Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMFG are you kidding meeeeeeeeeeeee UGH

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man... People are brutal
2nd night I had my car some jacka$$ keyed it Nothing we can do, its just the way people are. I will always respect others property
Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats the reason why I sold my integra. I didn't think the tl was hot. I feel for you man
Old 06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
man sorry to hear about this... get some wheel locks asap.. this should seriously come standard with the typeS wheels since you see more and more Hondas with the TLS wheels...
Old 06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
That's crap! They even messed up your sides.

As for locks for wheels. My aftermarket RS4 wheels have locks, but when I took it to a shop to get tires changed, I said "oh here's the key to the locks"

They said, "Oh no worries, we have the master"

WTF?!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:08 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by Mafyoso
Damn, At lease they had the Decency to leave your Lug nut there so you don't have to buy new ones. LOL Nah im playing man this shit sucks, I know Kats here in Florida that are dieing to get their hands on my Type S wheels even offered my 1500 for them. Dudes are crazy, I have them stored away in a nice holding place. Hopefully Geico can get that fixed for you in a hurry
That definitely sounds like Orlando/Kissimee/Tampa areas.

Originally Posted by LexLuminati
That blows man! Sorry about that! 2 Months ago some one tried taking my Type S rims but didn't realize that my bedroom window is right next to my car...I have a mosberg 500 Tactical Persuader shotgun with an optical sight, grip, and laser sight...boy were they surprised when I snuck out the back and cocked 1 shell casing out of it so they knew it was real. I have 2 pairs of hand cuffs at home and forced them to hand cuff each other and sit on the floor while I called the cops!! I was really close to shooting one...thank god I didn't have too. Everyone in my neighborhood knows not to touch my car since!
DUDE! You are my hero!!! A SHOTGUN FTMFW!

To the OP, I'm sorry about your Type-S wheels and the skirt. Thats BS! I know the type-s wheels look good, but wow it's crazy how many are stolen. BTW why would anyone put them on civics? Ugly imo. Hopefully this will blow over pretty fast. I'd be wary of the thief(s) coming back to get the other 2. Where I live @ you RARELY and i mean RARELY here about wheels/car being stolen. No central and south fl thats a different story.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Why hasn't an alarm company produced sensors that are installed between the hub and the wheel yet? A simple switch would work right? Even the stock alarm could do this.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by renedcruz
Sorry for what happened OP. Whoever did that was a douchebag!

And this is why I'm happy I have a garage with cameras (just in case). My neighborhood is not too bad, but I still take extra precautions to ensure this kinda crap doesn't happen to me.

Good choice on installing the cameras and putting your car in a garage.

What type of camera system to you have?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mug
Why hasn't an alarm company produced sensors that are installed between the hub and the wheel yet? A simple switch would work right? Even the stock alarm could do this.
Viper does this I believe. There is a feature that detects car tilt change.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has thought of a lock that will keep the average thief from stealing your wheels.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
riding low and steady

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
op sorry to hear about your situation. Good luck and hope the insurance will take care of this asap.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to hear man, a lot of this going on in the Tri-State
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
thats some shit

stockies are getting stolen more and more because with all the stockies out there you really cant tell the difference like u can with volks, weds, etc etc

Old 06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
That sucks OP. Rims are one thing but messing up the car is just an insult.

And they could have gotten all off it they would have jacked up the front and back but can only imagine what damage that would have done.

Hopefully insurance won't jack you too bad. My S has wheel locks as well and will be going into a garage in a couple months as well. Mainly due to sun damage as theft / damage isn't too bad here.

Best of luck to your speedy recovery.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
I posted this video in the NY/NJ regions section for somebody who just had something stolen off their Type S.

Ninja glock > Shotgun

Buy this kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAvYQSsGdMw
Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Daaamn they did you dirty. Thats New York tho, you cant have anything nice these days. My car was broken into in front of my house, dumbass tried to take my radio. (FAIL!) Anyways they could have at least gotten blocks and put them under where the jackstands go. Sorry man.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
were there wheel locks on the rims/wheels?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
no wheel locks?......big mistake............!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by coykiam
wow thats crazy...and this is why I give civic/rsx or any non TL type S sporting a TL Type S rims a dirty look. Hell if it wasnt illegal I wouldve beat the shit out of the cars owner just for putting a typeS rims on a non typeS car. OP, any finger prints on those lugs? Good luck with the insurance.
What about those people with Aspec rims on NON-ASPEC cars... What about people putting Type S Tails on a non-typeS TL's..

the only good thing you said is what i put in BOLD above...

