OEM cargo tray

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008 | 05:55 PM
5th Gear

OEM cargo tray

I recently purchased a used 2004 TL and ended up buying the cargo tray from Curry Acura via eBay. When I installed it I noticed that the right rear doesn't completely get covered. In looking at Acura's site it looks as if it were intentionally made that way???
Old 01-22-2008 | 06:05 PM
Administrator

This thread has been moved from the Performance Parts & Modifications subforum to the proper forum. Please read The "Modifications" in "Performance Parts & Modifications" announcement at the top of the Performance Parts & Modifications subforum for a full explanation.

The cutout is for people who have navigation in their trunk. If you don't have navi, then you will see the open area.
Old 01-23-2008 | 01:16 AM
Safety Car

Your car must not have navigation. That spot on the passenger side is where the nav unit would be. The trunk tray is designed to fit up against it.
Old 03-13-2008 | 02:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MattyG
I recently purchased a used 2004 TL and ended up buying the cargo tray from Curry Acura via eBay. When I installed it I noticed that the right rear doesn't completely get covered. In looking at Acura's site it looks as if it were intentionally made that way???
It have the same exact problem. I ordered one from Curry Acura on eBay and when I put it in my trunk this morning, I discovered that the entire area behind the right rear wheel is not covered. Pretty sloppy in my opinion.
I called Curry and the gentleman in the parts dept told me the tray would cover entirely the trunk if I had the OEM Navigation.
Since I don't have Navigation, there's this gap and I refuse to keep something that doesn't fit perfectly.
I can't believe Acura would design something so poorly. Why not have 2 different trays, one for Nav and one for non-Nav ........... or put the Nav somewhere else?
By the way, the Nav must be a pretty big system to need so much room in the trunk, like the size of a car battery.

I'm curious to know what owners of non-Nav TLs have done to remedy the problem. I'll start a new thread on the issue.
Old 03-13-2008 | 03:24 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Yeah - that is kind of weird that they would just take a one size fits all stance. I've got an '04 w/ navi, and my new mat is on my front step waiting for me to get home.

As for the nav size - it's not that big, but it could have been oriented a little better. It's a slot load DVD player that is on it's bottom (so the DVD slides out toward the middle of the trunk) If they would have set it upright, it would only eat up 3-4 inches instead of 8-10.