Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMFG are you kidding meeeeeeeeeeeee UGH

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
I guess the Base TL owners don't work hard for their cars.
LOL actually EVERYONE here works very hard for their cars. I love the 3G TLs a lot. 4G is growing on me. I just find it really weird to steal Type-S wheels. I remember when I was around 18 when the 3G TL-S came out. I didn't like the wheels to much. But they grew on me. BTW has anyone on here had the Base TL or A-Spec rims stolen? It amazes how many TL-S rims are stolen.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ouch ... im glad i got security cameras outside my house
Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Rather than think small potatoes with this small claims stuff, the police/fbi should go after the ringer leaders by bugging some high dollar car wheels with some sort of look-a-like tpms tracking devices. If and when these marked wheels go to common location, raid their asses. Where's Brian O'Connor when you need him...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by KidChenz89
off topic for a sec ... I wonder if anyone would ever invent a gps tracer to place it inside the wheel. Anyways sorry to hear about the rims and the side skirts...

those wheels would have to be really expensive to warrant something like that
Old 06-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LexLuminati
That blows man! Sorry about that! 2 Months ago some one tried taking my Type S rims but didn't realize that my bedroom window is right next to my car...I have a mosberg 500 Tactical Persuader shotgun with an optical sight, grip, and laser sight...boy were they surprised when I snuck out the back and cocked 1 shell casing out of it so they knew it was real. I have 2 pairs of hand cuffs at home and forced them to hand cuff each other and sit on the floor while I called the cops!! I was really close to shooting one...thank god I didn't have too. Everyone in my neighborhood knows not to touch my car since!
You can't be from NY. I think you would get arrested for doing that here.

Pretty badass though.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you fucking kidding me? Dont worry God will punish those who spread evil in this world. Some people dont understand that man loves his car sometimes even more than his girlfriend or in my case girlfriends this really blows, we have your back 100% and I know if anyone on here sees some random car with Type s wheels or a base tl with those wheels they should confront them!!!
The following users liked this post:
1ogan (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LexLuminati
Btw...I did have 1 wheel look on each tire and they were too stupid to realize it after removing 4 bolts I heard the clinging of medal which saved me time to get my shotty....they did damage the passenger side pillar trying to get into my window and scratched 1 rim...but they had to pay all cost and got 1-3 years in prison. I honestly felt the look on their shaking pale faces, starring at a barroll of a shotgun was enough punishment...but when I saw the damaged I pressed charges and wanted them to get records.

I live in North Bergen NJ...pretty good neighborhood and 2 type S owners by me had their tires stolen. Get wheel locks...it buys you more time and makes it harder for them to steel...you can hear the bastards trying to drill into your wheel lock with the a screw and gater grip it out! But its better then nothing...thats what they use on mine and still had trouble taking it off and its too noisy. Get 2 wheel locks!!! on each tire. Its worth it!! $40 for 1 set of 4 is good. At least now I have a free Gater Grip bit for my drill that I took from them.
OMG lol thats scary. i live in fairview, and when i had my TL-S, i always used to visit friends and park in north bergen. what street was it in NB did they get their rims stolen? so i NEVER park there.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 601 Likes on 418 Posts
That really sucks dude. Karma is a bitch and hopefully she smacks the crap out of the shit heads that stole your wheels.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by MR101
Are you fucking kidding me? Dont worry God will punish those who spread evil in this world. Some people dont understand that man loves his car sometimes even more than his girlfriend or in my case girlfriends this really blows, we have your back 100% and I know if anyone on here sees some random car with Type s wheels or a base tl with those wheels they should confront them!!!
and do what?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by MR101
The following users liked this post:
stvtec (06-28-2011)
Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Hi, how are you? I can't help but notice you have Acura TLS wheels on your honda accord, can you tell me where you got them?

"F" off it's none of your damn business!!

Hello police? I think someone has stolen TLS wheels on their accord, can you send an officer here to investigate?

<CLICK>
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the support every time I look at the picture I get annoyed all over again. Anyway, here is a bit of an update right now the car is sitting at the dealer waiting for a geico rep to check it out. THEN work will BEGIN to put it back. I feel so lost without my car having to drive another car.

As for some of the comments once I get the car back it will be in a garage. I am also installing a nice bright light on the side of my house where it happened (f**k if the neighbors complain) and am thinking of installing a night vision camera that will email me an alert when it detects motion. I know some of you are thinking overkill but I feel completely invaded and helpless that I can't punish anyone.