Op, sucks to see this happen. Its not safe anywhere anymore...
Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
THAT SSUUCCCKKKSSSS BBBAAAALLLLZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

I am so sorry bro..
Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Mug
What type of camera system to you have?
I have no idea! I just told a friend who does this kind of work to install a camera system in and around my garage. I have four cameras in total. Two in the actual garage and two outside looking at the entrance.
The following users liked this post:
Mug (07-08-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Wow, I knew the Type S wheels were good looking and popular, but this is ridiculous.

Sorry to see this....
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
That blows man! Sorry about that! 2 Months ago some one tried taking my Type S rims but didn't realize that my bedroom window is right next to my car...I have a mosberg 500 Tactical Persuader shotgun with an optical sight, grip, and laser sight...boy were they surprised when I snuck out the back and cocked 1 shell casing out of it so they knew it was real. I have 2 pairs of hand cuffs at home and forced them to hand cuff each other and sit on the floor while I called the cops!! I was really close to shooting one...thank god I didn't have too. Everyone in my neighborhood knows not to touch my car since!
Love it when it turns out like this. About 15 years ago I was sitting on the couch watching tv with all the lights off and just the screen door closed when I heard what sounded like bottle rockets being let off out front. Ran to the door and saw two guys and a girl running away from my car, which was rapidly losing air from the back tires. Cleared porch, yard and ran after them barefoot, in my underwear, but by the time I caught up they had rounded the next corner and the guys had obviously booked behind houses. I caught the girl and dragged her back home, kicking and screaming and plopped her down in a chair and called the cops. She kept trying to bolt for the door, so I duct taped her to the chair. After some serious persuasion the next day by a cop friend of mine, she ratted, and a couple months later I received a check for $300 in the mail.

As it turned out, I had busted the two kids shoplifting in the store I worked at at the time and they had somehow found out where I lived.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 PM
07 WDP TL Type S

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
damn man, so sorry to hear this. It gets me worried about my stockers as well. good luck hopefully insurance takes good care of u
Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sleeper22
Invest in some poisonous snakes and chain them to the car or around the car...LOL. Doubt you will have anymore problems. Actually old pot growers do this to ward off cops and other peepers.
lmaoo hahahahaah

Originally Posted by TechGeek

So to answer some questions...
1. This happened in LI Valley Stream so I recommend regardless of area get wheel locks put a camera on your car sit in a chair nearby with a shotgun whatever but protect your baby

2. The garage wasn't available at the time though now it is going to be "made" available from here on out

3. They would have gotten all 4 rims but like sharksbreath said my passenger side is right near the curb so they couldn't get them off.

I have had so many incidents with this car from someone cracking my windshield to an unavoidable accident and now this I am taking it as a sign that G-D doesn't want me to have this car. I waited so long and was so happy when I got it and I am not even enjoying it anymore.

As of now I filed a claim, I had to drive to my Acura dealer to get a loaner rim and am now waiting for a tow truck to come and put the wheels on and tow my car to their lot where it will have to sit another "up to" 5 days waiting for my insurance claim adjuster to look at it before I can get it fixed. I have to pay out of pocket $500 to put my car back to how it was and I am just so frustrated and fed up with it all.
damn bro deuschebags couldnt even use bricks as to not ruin other parts... dude invest in loks as someone else said. 2 DIFFERENT locks for EACH RIM. total of 8 diferent locks... i know dudes in the bronx that drive around lookin for victims... every lock, air powered drills. cements bloks in unmarked vans....30 seconds and ur rims are M.I.A.
the only thing u can do is delay them if ur parked in the streets...

im parked in my garage, that locks from the INSIDE. never too safe... hope it all works out for you

god blss the right to bear arms...
Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
that sucks axx
Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Cruisin'

omg techgeek! i almost couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this thread...cuz guess what..same shit happened to me yesterday with my kbp tls. I walked down to my apartment parkade in the morning ready to go to work and ALL 4 of my tires were stolen. what an appropriate time to yell FUCK MY LIFE!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
The One

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
noticed no wheel locks. yeah, that would have just slowed them down but hey, you might have caught them. I would invest in wheel locks and aftermarket alarm. Granted that's not 100% but anything to make the thief move on to the next car or something to try and catch him. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
The Darker the berry....

