Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oakland Acura Service - Memory Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oakland Acura Service - Memory Seat Issue

I've been aware of the memory seat issue for a while now, and have attempted to have the unit switched out in my last two service appointments at Oakland Acura.

Apparently, the first service advisor (Sandy) was new, and the second service advisor (Steve) was just not professional. Needless to say, the issue was not addressed and persisted to occur.

The second advisor even said that it was because I didn't program the seats, and that they programmed fine. Obviously he didn't listen to a thing I told him...of course they program fine, but that's not the issue. The issue is that they lose the memory after programming in a few weeks.

Anyway, I brought it in again yesterday, this time specifically for the memory seat issue, becaue it was really bugging me that a new car had a problem like this. I worked with a "Paul," and right away he knew what I was talking about. He apologized for the last two failed attempts at resolving this issue, and informed me that Steve had been let go (too bad so sad). I requested a loaner and was given a loaner '04 TL with the same exterior color (anthracite) but different interior (ebony instead of my quartz).

I am very happy this time around with Oakland Acura, and just wanted to let you all know that if your first or second visit to Oakland Acura was somewhat sour...give 'em another chance and see how it goes. It also wouldn't hurt to specifically request "Paul" as your service advisor.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol i love it how people who know they are getting laid off....just don't care anymore
Old 12-28-2004, 03:43 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Hey there

I remember that Steve was brand new too - I used him once but since I've been in at that dealership many times the service manager Phil pays personal attention to my car... I think it's because I'm anal as all hell!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lore
Hey there

I remember that Steve was brand new too - I used him once but since I've been in at that dealership many times the service manager Phil pays personal attention to my car... I think it's because I'm anal as all hell!
Hahahahaah...sweet

Did you actually buy it at Oakland Acura? I don't remember.

I went to pick up my car today, and was asking for the license plate plugs for the front end of the car since they didn't give them to me when I first bought the car. Paul (the service advisor) tried looking for some spare ones, but couldn't find any...so they ordered a pair for me.

They cost $14.95 EACH from the factory, which is outrageous. Thank goodness I'm not paying for them.

Oakland Acura's service is beginning to grow on me
Old 12-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That price you quoted for the bumper plugs does seem a bit high, since the actual cost to the consumer is $1.46. I think your information source may be mistaken. (I'm being kind, here.)
Old 12-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oakland Acura should be fully aware of memory seat issue by now. I got my 04 TL there and also requested for the front plugs. At first, I got the run around. I spoke to Phil and he got me a pair.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:29 PM
10th Gear

Oakland acura

Oakland Acura has great service and as a matter of fact I always deal with Paul. I had a headliner problem and he replaced it without any trouble. Also he replaced my radio in my 04 TL since the cd's got suck. So anyone need service at Oakland ask for Paul!

But anyways I also got a hornet 700T installed in my 04 and it works great off the factory system. It adds, shock sensor, glass breakage and a siren. I also have the factory horn hooked up so when the siren goes off with the alarm the horn also ring its pretty cool. It costed me about $400 and it seems expensive because I got it done at a place where their known for their installations. The only problem I have is that when the alarm is on and you press the trunk release button on the drivers side the alarm rings, but only the horn rings. The siren will not ring. The installer says this is not possible since the factory system is being used. However the siren and horn will ring if you pull the emergency trunk relase cable in the trunk while the alarm is on. Anyone have any ideas on how to by pass this? It does not really bother me but it would be nice to have that siren to make it louder heehehe. Anyone need the name of the place where I got the alarm let me know they are in San Francisco and in Concord. They are well known and they were featured on Directed Electronics webpage.