One-pay lease??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003 | 03:08 PM
3rd Gear

Question One-pay lease??

Alright, I planned on getting a TSX but being "soooo close" together in price point for the features that you get with the TL fully equipped, I now want one!
Here's my situation though: I'm in debt up to eyeballs just like the guy in the commercial for lending.com or whatever; But I was going to pay cash for the TSX. Just looking at the residuals some of you agreed to (around $20k) in another thread, I'm curious as to know if Acura offers some kind of one-lump sum leasing arrangement.

I know Lexus does, but I don't really want it all that much; I know Lincoln does it also -- One catch though: I think they will only do this for a max of 24 months; they lose out big time with the reduced finance charges as a result of doing it this way. I didn't see anything about it on Acura's site so if anyone could figure it out for me I'd appreciate it!
Old 11-04-2003 | 03:17 PM
Advanced

Re: One-pay lease??

Originally posted by utilizers
Alright, I planned on getting a TSX but being "soooo close" together in price point for the features that you get with the TL fully equipped, I now want one!
Here's my situation though: I'm in debt up to eyeballs just like the guy in the commercial for lending.com or whatever; But I was going to pay cash for the TSX. Just looking at the residuals some of you agreed to (around $20k) in another thread, I'm curious as to know if Acura offers some kind of one-lump sum leasing arrangement.

I know Lexus does, but I don't really want it all that much; I know Lincoln does it also -- One catch though: I think they will only do this for a max of 24 months; they lose out big time with the reduced finance charges as a result of doing it this way. I didn't see anything about it on Acura's site so if anyone could figure it out for me I'd appreciate it!
Why pay cash for the car? Finance or lease the car and use the cash to payoff higher interest loans. Car interest rates are so low right now. Just a thought!
Old 11-04-2003 | 03:28 PM
3rd Gear

That's the thing...I don't think I'd get approved! I had to fight tooth and nail to get the house and auto loan I have now due to financial indiscretions that happened three years ago. They don't lie! Credit checks and bad accounts (even if settled in full) stick with you for a long, painful seven years!
Old 11-04-2003 | 04:16 PM
Instructor

Not be preachy, but if you're "in debt up to your eyeballs", buying a $35k car with or without cash might not be the best move, and may be part of why you're in debt.

With that said...

If you still want to buy the car, and have the cash you're talking about, I bet you can find a lender that will give you the money if you're willing to put that large chunk down on the loan. Or, if you're willing to pre-pay your whole lease term in cash, how can they refuse? No risk for them.

Home Equity loan/line?

If not, you either raise enough money to pay ALL cash (an extra $6k above the loaded TSX), or go buy a cheaper car.

If you can get approved for leasing in general, then don't put any money down.

Ryan
Old 11-04-2003 | 05:20 PM
3rd Gear

Sounds good; I didn't explain that all the way through with the debt dilemia-- I'm an entrepreneur and in the process of selling one of my businesses but it won't clear (meaning, I get paid) until May 2004. I don't know if I can wait that long, but seeing how I thought Thanksgiving was just "two months ago", I'm pretty sure I can "wait" that long.