I did not have wheel locks because well a) I have never had a need for them with any car in the past and b) I wasn't aware there was such a high theft rate for this car's rims.. Also the car is leased and I was leaning towards buying it at the end but now I just don't know what I will do which sucks because I love the car.

I also asked the cop about fingerprints and he basically laughed it off. I did however get a call from a detective who said he *might" know who is doing it because they just got out of Rikers (so much for rehabilitation in prison lol) so he would be investigating but of course I am not holding my breath.

Finally in thinking over the events and what could have prevented it I am going to be writing a letter to Acura to inform them of this. At the very least they know of the high theft rates for their cars (honda and acura alike) and if not then they should be informed. I don't know about anyone else but I see no reason why for such an expensive "luxury" car they can include an alarm (be it basic it is still something) but can't include basic wheel locks. Or if they know about it why can't they warn customers as a courtesy or something. I am not looking for anything from them nor do I expect anything but this is my way of venting and who knows maybe something will change. I urge everyone who has had rims stolen to write them a letter as well. And even if you haven't been hurt yet write anyway to let them know. Maybe if enough people complain something will come of it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Skillionare

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I rode with my Moss 500 pistol grip on the passenger side the first two weeks I had the car. After seeing all these hater threads, I will reconsider putting it back in my car. To the OP I feel for you bro. Heads up on the thing with cameras, is if the video quality is poor and you are unable to prove who you catch on film is who you say it is beyond a reasonable doubt, they may not even let you submit said videos as evidence. Good luck!

(Upsate)
Ahhhhhh I just saw your update. Nothing you are suggesting is overkill. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Last edited by Acutron; 06-28-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
If I know Acura their ONLY concern is how much $$ they can profit by selling new wheels. The whole design sucks & they KNOW IT too but don't care. At this point I'd estimate 75% of TLS owners have had their wheels jacked.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Instructor

I agree with you TVL65 but if that is the case and everyone writes in to complain and make it known then maybe something can come of it. No company wants bad publicity and with the power of the internet that can happen very easily.

I just got my quote for my car not only do I have to pay the $500 deductible for new rims but I have to pay over $100 additional for "wear and tear" for the tires because they can't give me brand new ones and put me in a better place than I was before this happened. So as you can imagine I am fuming and just waiting until I get home to call and complain because the car is almost 3 years old I have just over 10000 miles there is no way I should have to pay that as well it's robbery.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TechGeek
I agree with you TVL65 but if that is the case and everyone writes in to complain and make it known then maybe something can come of it. No company wants bad publicity and with the power of the internet that can happen very easily.

I just got my quote for my car not only do I have to pay the $500 deductible for new rims but I have to pay over $100 additional for "wear and tear" for the tires because they can't give me brand new ones and put me in a better place than I was before this happened. So as you can imagine I am fuming and just waiting until I get home to call and complain because the car is almost 3 years old I have just over 10000 miles there is no way I should have to pay that as well it's robbery.
Not to be a dick, but you might want to reconsider insurance companies, when I got mine stolen my insurance company covered everything minus my $500 deductible. also, when I bought my car it came with wheel locks already installed. Guess this isn't an every dealer thing, but it should be!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Nothing dicky about that statement because if it is not resolved to my satisfaction I will be looking for a new company. I called Geico to find out specifics about what the auditor told me and the guy had no answers for me. Makes it seem like the auditors do what they want, have no one to answer to and make it up as they go. Sorry that doesn't fly with me,
Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EATSLEEPRACE
no wheel locks?......big mistake............!
even with wheels lock you can get the rims stolen, more difficult but it's true. The wheels locks are so easy to removed with out the key!!

sorry about this bro, I have the same car ,same color (MRP).
Old 06-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
omfg im so sorry techgeek! that kinda crap really pisses me off
Old 06-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Racer

