Which option do you want from the RL on next gen TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which option do you want from the RL on next gen TL

- SH-AWD
- 300hp
- New colors (Celestial Silver Metallic, Lakeshore Silver Metallic, Opulent Blue Pearl )
- new shift hold control that reduces unnecessary gear changes and paddle shifters
- Active Noise Control
- The instrument panel features three-dimensional, self-illuminating gauges, backed by
blue-gradation dials that are illuminated by indirect-illumination LED
- A more advance MID with instant MPG and average vehicle speed, and other driving
details, including the operating status of the SH-AWD system.
- Acura Smart Card keys.
- Power trunk lid with autoclose from inside. only japan
- LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist System) recognizes the vehicle lane using the images from
C-MOS camera mounted inside the upper front windshield. only in japan
- EPS (Electric Power Steering)
- IHCC (Intelligent Highway Cruise Control) only japan
- Bose sound system with 2 chanel sourround sound and MP3 playback
- The Intelligent Night Vision System uses images obtained from two far infrared cameras
positioned in the lower section of the front bumper to detect the position and movement
of infrared heat-emitting objects and determine whether they are in or approaching the
vehicle’s path. factory option
- CMS (Collision Mitigation brake System) + E-pretensioners* work together to predict
rear-end collisions and reduce impact on occupants and vehicle damage. The system
uses visual and audio warnings to prompt the driver to take preventative action. It can
also initiate braking to reduce vehicle speed. The E-pretensioners retract the seatbelts in
anticipation of a collision to hold the driver more securely in place.
- AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System) features headlights that swivel based on steering
wheel input for increased illumination.
- TPMS system tire pressure monitoring
- Electronic rear sunshade and manual passenger sunshades
- Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Honda version of I-Drive for navi.
- Onstart

Check out the mugen legend.....this car is going to have a big aftermarket in japan which will benefit us in the near future. http://www.mugen-power.com/street/LEGEND0410/index.html
Old 10-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instant econ from the MID, rear sunshade (power) and the tire pressure monitoring system. Actually, the power tilt wheel would be nice, too.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by EmuMessenger
Instant econ from the MID, rear sunshade (power) and the tire pressure monitoring system. Actually, the power tilt wheel would be nice, too.
i think all new cars are required to have tire pressure monitors in 2006.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SH-AWD
300 Hp
Acura Smart Card Keys (or keys built into the key fob)
Onstart

I think if they add the first 2, it will make the TL more appealing to the sports enthusiasts who keep bashing it for torque steer and call it not worthy of the "sports sedan" title. The car is awesome as it is features wise. I just keep remembering the reviews of the magazines pointing to torque steer and torque issues as the "achilles heel" of this car. (I agree if you will be driving it at 9/10ths or 10/10ths all the time but most of us will not be doing that everyday.)
Old 10-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjtags
SH-AWD
300 Hp
Acura Smart Card Keys (or keys built into the key fob)
Onstart

I think if they add the first 2, it will make the TL more appealing to the sports enthusiasts who keep bashing it for torque steer and call it not worthy of the "sports sedan" title. The car is awesome as it is features wise. I just keep remembering the reviews of the magazines pointing to torque steer and torque issues as the "achilles heel" of this car. (I agree if you will be driving it at 9/10ths or 10/10ths all the time but most of us will not be doing that everyday.)
us sports car nuts want a tl-s option which would give RWD/MT and better suspension/tires on the chassis (and maybe a 3.5L "sport" engine, something).

TL borders between sports sedan and luxury sedan, and right now it has a hard time being either. FWD in a sports sedan, nah... luxury sedan, nah....

you you fell more "luxury" in a jag, mb, or bmw. i'm not sure how sporty the lexus is, but the "IS" series is very sporty, heck even some of those new Suburu awd's are damn sporty and can haul 4 people rather nicely.

IMHO, as i have posted before, 2004 TL missed the target market and Acura needs to look at the market more closely.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:49 AM
You touch my tra la la...

The ones I want the most are more HP (obviously will happen), SH-AWD (probably will happen), XM traffic navi, and the smart keys like Infiniti. All those other things are sweet too though.

How did the TL miss their target when they sold close to 100k of them already? Its quite the other way around. They seemed to get things very, very right. Maybe not right for you, but right for most people.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:00 AM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Satin Silver Metallic is one of the most beautiful silvers on any car! I dont think any new silver colors are necessary; however, I would love to see the return of the Agean Blue Pearl on the 02-03 Type S TLs. One of the most beautiful blue colors ever made IMHO.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Night vision! Oh wait, the new Honda Legend gets that, one of the features that didn't carry over to the RL
Old 10-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Instructor

this is a ridiculous thread

too much wishful thinking
Old 10-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GaleForce
The ones I want the most are more HP (obviously will happen), SH-AWD (probably will happen), XM traffic navi, and the smart keys like Infiniti. All those other things are sweet too though.

How did the TL miss their target when they sold close to 100k of them already? Its quite the other way around. They seemed to get things very, very right. Maybe not right for you, but right for most people.
I forgot about navi traffic....thanks

I like SH-AWD, 300hp, smart keys for the TL.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:26 PM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's what I know I wish my current TL had:

- SH-AWD
- Active Noise Control
- A more advance MID with instant MPG and average vehicle speed, and other driving
details, including the operating status of the SH-AWD system.
- TPMS system tire pressure monitoring

Plus, I'd like to see the new enhanced voice-control for the Navi (voice recognition to the street address level, not merely "Find Nearest..."). I'd also like to see XM Traffic for the Navi, but I think it'll be a long time before they cover my area, here in the land of Oz, so it wouldn't do me much good right now.

Of the other things listed... those would be cool too, but these are what I'd REALLY like.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Racer

Well, up until last week I wanted XM NavTraffic, but now I want a Sirius receiver!!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
XM NavTraffic. 300 HP. Paddle shifters. SH-AWD. The Mugen option.

The RL could be my next car after I'm done paying for the TL.....will definitely see and test drive it soon.