Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pads and Rotors on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Pads and Rotors on eBay

I have seen a few threads on here about brake motive. They were at one time a vendor but I don't believe they are any longer. They have a set of pads and drilled rotors for sale on eBay. Here is the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...ts_Accessories

Any thoughts or concerns on scooping these up?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Beasting Off The Resling

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
189 is pretty cheap for rotors and pads, they are probably really terrible quality pads. The problem being if they cut corners to get the rotors to you cheaper you run the risk of having problems with early warping and brake noise. Check out this site they have a sale right now going and you can ebc rotors front and back with shipping and tax for about 300 with the promo code ebc12. Thats a great deal with a name brand rotor for about 100 dollars more. Don't be cheap

http://www.placeforbrakes.com/index.php
Old 08-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
the ebc rotors are a joke according to most people who put them on. Stick with some good quality rotors from trusted companies. I've been running racingbrake Slotted rotors for around 60K now with the Acura A-Spec pads and now it's time for replacement of just the pads. These have gone countless times form 130 to 60 and countless times from 75 to 0 and never once failed me.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
I'm going to try the ebay ones (hopefully) pretty soon. With 45k and warped rotors, they can't be worse than what I've got.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
a close friend of mine got ebay rotors and pads, and they started to shimmy in like 5k miles ... take the money you are investing in these pads and rotors and add a little more to get a quality set
Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
I would go to napa or similar before ebay if on a budget

cheap rotors were never made to be drilled thru- weakens them and opens you to stress cracking at the holes
and they will offer crud pads to match~--they have to make 100%+ profit on each item or its not worth selling
do you really want 50 dollar brakes stopping your $20k 3600 pound car

anyone can rent a cnc machine and make cool looking rotors
Old 08-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
i got ebay rotors and pads from a vendor there i paid $200 for front slotted rotors and pads... i have been driving them for around 12K miles now with no issues.... i can tell pads arent as sticky as the original brembo pads but thats probably why they wore out so fast... for the price i think they work great and look good
Old 08-08-2010, 04:27 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by csmeance
the ebc rotors are a joke according to most people who put them on. Stick with some good quality rotors from trusted companies. I've been running racingbrake Slotted rotors for around 60K now with the Acura A-Spec pads and now it's time for replacement of just the pads. These have gone countless times form 130 to 60 and countless times from 75 to 0 and never once failed me.
What would you consider a trusted company? I was planning on installing EBC rotors/red stuff pads in the fall since I have had great luck with them in the past, but I am always open to better products close to that price/performance range. Maybe with more data than what you just posted; what you described is the way my brother drives his p.o.s. Dodge Avenger daily with original rotors and pads that has not failed him yet either, and there is no way in hell I'm putting Chrysler parts on my Acura!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jf630a
I have seen a few threads on here about brake motive. They were at one time a vendor but I don't believe they are any longer. They have a set of pads and drilled rotors for sale on eBay. Here is the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...ts_Accessories

Any thoughts or concerns on scooping these up?

i bought them almost 3 month ago. Amazing brake quality and perfomance. After the upgrade i felt that i did not have any brake before compare to the stopping peformance on this rotors. I feel more confident while driving because i know how soon and fast i'll be stopping. i cannot compare this to any brand other than the stock (non brembo) i had. It was night and day different. Make sure you paint the middle in black, they look way cooler. i recommend them and have not had any problem what so ever. If anything would it happen i would buy them again in a heart beat.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 PM
2nd Gear

Well they were a vendor on here until recently. I emailed an admin but he/she couldn't give much insight as to why they were no longer a vendor on the site other than a generic answer. I searched through other threads on here and some people have stated they purchased these through vendor link but no long-term follow up has been provided (i.e after 20k-30k of use)

Eduardomc,

Did you buy them through eBay or through their now former link on acurazine.com
Old 08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jf630a
Well they were a vendor on here until recently. I emailed an admin but he/she couldn't give much insight as to why they were no longer a vendor on the site other than a generic answer. I searched through other threads on here and some people have stated they purchased these through vendor link but no long-term follow up has been provided (i.e after 20k-30k of use)

Eduardomc,

Did you buy them through eBay or through their now former link on acurazine.com
i went through ebay using bing cashback. They were cheaper a few month ago ($179) with bing came out like $153 free shipping (4 rotors and 4 ceramic brake pad). They shipped the very next day and arrive around 3 days after placing the order.
i spoke to them before ordering and they were very professional.

i asked them about acurazine and they told me that they are not community forum vendor anymore.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by The Duck of Death
What would you consider a trusted company? I was planning on installing EBC rotors/red stuff pads in the fall since I have had great luck with them in the past, but I am always open to better products close to that price/performance range. Maybe with more data than what you just posted; what you described is the way my brother drives his p.o.s. Dodge Avenger daily with original rotors and pads that has not failed him yet either, and there is no way in hell I'm putting Chrysler parts on my Acura!

A trusted company in my book is one that is used throughout the automotive world and as well a company that tests their products in extreme environments and stands behind it. As far as EBC, from my limited knowledge from acurazine and another few automotive forums, it seems that that they tend to warp just as easily as the stock rotors since the dimples don't really help with cooling.

You have to remember ever car is built differently. The brakes on his Dodge Avenger could be quite a bit less aggressive (pad wise) and as well probably are better suited to the car.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
I would go to napa or similar before ebay if on a budget

cheap rotors were never made to be drilled thru- weakens them and opens you to stress cracking at the holes
and they will offer crud pads to match~--they have to make 100%+ profit on each item or its not worth selling
do you really want 50 dollar brakes stopping your $20k 3600 pound car

anyone can rent a cnc machine and make cool looking rotors
LMAO. I did that to an old set of rotors in high school and almost sold them to a ricer kid Although they did look pretty badass but would've deteriated in a second with all the designs and holes I put in them.