3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part # for driver door weathestrip (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Make it so

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Part # for driver door weathestrip (pic heavy)

Happy Thursday, all,

I've been wading through parts diagrams for the last week trying to figure out which part number to order and replace some weatherstripping on my driver's driver's side door, and it's not as clear-cut as I expected.

I locked my car with my keys inside a few weeks ago and it took the AAA guy almost two hours to get it open (due to the slippery nature of the design of the 3G TL locking buttons). Using the air-bladder method of cracking the door enough to get the tool into the cabin left the plastic weatherstrip compacted so now it doesn't close snugly against the door. When it rains, water leaks through the gap and drips into the car (and onto my shoulder/seat) and there's a lot of wind noise when above 20 MPH or so.

The weatherstrip I'm squeezing with my fingers in the picture is the one I'm talking about. It appears to be all one piece.

I *could* also replace the inside seal that sits on the door frame itself (not on the door) since that is ripped in a few places, but that's not as critical of a fix. If I someone happens to have that part number too, awesome, but not a dealbreaker.

Thanks for your help!

Here you can see what the gap looks like when the door is closed:

This is the interior weatherstrip on the door that is ripped. If I can replace it and someone has the # for this, great. If not, no problem.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
looks like the AAA guy bent the door, looks off alignment
Old 05-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Make it so

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
How would I go about getting that taken care of it is out of alignment?

Even after being here on AZ for seven years I've never heard of a problem like this, much less the solution...
Old 05-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,839 Likes on 1,482 Posts
If I had to guess, based on the link below, #10; 72365-SEP-A11 / SUB-SEAL, L. FR. DOOR would be the seal you need.

FRONT DOOR PANELS for 2004 Acura TL
Old 06-05-2016, 05:05 PM
WDP Group!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
put ur window down, stand on the inside of the door with ur leg/knee against the inside of the door, grab the top of the door frame, give it a nice gentle pull towards u, shut door and see how it sits, continue previous steps as needed, a new seal isn't gonna solve ur issue the CAA guy tweaked the door with the bladder, done this a million times