This kinda stuff really sux.... can't have anything nice in NY. I'm in LI too - got stockies on my 06 TL (non type-s) which I don't think thieves have much interest in anymore but I just put a nice set of 19" rims on my 07 Mustang and I'm scared sh!tless thinking someone might try to jackem..The TL blocks the stang every night in the driveway but I know they'll come in the driveway to get em if they really want them. Got 2 locks on each wheel but locks only slow down the thieves, it doesn't prevent. My alarm guys says it's only $80 to add the tilt-sensor to any after-market alarm, but being that it's factory alarm on it right now, I gotta save the dough for that.. in the meantime I try to sleep light and keep the Mossberg 12 gauge pump-action ready to go!!

This reminds me that I took the locks off my 06 TL stockies a couple weeks ago cuz I couldn't find the key after dealer visit - I better put them back on ASAP - u never kno.... Good luck with insurance.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM
baller on a budget, b!tch

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Sorry this happened to you OP, fucking ridiculous. I wonder if these disgusting low life, peice of shit thieves are more inclined to steal OEM type-s's over say, aftermarket 19's or 20's.

After reading through this bullshit, I'm very happy I got the tilt sensors installed with my Avital/smartstart. I will also be buying 2 lock sets. Maybe 3. lol
Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by TomuTLS
omg techgeek! i almost couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this thread...cuz guess what..same shit happened to me yesterday with my kbp tls. I walked down to my apartment parkade in the morning ready to go to work and ALL 4 of my tires were stolen. what an appropriate time to yell FUCK MY LIFE!
OMFG! THEY GOT YOU TOO?! I don't have a TL, but this is seriously gettin ridiculous! I really feel bad for the type-s owners. They work very hard for their cars and BAM! someone jack their wheels. Everytime I look at OP's pics of his TL-S it pisses me off.

I dont blame you guys if you keep your guns close. Maybe next time a thief gets to close he may end up dead.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Instructor

dang thats sad!!! i hate thieves
Old 06-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I feel you on this OP, I had all four of mine stolen right in front of my apartment, and they put rocks under my sideskirts like they did yours but it didn't bend them up as bad, these guys don't care/nor respect other peoples property! Wheel locks and nice for your peace of mind but if they want them they are gonna get them...just a matter of your hearing them or seeing them.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by coykiam
wow thats crazy...and this is why I give civic/rsx or any non TL type S sporting a TL Type S rims a dirty look. Hell if it wasnt illegal I wouldve beat the shit out of the cars owner just for putting a typeS rims on a non typeS car. OP, any finger prints on those lugs? Good luck with the insurance.
I drive a non typeS and looking to put typeS Wheels on my car. Whenever you see me, please feel free to beat the shit outta me. Lets see What the outcome of that is. You can post that here too

Originally Posted by TechGeek
So I wake up for work get ready walk out to my car and what do I see? Good guess...my f****** driver side rims both gone, my car sitting on a rock like piece of s***...and she is looking so sad and depressed. Just like her owner. Call Geico and of course they can't tow it because they can't find a tow company with loaner wheels to move it. So now I have to call Acura when they open and see what they can do because I can't leave her like that for 5 days for a claims adjuster to come look at it. WTF why are people such assh*oles and haters.

And I can tell you what come Saturday cameras are going up all around my house.

Pictures to come later
Sorry for the loss OP, after you get a neW set, please invest in Wheel locks as others have stated. Even i have them on my base Wheels.
Those guys might be looking to come back being tht they knoW Where you live noW and also they knoW they knoW you might contact your insurance to get neW Wheels.
So please be cautious and parking in a garage is def my next best thing in addition to Wheel locks.

