3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch! Bashed in front - will it ever be the same?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some douchebag cut me off and smashed in the front of my 2008 on 1/1/08. I wish I had the option to just turn mine in!
But I work in finance, so I know that there is no "Hot deal" that makes leasing to buy a good option in the long run.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
[QUOTE=Ad_Man_TL][QUOTE=MR1]Why on earth would Acura want to help you out? You took their brand new car and broke it.

1) They should want to help us, because that would be TLC (Total Luxury Care).

2) Because we are "renting" it from them. their car getting damaged is the cost of them renting cars (lease being a fancy term for renting).
If you rent a room in a hotel and there is a leaking pipe, etc. they just move you to a new room. I want to be moved to a new car.

3) we did not wreck it. a psychotic lady in front of my wife (who was NOT tailgating her) paniced and slammed on her brakes. she was probably on her cell phone or texting for all we know. perhaps even on meds or had been drinking for all we know. so it is not our fault. but Minnesota has no fault, etc.
Maybe she was even conveying military secrets to her home based terrorist cell on her cellular phone. Doesn't matter. Your wife was still responsible for maintaining a safe distance between the two cars and ensuring no contact at any point. And the damage is obviously extensive, which means she hit her hard.

If I slammed on my brakes because a toddler wandered out into the road and you rear ended me, would you blame me or the child?

Seems like you can't own up to anything. Your wife smashes the car and it's not her fault; it was the "psychotic" lady's fault who was in front of her. Now Acura should take back the car you agreed to lease for X amount of time because you don't want it anymore since it's been wrecked. You need to get the fuck over yourself.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by anx1300c
Maybe she was even conveying military secrets to her home based terrorist cell on her cellular phone. Doesn't matter. Your wife was still responsible for maintaining a safe distance between the two cars and ensuring no contact at any point. And the damage is obviously extensive, which means she hit her hard.

If I slammed on my brakes because a toddler wandered out into the road and you rear ended me, would you blame me or the child?

Seems like you can't own up to anything. Your wife smashes the car and it's not her fault; it was the "psychotic" lady's fault who was in front of her. Now Acura should take back the car you agreed to lease for X amount of time because you don't want it anymore since it's been wrecked. You need to get the fuck over yourself.

wow dude. you have some anger and jealousy issues. way over the top.
and you are way off base on your spectualtions. all insults and assumptions and anger. nice.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by muldsr01
Some douchebag cut me off and smashed in the front of my 2008 on 1/1/08. I wish I had the option to just turn mine in!
But I work in finance, so I know that there is no "Hot deal" that makes leasing to buy a good option in the long run.
yes there is good hot lease deals. and We got a good deal.
1) TL at end of life cycle,
2) car sales slow,
3) my Father knew the sales manager
4) and Honda had good insentives/money out there.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Ad_Man_TL
and you are way off base on your spectualtions. all insults and assumptions and anger. nice.
I also think that you live a different reality than the rest of us. As far as I know, if you run into someone, it's your fault period. That is what I've been told all of my life. And again, they rented a car to you for a specific period of time for a fee. You break it, you get it fixed, you continue to honor your contract. Take on the family responsibility and man up. It's not fair but it is life, stop looking for other people to blame and pay for your mistakes.

Regarding diminished value, if awarded, it comes from the person that makes the value of your product go down. In a perfect world, you owe Acura additional funds for giving back a damaged/repaired car at lease end.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Reading comprehension owns you if you inferred jealousy from my post.

Anger issues? No, not clinically speaking. I just cannot stand it when, adults especially, cannot accept responsibility for their actions and honor their obligations.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Advanced

You two, funny. but not.
I am probably one of the most responsible and righteous person in the world. So I take a great office to your comments.
Clearly you are jealous of my high status and high expectations.
I pay Acura for the use of their car, so clearly I owe them nothing to them, especially when that low income check panicked and slammed on her brakes. btw, she even admitted total fault at the scene.
Obviously you two are very young and it shows in your posting.
IMO anx1300c your use of profanity and personal attacks would mean you would have been banned at most forums. strange enough, here the mods say they are very lax. which seems odd for a primo brand car site like Acura where I 'd expect standards to be higher. but I suppose without all the 22 year old rice boy rap (crap) music listening morons living in their mothers basements here no one else would be posting much as the rest of us are much to busy, too high class and too important to spend time posting on a car chat site.

Best wishes for you both to grow up and make something of yourselves in the future. anx1300c you really need to deal with controlling your anger and jealousy issues.

End of discussion.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Okay, this 63YOA will chime in here and agree with ANX and MR1, you signed on the dotted line and you are responsible for the duration of the lease. And no matter what the "psyco" lady said at the scene, in the cold eyes of the law your wife IS responsible for not "ensuring safe and clear distance". And just an observation... when folks' anger quotient goes up their spelling ability goes way down.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by old coastie
Okay, this 63YOA will chime in here and agree with ANX and MR1, you signed on the dotted line and you are responsible for the duration of the lease. And no matter what the "psyco" lady said at the scene, in the cold eyes of the law your wife IS responsible for not "ensuring safe and clear distance". And just an observation... when folks' anger quotient goes up their spelling ability goes way down.
It's not even just basic spelling errors though.

"I take great office to your comments"???

"That low income check"??? (Perhaps she was Czechoslovakian?)

We've all heard the old adage "ignorance is bliss", so maybe I am a little jealous of this guy. Oh well, I'll just go vent my anger on the rodents in the basement. If I save up enough rent money, I might be able to buy a '98 Integra and find out what "High Society" life is all about.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
You two, funny. but not.
I am probably one of the most responsible and righteous person in the world. So I take a great office to your comments.
Clearly you are jealous of my high status and high expectations.
I pay Acura for the use of their car, so clearly I owe them nothing to them, especially when that low income check panicked and slammed on her brakes. btw, she even admitted total fault at the scene.
Obviously you two are very young and it shows in your posting.
IMO anx1300c your use of profanity and personal attacks would mean you would have been banned at most forums. strange enough, here the mods say they are very lax. which seems odd for a primo brand car site like Acura where I 'd expect standards to be higher. but I suppose without all the 22 year old rice boy rap (crap) music listening morons living in their mothers basements here no one else would be posting much as the rest of us are much to busy, too high class and too important to spend time posting on a car chat site.

Best wishes for you both to grow up and make something of yourselves in the future. anx1300c you really need to deal with controlling your anger and jealousy issues.

End of discussion.

My comments stand. My real age is listed and accurate, how about yourself? I sometimes listen to rap music and lots of people think I've already made something of myself but thanks for the suggestion. Very nice to see how open minded and helpful you are. Regarding contracts, read the defination.

You arent going to talk to us anymore?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Enough bashing and counter bashing. All useful information has long since been entered here so there is no point in prolonging the agony.

and just to be sure

again