Nothing dicky about that statement because if it is not resolved to my satisfaction I will be looking for a new company. I called Geico to find out specifics about what the auditor told me and the guy had no answers for me. Makes it seem like the auditors do what they want, have no one to answer to and make it up as they go. Sorry that doesn't fly with me,
Agreed! I don't know what it is with certain insurance companies but when you need them it seems to be at their convenience, but when you don't make a payment they are all over your shit!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't understand...why not steal the calipers?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by LasVegasTL
I don't understand...why not steal the calipers?
Good point! Maybe they figure it's too much work, who knows? They're prolly not that bright if they are stealing wheels in the first place.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with this. I am still waiting on a settlement from when I got rear-ended 13 months ago. The adjuster is still dragging his behind and always has an excuse as to why he has not got back to me or done anything with documents I have completed for him. Everytime I call and ask "why is this not complete?" or "why haven't you done anything with this and why have I not heard back from you?" he responds with "Oh that's because you have to complete this form or send me this information". I hate insurance companies and all the BS that goes with them.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Ouch! sorry to hear / see that
Old 07-04-2011, 01:04 PM
RLTW!!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
So sorry for your loss OP. People are so mean and diabolical. They will be theirs. Hang in there and get you TL-S fixed.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
wow..good luck!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i thought the type-s's came with wheel locks stock(mine did), didnt realize they were an accessory. bogus.

what did your insurance say?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Waltah
i thought the type-s's came with wheel locks stock(mine did), didnt realize they were an accessory. bogus.

what did your insurance say?
Most dealers add them on for a small price or throw them in with the purchase. What's halirous to me is that some folks are complaining that it should come standard with a car like this, well just so you guys know, BMW didn't but wheel locks on my 760 either. Just simple wheel bolts....
Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Most dealers add them on for a small price or throw them in with the purchase. What's halirous to me is that some folks are complaining that it should come standard with a car like this, well just so you guys know, BMW didn't but wheel locks on my 760 either. Just simple wheel bolts....
id argue the same for your 760. any mid to high end luxo cars should have wheel locks on the premium wheels knowing people rip them off all the time.

at the same time...do wheel locks always work? no, sometimes they just slow thieves down.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Damn now imagine Type S with ASPEC kits and these wheels.. wake up one morning and find your wheels and kit missing.. I park my car all the way in the back drive way next to my room..i doubt that would stop anyone from coming in..the other day i heard something and my girl goes like, i think someones near your car.. i go outside, and a car drives away.. idk if i was being paranoid or if someone was actually there... if they were, they have balls to come in my yard like that...im going to buy wheel locks tomorrow... a semi auto would be nice, theyre not illegal in LI...
Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Intermediate

wow that crazy sucks. invest on some wheel locks. when u said about the rock i didnt expect it to be like that. damn..
Old 07-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow that really sucks man, hope you get everthing fixed man
Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Instructor

So here we are like 2 weeks later and as of now the car is at the body shop getting worked on finally, I have to pay not only the deductible but an additional $100 for "wear and tear" to replace the tires (thanks for the BS Geico). The car is leased and I love the car so much that I was going to keep it but now I am torn. As of now I am probably going to give it back so I am not buying wheel locks for it. It iwll be garaged until the end. Only problem is now I am gonna be paranoid wherever I park it. And if I do give it back I will be selling some accessories I bought for it but I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Advanced

The car is leased and I love the car so much that I was going to keep it but now I am torn. As of now I am probably going to give it back so I am not buying wheel locks for it. It iwll be garaged until the end. Only problem is now I am gonna be paranoid wherever I park it. And if I do give it back I will be selling some accessories I bought for it but I'll keep everyone posted.

Come on man don't let that low life ruin your enjoyment of a great car. Unfortunately, people are victims of theft every second of the day. Be thankful you're more fortunate than that criminal, and that you can afford a car like that without resorting to stealing. Just get it fixed, get some wheel locks immediately, eventually install a light or camera, and move on. Geico charging you that extra $100 is really cheap though.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ohnoooooo
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
are you shitting me....

NY astounds me....
Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 PM
10th Gear

This is why I llike living in the suburbs. I can leave my TL's doors unlocked with an iPhone inside and nothing will happen.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Instructor

So it has been just about 3 weeks and after being jerked around by my insurance company and then being made false promises by the body shop I FINALLY have my baby back...looking sexy as all hell. When I look at her I forget all about wanting to give her back at the end of lease because she is hot. Unfortunately now I am afraid to park it anywhere at night but at home she is in a garage so that is a plus.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Looking good. Don't let jealous people force you to return your car...
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
well its great that everything was resolved! car is back to normal

Quick Reply: OMFG are you kidding meeeeeeeeeeeee UGH