Ahhh, God bless America
I have 2 firearms (one from my dept, glock 21 and the other mine, my beautiful .40 caliber glock 27 calibrated to an easier 5lb trigger pull With an extended mag, oh so beautiful)

Originally Posted by Ch33sE1
with the number of type S rims stolen in that area, id just put wheel locks on every bolt, each a different pattern
Might sound funny but makes sense.
Especially in these areas

Originally Posted by Flipster23
thats some shit

stockies are getting stolen more and more because with all the stockies out there you really cant tell the difference like u can with volks, weds, etc etc

+1

Originally Posted by Yvuru
I posted this video in the NY/NJ regions section for somebody who just had something stolen off their Type S.

Ninja glock > Shotgun

Buy this kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAvYQSsGdMw
This video is BOSS
Wish it Was that simple
Originally Posted by RainSupreme
I feel you on this OP, I had all four of mine stolen right in front of my apartment, and they put rocks under my sideskirts like they did yours but it didn't bend them up as bad, these guys don't care/nor respect other peoples property! Wheel locks and nice for your peace of mind but if they want them they are gonna get them...just a matter of your hearing them or seeing them.
Sometimes stories like these makes me Want to keep my base TL Wheels as they never touch those. Sorry for your loss as Well
RainSupreme (07-07-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Originally Posted by jetblakTL
This kinda stuff really sux.... can't have anything nice in NY. I'm in LI too - got stockies on my 06 TL (non type-s) which I don't think thieves have much interest in anymore but I just put a nice set of 19" rims on my 07 Mustang and I'm scared sh!tless thinking someone might try to jackem..The TL blocks the stang every night in the driveway but I know they'll come in the driveway to get em if they really want them. Got 2 locks on each wheel but locks only slow down the thieves, it doesn't prevent. My alarm guys says it's only $80 to add the tilt-sensor to any after-market alarm, but being that it's factory alarm on it right now, I gotta save the dough for that.. in the meantime I try to sleep light and keep the Mossberg 12 gauge pump-action ready to go!!

This reminds me that I took the locks off my 06 TL stockies a couple weeks ago cuz I couldn't find the key after dealer visit - I better put them back on ASAP - u never kno.... Good luck with insurance.
Regular wheel locks will slow down thieves however a GOOD set of locks that require some thin wall sockets to remove that barely have any clearance in the lug holes is the best thing to have. This way a thief can't use gator grips or a lock removal set since they won't be able to grab onto them.

However you can still chisel the front and use a different method to remove it but that'd make a bit of noise and you would catch them.

As far as adding a tilt sensor, you can EASILY add tilt and shock sensors to the factory alarm. Hook both of them up to the hood latch so if they trip they will make the factory alarm think the hood opened up and thus set off the alarm.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Did you check for finger prints on the lug nuts? Just a thought FWIW.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat04TL
Did you check for finger prints on the lug nuts? Just a thought FWIW.
When I had mine stolen the cops said that they couldn't/wouldn't finger print the car or lugnuts because it wasn't $10,000 worth of damage
Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Keep a gun handy?!! Install video cameras?! Hahaaaaa Go ahead & shoot & kill someone stealing your wheels & then enjoy 15 to 20 yrs in prison. You cannot kill someone because they are in your driveway jacking your wheels, you must feel as though your life is in in DANGER & they must be INSIDE your home, not outside.
Cameras? Do you think a detective will review your video recording then sit down for endless hours trying to match up & I'd who's seen in the video? And what will the police do then? Get the swat team together & start kicking down doors?
Car theft is low on priorities for police, even less for only wheels being stolen, they DON'T care & figure you have insurance so its no big deal. I know this for a fact. I know it sucks, but that's the way the system works. If you were a cop would you give a ratts ass of some guy driving a $40,000 who's wheels were stolen?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:08 AM
05 SSM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
off topic for a sec ... I wonder if anyone would ever invent a gps tracer to place it inside the wheel. Anyways sorry to hear about the rims and the side skirts...
Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
OMFG! THEY GOT YOU TOO?! I don't have a TL, but this is seriously gettin ridiculous! I really feel bad for the type-s owners. They work very hard for their cars and BAM! someone jack their wheels.
I guess the Base TL owners don't work hard for their cars.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by RainSupreme
When I had mine stolen the cops said that they couldn't/wouldn't finger print the car or lugnuts because it wasn't $10,000 worth of damage
Ah of course, the mighty dollar wins out. "To protect and serve" my a$$...
RainSupreme (06-27-2011)

Quick Reply: OMFG are you kidding meeeeeeeeeeeee UGH