Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohhhhhh, Life is good

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ohhhhhh, Life is good

Im a 4 month troll, turned 2005 TL owner....
I got it on Tuesday and Ive been driving smiling miles. I traded in my new, reliable, fuel efficient and boring 2004 Camry LE for a New 2005 Acura TL Red/Parch/6MT/Navi and I couldnt be happier, well I could but I think my wife would eventually find the blonde hairs in the car, but thats beside the point. I had been looking for this color combo for quite some time. Initially there were only 3 on the entire east coast and all the dealers wanted close to MSRP. I waited......
I just want to thank all that have posted to give good comments and negative comments about the TL. It helped me quite a bit to come to my decision in not only the car, but the combination that I got.
I originally was a die-hard G35 coupe guy. I wanted the athens blue/wheat/6MT , but had to wait until next year to get it (long story, child related). So being the auto-enthusiast that I am, I continued looking into sports cars and possible alternatives. As you can tell, I found a great alternative.
I wont bore you anymore with all of my new car "glee".
Here are some pictures of my new redondo red / parch / 6MT / navi car. Just click on the one with the 2005 Acura TL.

http://www.armstrongpage.com/Coppermine/index.php?cat=3

Thx again folks and Ill continue to troll unless I can add value to some conversation.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats. I saw that color combo on my bikeride home today.Is the camrys ride smoother then that of the tl?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Congrats. I saw that color combo on my bikeride home today.Is the camrys ride smoother then that of the tl?
Yes it is much smoother. The TL is still smooth, but it also gives the driver feedback. The camry pretty much isolated the driver from the road. This = 0 fun for me, but a very very good car.

BTW, I paid $32,900 for the car and destination. I had to pay title, tax and small processing fee. I thought I got a decent deal. The salesman only went to his boss 1 time. I guess I could have done better, but I just wanted to go and drive it home.....
I think dealers of all makes are getting more desperate, look at GM right now....
Old 06-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Congrats on the ride! I absolutely love my TL!! I've had it for three months and I'm still just as crazy about it today as the day that I drove it off of the dealer lot. There are days where I wish that I would have bought the 6MT but I don't care. My previous cars were manuals so I figured I'd go with the automatic and relax a bit!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:09 PM
6MT & LSD

Welcome troll...er dwarflord. (troll actually sounds better between the two, imo )

32.9k is a nice price.

BTW, you took a veeery wrong turn with that Camry.. especially when you were coming from RX7 -> Vette -> Prelude

Also, very cool looking dogs!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Such a Gorgeous Car !!

Congrats on your new TL. Love the color combo and I am sure it was worth the wait. I had the exact same car on order a few months back but didn't want to wait the 3 months for it to arrive. So mine has Ebony instead of Parchment.

Very nice photos. Really shows the color well.

Not too many of our color out there so they stand out. You will also notice how the color changes related to the ambient light. I still can't help looking back at my car when I park it to go shopping, etc.

I am always getting complements on how sharp the car looks in red as I'm sure you will too.

And the 6spd is a blast too !!

Enjoy.....

John
Old 06-16-2005, 10:33 PM
6MT & LSD

Ricochet Rabbit, I LOVE your signature! 2 TL's, 2 6MT's

Post some pics of the two!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

my grandfather has a camry and it seems to float. It is definatly comfortable, but something that floats can't be as responsive as something that you feel the road with. Is the TL louder or quiter inside(from road noise) then the camry. I am not a toyota thing, but when I was in the car with my grandfather it was very quiet.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Intermediate

Photos of Mine

ndx2,

Here are some photos of mine at least. Haven't done hers for forum display yet. Both cars set up the same with wing spoilers.

Old 06-17-2005, 04:12 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Rub it in eh guys. In Canuckville we only got the RRP on a 6mt and only for 04. Their color selection is for Canada is brain dead. No spice at all.

Actually I'd love to see some interesting colors like a pale metallic yellow or Lime green like the new Stang.

Love your colors. I't be mine if Acura CA had it together.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:21 AM
Drifting

Nice looking car dude. Welcome to the Acura forum. I've had no problems with my '04 6mt so I hope you have similar luck with your new car. Nice color combi btw!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ndx2
Welcome troll...er dwarflord. (troll actually sounds better between the two, imo )

32.9k is a nice price.

BTW, you took a veeery wrong turn with that Camry.. especially when you were coming from RX7 -> Vette -> Prelude

Also, very cool looking dogs!
LOL, ya, the Dwarflord is a name I came up with about 24 years ago when I used to play dungeons and dragons. I know use it when I play online games, mostly Quake and the name has kind of stuck with me....
The camry fit our needs. The wife had to stop working when we had baby #2 so $$ became an issue. The wife and I agreed she is going back to work next fall, so I took it upon myself to enlighten my daily commute to make the work day a little more easy to get through, plus I have some savings I can pick at to accomodate the increase in payments.
Ya the price was good and there was almost no haggling. I got it at Pohanka in Chantilly. They are currently the #1 dealer in the US for acura and they are doing anything to keep it that way. Timing timing timing....
Old 06-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Intermediate

Crazy,
Yes the camry does "float", thats a good way to describe it and it definitely does take some time to get used to the feel and the responsiveness.
The camry is more quiet on the inside. The TL is too, but the camry has styrofoam, even in the door sills to isolate the road noise. You can not even tell that the engine is running, you have to check the tachometer. But it was a good car, just no personality...

I like the ebony too, but I did notice that wrinkles in the leather show up easier on the ebony than the parch. The downside of the parchment is that marks/dirt show up a lot easier so there is give and take. The only thing I see when I drive though, is open road and the red hood of my car, so what do i care about dirty leather....
Thx for the welcome all. I look forward to hanging here and revelling in this car!!!