never knew there was thaT many in my area, lol. enjoy the car. :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
Old 03-03-2004, 08:12 PM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks to me like its a new build. feb is possible. ive seen 28xxx last month so 32xxx makes sense to me.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Racer

ArcticFormula-
Congratulations! Look on your driver's door jamb, after opening the door. On one of the several stickers and tags there will be your build month. I suspect it'll say February. Most TLs get from the factory in Ohio to the consumer very quickly.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Banned

Beautiful car.
Your taste in cars has improved markedly. Now you have to find where to hide those to GM machines when the neighbors come to admire your TL!!!! Cavalier and Firebird???, No Jim I never had those cough, cough you must be talking about my old civic and prelude!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the feedback guys! I checked the inside of door and sure enough 2/04, sweet!
The only mods I would consider on the car in the next 12 months are a cat-back exhaust (<50% chance), some of those real purple-blue headlights, if its possible (<25% chance), and what I definitely am going to do is modify the trunk tray. I have a plastic recycle bin about 2'x2'x2.5' which I want to anchor down to the tray (I have a lot of work crap I don't want sliding around the trunk), but I will save that mod for another post.
This is a great board. I look forward to posting here.
Regards,
Old 03-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Advanced

Nice looking car...

Congratulations on your new "baby"

I don't think your new Acura and its "stablemate" Firebird are really in conflict. People are all different, and personally I don't have a problem with GM product. Now, if that was a Ford...:p

BTW: no insult intended to Ford-friendly folks. I think a lot of how we think about certain cars comes from certain formative experiences. Like I had a couple of crappy Fords, so I don't like them. Other folks have nothing but luck with Fords, and they love them (justifiably, I suppose).

But I'm really weird: I went to several car shows in a row ten years ago or so, looking at $50-$100,000 cars, and gradually learned to greatly despise BMW's. Every one I got into felt "crappy": little things like glove boxes I had to slam several times to close, a $135,000 BMW Coupe where the rear armrest fell off in my hands, buttons and radio controls that seemed "cheap" and shoddy, and cupholders that felt like crappy tackons added to the design at the last minute. Yeah, I know: sacrilege! To claim to like well built cars and to dislike BMWs is to be a pariah. I'm sure Beemers are Gods gift to performance automobiles, but frankly they all felt shoddily built and overpriced to me- not at all what I expected. Since I rarely drive on the Autobahn at 150 miles per hour, something which presumably is the strongsuit of a BMW, little things like interior fit, finish, and function mean a lot more to me. Strangely, I found the GM and Dodge (now DaimlerChrysler) products amongst the best built, with Lexus and Infinity right at the top at every car show I went to. Of course, this was before I knew to look closely at Acuras (D'Oh!).

Anyway, your Acura TL and your Firebird can share living space, just so long as they don't breed :wow: