3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a PDF version of the 05 TL Owners Manual available?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:23 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is a PDF version of the 05 TL Owners Manual available?

I checked Owners Link and it's not up there, anyone have one they can share. Just ordered an 05 TL for my wife and want to do some early reading. Already have a 99 TL and 02 MDX and Acura used to have pdf versions of the owners manauls available....did they discontinue this?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not from Honda...

They only have it in paper form. It's not available on CD-ROM - a bit strange in this day if you ask me.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
The people who are in the business of selling these manuals, Helm, Inc, would lose a lot of money if they put them online. This is probably the reason there are no pdf or CD files.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
The people who are in the business of selling these manuals, Helm, Inc, would lose a lot of money if they put them online. This is probably the reason there are no pdf or CD files.
That's not true. GM and Infiniti Service Manuals are also published by Helms Inc. I have both of those on CD as well. The Infiniti one is a bunch of PDF files, the GM one is an actual GUI App, with a database back end. (quite nice actually)... Both GM and Infiniti give you the option of paper copy or CD copy.

I was actually quite ticked at Acura for only offering paper. Especially since the layout of the Acura Service Manual is quite crappy. There was another thread where we got into a debate about knock sensors, and I found stuff listed in sections that I thought were awkward, and descriptions to be too vague. For example, the location of the knock sensors were described as: "Somewhere in the middle of the engine compartment"... Wheras the GM and Infiniti manuals, showed the exact location, along with removal instructions, and even a brief summary of how the sensor functioned, and an electrical schematic of how it connected to the ECM. The Acura manual doesn't say a word about the sensor, other than it exists. The honda web page described this function as "Direct Ignition System with Knock Control", but the service manual, had all this stuff in the fuel injection system section, instead of the Ignition System section, like Infiniti and GM did... The honda web page also described this sensor as being on the engine block, but the engine block, cylinder head, and intake manifold sections did not show this sensor in any of the diagrams, even though it showed all the other ones. The GM and Infiniti Manuals, showed the sensor in all the appropriate diagrams.

I'm probably over-reacting though. Maybe it's just this one sensor that got overlooked. But if you look at how the sections are split in the acura manual, they are not the same as the GM and Infiniti ones. The GM and Infiniti ones have a more logical organization in my opinion, which is probably why I was able to locate stuff much faster.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I was thinking service manual instead of owner's manual. You're right, they should have the owner's manual available on the net. And also right that the service manual makes it hard to locate things.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
I was thinking service manual instead of owner's manual. You're right, they should have the owner's manual available on the net. And also right that the service manual makes it hard to locate things.
I realized I thought original poster was talking about Service Manuals as well, after I sent the comments... But still. The Owners Manual and Navi Manual, are free PDF downloads on Infiniti's web site. There's no reason why Acura can't do that either.

In fact, my brother just bought an 05' Odysee (yeah I can't spell that word), and his car didn't even come with a Navi manual, becuase the dealer said there was a shortage. He asked other dealers, and apparently some dealers assumed the Navi manual didn't exist becuase they didn't have it. People actually started bringing in scanned copies of the navi manual cover to prove it existed.

When I told my brother, my Navi Manual is available as a free PDF download, he went ballistic.